You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stabbing burglars 'will be legal'

dennis tooth

Now we've hit a point I can completely agree with. Judges, a bunch of crusty old posh bastards that have little grip on reality. Well the ones I've seen anyway, although I rarely get chance to see judges.

Problem is that no matter who you make as a judge they are stuck following the law, and as the law has little allowance for common sense you're screwed.

Our legal system needs a complete overhaul and nobody is about to do that, well not until after the revolution. (ssshh, keep that to yourself)

Judges can and do excercise their own descretion, bad ones follow the law rather than the spirit of it, the law is merely a guideline. I understand this leads to a variety of different outcomes that are difficult to measure and break down for people who like to see things in B & W like your average politician or daily mail reader but tough titty no two crimes are the same and thats what is should be doing.

A judge's only fear is being overturned but even then if we had better judges, and there are a number of ways of doing that, then the law we have is sufficient.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck off rentboy. As I was saying, or as nn predicted rightly for once, crime and the burgalry rate has shot up and will continue to rise becos theres tories in power.

If burgulars start getting killed and attacked and its news then the job description will become more violent and desperate. Witness that fool who attacked those other robbers and they came back in revenge and robbed him. More carcasses means more upset freinds and family coming for revenge and its a slippery slope. More old people trying to be hard and getting the poker taken off them and rammed up with arse. You take the gloves off in the battle and the homeowner will be worse off because the advantage is always with the one who is entering the your house undetected. It would be better to secure your house than invest in a knife set if we have our houses by the time the tory ecomongic policies come to fruition and thats the rub, this is just a crumb for mongs like you because they realise theres going to be a upsurge in burgalries and cuts to the nhs and police and every other fucking thang means its easier just to bring in the undertakers. They have no intention also of delivering an economic policy to benefit the majority so the best they can come up with is to tell you to slaughter each other in the comfort of your own homes.

For people who dont understand that they are being burgled everyday by David Cameron, he just doesnt have to come into your house to do so.

Shall we place our bets then on the amount of burgalry victims also being assualted by the burgular going up if this takes place? If it wont change it you should have nothing to fear?

who you callin' a fool? can i introduce you to Louis?

it was a very high crime area and could have been coincidence.

Tell you what next time i run out to help someone i'll give the fuckers my card and tell them to come round next week and i'll help them with my gear into their van shall i? you fucking tofu eating nonce.

There's this old guy my Dad pays golf with, he's so tight he squeaks, a millionaire a couple times over apparently.

The story goes a couple of scumbags broke in to burgle him thinking he was out, he was upstairs asleep. When they opened his bedroom door he woke up and asked "what the fuck do you think you are doing?" and they said "looking for money" so he replies, "hang on, i'll get my trousers on and give you a hand"

who you callin' a fool? can i introduce you to Louis?

it was a very high crime area and could have been coincidence.

Tell you what next time i run out to help someone i'll give the fuckers my card and tell them to come round next week and i'll help them with my gear into their van shall i? you fucking tofu eating nonce.

Not at all mate, I was only calling you a fool to him not calling you a fool to you.

Your a fool for getting involved and not killing him or dont get involved at all mate. Your a fool because he came back and burgled you, you may think you have defended your territory but you have actually endangered your family more by not killing the or leaving the roidhed to handle his biz.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
in my defense he had a wheel brace, is that sufficient?

If he was coming at you with it, fucking right.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I reckon you're pretty safe with a good hiding, because nobody is going to go to the police and say 'well, I was robbing his house and he gave me a couple of digs in the ribs'. It's when he's in a coma in hospital for nicking a garden gnome and being set on fire for it when it becomes a bit iffy.

Guest simon

Wether its against thelaw someone intrudes. I will defend by any means nesacery. If its stabbing or picking up the nearest thing to me and smashing them with it. It dont matter. Cunts deserve it.

I've heard many times US law enforcers,Cops,FBI officers and the like saying that when a US homeowner buys a gun for protection,more often than not its the homeowner on the end of death or serious injury rather than the burglar.

The law as it stands is adequate but I have no faith in the lawmakers or the judges who hand out 'justice.'

If it aint broke dont fix it.

I agree with the notion of 'any reasonable force necessary' when it comes to defending yourself, your family, or your home.

If somebody is coming into my house uninvited then I have to assume bad intent on their part, especially if that happens to be in the middle of the night. At that point, it is about far more than a DVD player or a laptop. I believe a serious violation takes place when somebody intrudes in this way. They are undermining the security and safety of you and your family while you are peacefully going about your business in your own home.

In this sort of circumstance, the intruder should have some rights e.g. If he is knocked out with a cricket bat, you should not keep beating him until he is dead, nor should you drive after him and shoot him in the face. That sort of vigilantism should never be right.

But to my mind, the greater balance of rights should rest squarely on the side of the person minding their own business in their own home. They did not break the law. They did not seek trouble. Trouble found them. And frankly, if something happens and there is a struggle in the home and an injury - even a serious injury - to the intruder happens, then so be it. Nobody should be prosecuted under those sort of circumstances. If it goes to trial and it is not conclusive what happened one way or the other, the homeowner should have the benefit of any doubt.

As for the gun thing in America, I think it is crazy that there are so many guns over here. There are far too many stupid, senseless deaths because of this. Most of them are gang related and it mostly affects young men. It is senseless and stupid, at least to my eyes.

America has it's own particular history and reasons for the approach it has taken. As a democracy if enough people were fed up and wanted to change this, they could do it. As an Englishman living in America it should be a 'no-brainer' but there is a cultural divide, and many good, law abiding people over here would never want to give up their guns. C'est la vie.

I grew up in Birkenhead and lived in Birmingham, Leicester and Northampton, before moving over here. In all of those places I knew people who were burgled, and lived with (at least in the back of my mind) the notion that it could easily happen to me at any time.

For what it is worth, I do not know anybody who has been burgled over here. My wife's mum never locks the door on her house and she has never been burgled. She lives in a small town so undoubtedly that is partly the reason why. We live in a town that is bigger than Birkenhead, and we aren't always the most careful people with checking that the doors are locked. We have never been burgled here, and I don't know anybody who has. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but the threat of burglary is certainly not the blight on ordinary people's lives that I felt it was in the places I lived in England.

Guest TK-421

The problem with Ken's version is he left out the "reasonable" bit and changed it to "whatever force necessary". Necessary to do what?

He didn't stop there and encouraged some good old murdering.

I agree with the notion of 'any reasonable force necessary' when it comes to defending yourself, your family, or your home.

If somebody is coming into my house uninvited then I have to assume bad intent on their part, especially if that happens to be in the middle of the night. At that point, it is about far more than a DVD player or a laptop. I believe a serious violation takes place when somebody intrudes in this way. They are undermining the security and safety of you and your family while you are peacefully going about your business in your own home.

In this sort of circumstance, the intruder should have some rights e.g. If he is knocked out with a cricket bat, you should not keep beating him until he is dead, nor should you drive after him and shoot him in the face. That sort of vigilantism should never be right.

But to my mind, the greater balance of rights should rest squarely on the side of the person minding their own business in their own home. They did not break the law. They did not seek trouble. Trouble found them. And frankly, if something happens and there is a struggle in the home and an injury - even a serious injury - to the intruder happens, then so be it. Nobody should be prosecuted under those sort of circumstances. If it goes to trial and it is not conclusive what happened one way or the other, the homeowner should have the benefit of any doubt.

QUOTE]

Yes, but that's the situation as it stands.

Wether its against thelaw someone intrudes. I will defend by any means nesacery. If its stabbing or picking up the nearest thing to me and smashing them with it. It dont matter. Cunts deserve it.

I feel the same way, difference is if I cross the line (And I will.) I'll take my time doing birdie like a man too! And the law would be correct to punish me.

Yeah but by saying they can be killed legally then they are more likely to try and use it than escape when rumbled. Then let the police investigate with a more complicated law, more police time will be taken up beleive me. Its a can of worms, that is unworkable, doessnt serve justice. If everything was perfect then yes, in theory but in practice its a fucking unworkable as the death penalty, which is essentially what it is but actually becomes more complex the court case will be carried out afterwards rather than before.

Regardless its just pandering to the many mongs such as those in here who needs to think things through ey?

Justice? What is justice?