You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Alternate Universe

Bellflower

Depends,

Did Heysel happen in that universe? because obviously if it didn't Everton would be on 30 leagues, 20 European Cups and 7 World Cups by now and we'd all be miles behind Howard Kendalls all-conquering heroes.

I'm using a bit of debatable licence with this , but I think you're going into the realms of fantasy with that...

Id rather Everton won, simply because they will always be a small club no matter what they win and I will always consider them our minion. The mancs however are in a position to rival our greatness, and with victory tonight will somewhat overtake us.

Guest San Don
Where is the commit suicide option?

This!

Its just a re work of the chelshit v manc final in russia when I wanted them both to lose.

Guest The Chimp

It'd be the Blues for me as I'd revel in my mate's happiness rather than concentrate on the bitterest cunts in their support. I've no manc friends and hate everything to do with their club and support. For me, a fairly easy question to answer in all honesty (surprisingly).

I've mulled it over but I knew the answer before I even clicked on the thread.

I'm thinking about the 1995 Cup Final as a point of reference.

Everton winning that day was the lesser of two evils.

Everton I pity, laugh at, take the piss out of, dismiss as irrelivent, stick two fingers up at but have some good banter with my blue mates who are good lads.

Man Utd I fucking hate like I can't even put into words.

There you go, some will agree many others will disagree, each to their own.

I watched the match last night in the Black Horse on County Road and there were loads of blues in there who cheered when United scored and chanted Rooney's name, even though the Mancs hate them nearly as much as us.

There was a group of about 12 sat round a couple of tables who genuinely looked gutted at the end and one was sat with his head in hands. They despise us.

For that reason, it would be the Mancs every time for me.

If there was a not arsed option that would be mine. If I was really pushed though I would just about say Man United. I was only a kid back in 85 but I remember being happy United stopped an Everton treble and in 95 I wanted United to win because you could have argued Everton winning the FA Cup and staying up after looking buried in November before Royle took over was a bigger triumph and a better season for them than our 4th place finish and League Cup win.

I think someone said Everton are a small club earlier on this thread. They have a small club mentality in certain respects but historically they are a big club and in terms of silverware they are probably the 4th or 5th most successful club in England. No mean feat really.

Everton are a big club, they're bigger than City and Chelsea when you get down to it, when you throw dough in though they look small time.

Instead of looking at themselves they blame us for everything (well some do, the mongs)

I'd top myself if I had to pick, but in reality i'm stuck between wanting blue mates and relatives to be happy and the aspect of their support who I despise.