You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Marveaux

RobbieOR

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its refreshing to see we are taking fitness and wages seriously.

No offence to the lad, in fact I don't anything about him but if he is not fit, no point who he is really. Looking at the wiki page, he has made 118 appearances in the last 5 seasons - not really comforting is it? His most appearances has come in the 2009-10 season with 38 but this is sandwiched with 6 and 10 appearances. We have had enough broken ones in recent times in so-called good players like Kewell, Agger, Aurelio, Aquilani. It has cost both high transfer fees and wages.

It really is time we take fitness and wages seriously for the better of the club.

Personally I am not happy he failed his medical, but I am relieved because I was worried he was a crock and it's a weight off my mind. See the distinction?

So you argued against the point I made because it didn't apply to you personally?

Is that it?

Guest ShoePiss
Just read through this thread and looking at Dave U's post it worries me that there seems to be Kenny's targets and Comolli's targets who are different. Not what the club needs after the last few years at all and I hope its just the process of getting down to a prioritised list and not a symptom of something worse.

That post from Dave appeared to be his opinion only rather than specific knowledge (well that's the way he wrote it). I don't understand the reasoning of the post to be honest and maybe he can answer to that, is it because the player is French?

Maybe I'm being naive but I still hope player targets are agreed upon and all parties are happy with the choice rather than some kind of weird barter system going on.

Its refreshing to see we are taking fitness and wages seriously.

No offence to the lad, in fact I don't anything about him but if he is not fit, no point who he is really. Looking at the wiki page, he has made 118 appearances in the last 5 seasons - not really comforting is it? His most appearances has come in the 2009-10 season with 38 but this is sandwiched with 6 and 10 appearances. We have had enough broken ones in recent times in so-called good players like Kewell, Agger, Aurelio, Aquilani. It has cost both high transfer fees and wages.

It really is time we take fitness and wages seriously for the better of the club.

The £60,000 a week that has been getting bandied about kinda suggests that we might not have been taking wages too seriously. It would've seemed a lot for him to come in on, free or not.

Guest ShoePiss
So you argued against the point I made because it didn't apply to you personally?

Is that it?

Well I did the same, I was indifferent to the potential signing and feel the same way now that it's off. I didn't know anything about him so never really got chance to form an opinion either way.

It's just discussion isn't it?

Personally I am not happy he failed his medical, but I am relieved because I was worried he was a crock and it's a weight off my mind. See the distinction?

Spot on Zig. Some people will fail to see the distinction obviously but I know what exactly you mean and fully agree with you.

We are running a charity for the non-fit or shit footballers. We have lost LOTS of money in recent years due to players who were not fit. Fuck that. Let us be more practical and sensible in our decisions from now. Buying a broken Messi is the same as not having a Messi at all.

That post from Dave appeared to be his opinion only rather than specific knowledge (well that's the way he wrote it). I don't understand the reasoning of the post to be honest and maybe he can answer to that, is it because the player is French?

Maybe I'm being naive but I still hope player targets are agreed upon and all parties are happy with the choice rather than some kind of weird barter system going on.

The last few years have made me far more paranoid about comments from people you know you can rely on being close to the mark. I hope I read it wrong and jumped to the wrong conclusions.

Everyone has been saying he would be backup to our first choice left winger, but on 60k/w that seems a bit daft.

Not sure whether we are arguing about something?

I agree with you - 60k/week is daft anyway. Its even more of a brainless decision if he isn't going to be fit. Is that the point you are trying to make too?

Not sure whether we are arguing about something?

I agree with you - 60k/week is daft anyway. Its even more of a brainless decision if he isn't going to be fit. Is that the point you are trying to make too?

No, no. No argument. I'm just saying it seems odd that we would pay someone that much to be second choice. Almost as if he may actually have been first choice?

That may be nonsense though.