You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Star Wars The Old Republic

Guest Jon Snow

Guest Jon Snow

So who knows about this game ?

I got it on pre-order , going to be some kick ass fan fair I can tell you, just watch these 3 trailers for it and tell me that it ain't cooler then the last 3 films.

[YOUTUBE]DOvbv-LkK6w[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]z0RuR3FREFw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]5lrk2BE4Tqc[/YOUTUBE]

If you are a star wars fan like me get this game you won't regret it.

Man i'd love to get this game when it comes out, but there's no way in hell my piece of shit computer would run it. Its the computer equivilent of those small black robots that zip around the death star and star destroyers going "der der de de" - i.e. fucking useless. Guess i'll have to keep myself occupied with SWKOR and battlefront 2, maybe FU2 if i can be bothered. Damn you ever improving computer technologies! Damn you all to hell!!

This is one of those MMO subscription type deals isn't it?

Fuck that, I'm not a TOTAL nerd.

I want a new KOTOR for the 360 please Bioware. Just as soon as I'm done with Dragon Age.

And SKYRIM is coming soon! So this can fuck off.

Yup, can't really argue with that, mmo's certainly are geeky as fuck (one of the main reasons i never contemplated World of Warcraft), but i could probably make an exception for star wars as i have a disturbingly unhealthy passion for it... *shudders* felt dirty saying that

Guest Jon Snow
This is one of those MMO subscription type deals isn't it?

Fuck that, I'm not a TOTAL nerd.

I want a new KOTOR for the 360 please Bioware. Just as soon as I'm done with Dragon Age.

And SKYRIM is coming soon! So this can fuck off.

Yes silver you are cool you sleep with prostitutes.

Why men use prostitutes | Society | The Guardian

I understand that when you need to make friends to get somewhere in a game that is your weakness silver.

Guest Jon Snow
It's an MMO, can't be bothered with such crap. They should have just made a direct sequel to KOTOR.

This game is first MMO to have 100% spoken dialog in it. Its just like playing KOTOR, only that if you wish you can join up with others and play bigger more epic battles. There will also be space battles that look epic as well. This game is going to be ground breaking on so many levels. To pass it off as just "such crap", is shooting your self in the foot before you even gave it a try.

The MMORPG genre was fucked before it got off the ground really. WoW Vanilla (the original) was decent and a hard slog but felt like an epic world but the subsequent updates have dumbed it down for casual gamers all over MMORPG's included WoW expansions pale in comparison.

Guest Jon Snow
The MMORPG genre was fucked before it got off the ground really. WoW Vanilla (the original) was decent and a hard slog but felt like an epic world but the subsequent updates have dumbed it down for casual gamers all over MMORPG's included WoW expansions pale in comparison.

I agree Reacher I played wow at Vanilla but gave up most of the main changes after WoTLK it was majorly reworked and made shit and become even more a of grind fest.

I really think tho this game is being made for adults in mind.

Guest Jon Snow
Does it require a monthly subscription, or only pay when you play?

I ask as I work away from home alot, without internet access when away, so would only play it short bursts.

Not sure they haven't said I don't think from what i seen. I guessing it be monthly. I seen a few MMOs add a holiday button now which gives you 4 weeks per year to use as holiday so they give you that back in free time. It will be 8 pound prob a month even if you play it for 15 hours a month still better investment then a DVD.

It'll be shit, just a load of Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors running around.

Occasionally you'll see a Bounty Hunter running around.

Hate games where all the effort seems to have been put into making the cut scenes great and the gameplay graphics are a fraction as good.

I've just restarted WoW and I'm far from impressed about the way it has been nerfed. I have made level 27 in two days. Back in 2005/6 that was weeks if not months of work.

Going to get a warrior up to 85 then probably be bored and sell it. Look like Blizzard have sold out to a load of screaming kids.

Guest Jon Snow
It'll be shit, just a load of Jedi Knights and Sith Warriors running around.

Occasionally you'll see a Bounty Hunter running around.

Hate games where all the effort seems to have been put into making the cut scenes great and the gameplay graphics are a fraction as good.

Well you be wrong because their are tons and tons of players on the forums who are going to be playing , troopers and bounty hunters , smugglers and so on they made every class cool. Plus each class we be needed in instances so. It won't be Jedi/Sith warrior wank fest you think it will be.

Well you be wrong because their are tons and tons of players on the forums who are going to be playing , troopers and bounty hunters , smugglers and so on they made every class cool. Plus each class we be needed in instances so. It won't be Jedi/Sith warrior wank fest you think it will be.

Do you think it will rival WoW? Plenty have tried and none have come close.

Try that again.

Even if the take up is a million subscribers the forums represents a fraction of people who actually play the game. By some Distance those who have lightsabers will far outweigh those that don't especially at the beginning.

And another thing, can game companies stop using what are essentially CGI films as trailers for games when they are rarely representative of actual gameplay.

For example

This...

[YOUTUBE]DOvbv-LkK6w[/YOUTUBE]

...looks amazing but then it no doubt took a few months and millions of pounds to achieve that short clip.

This...

star-wars-the-old-republic-sith-inquisitor.jpg

...looks like an escapee from the green room of the jeremy kyle show.

Doesn't just go for this game, all games are the same, 90% of trailers have the stupid "Not representative of actual gameplay" tag on them. If it's not representative don't fucking show it.

I still have nightmares about how SOE fucked Galaxies up, however, Bioware = winning.

Dont think ill blow 500 quid plus though on a new PC when the format is essentially fucked for anything other than MMos and facebook. And facebook is now mainly on smartphones. And shite. And full of gobshites.