You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

http://radiomotherboard.vice-media.libsynpro.com/the-race-to-save-government-science-from-trump

Dozens of scientists working at schools like the University of Pennsylvania, Carnegie Mellon, the University of Toronto, and a handful of others are frantically working on a series of projects to preserve government science from alteration or deletion under the Donald Trump administration.

In this episode, we’ll be checking in with Nick Shapiro and Bethany Wiggin, who are organizing efforts to download and rehost vital climate change data before Trump takes office.

Read more at http://radiomotherboard.vice-media.libsynpro.com/the-race-to-save-government-science-from-trump#MKs76MuZQ3Rf2p3g.99

dear me, I'm sure when I catch up with the TV news later they'll fill me on on all the glorifying details. German radio news also mentioned that it was a tad religious, overtones of some sect leader trying to whip his followers into a frenzy.

What do Germans make of this evil shit

http://m.motherjones.com/environment/2017/01/monsanto-bayer-trump-antitrust

Guest Pistonbroke

Already signed an order scaling back Obamacare.

Also signed a waiver so James Mattis can serve as defence secretary despite not fulfilling the requirements of being being retired from the military more than 7 years. He also signed a proclamation declaring a national day of patriotism.  

Guest Pistonbroke

I like John Snow, one of the few lefties in main stream news. Michael Moore has to be reined in a bit, I like his enthusiasm to his cause, but he has a tendency to rattle on.

I agree, maybe old age with Snow but he buts in a lot more these days. Moore tends to rattle on but the points he makes are pretty spot on. 

Got to say I love watching these massive state occasions. No one does it as good as the British but the Yanks come a close second with their Presidential Inaugaration.

Im not one of these with a foot in the pro or anti Trump camp. Im not American and dont have a vote so whoever the American voters vote for, there's really not a lot I can do about it. I do find it mildly amusing many people on here slag Trump off for his 'sexist' comments especially when you consider we have a summer slags and tits thread on here what with all its mysoginy and destroying her back doors comments.

But it is what it is, we're blokes.

Going to be very interesting see how this all pans out. I also dont get all the indignation about Trump's election. Since year dot, professional politicians have ruled. Many complain about the royal fuck ups this has led to. Well, the US now has a nonpolitician businessman in charge. Will he do better or worse? Time will tell.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Don't hang around do they?

1. All references to climate change, LBGT rights and similar issues have been purged from the White House website, a pattern that is now echoing across other US Government websites.

2. Obama's cut in the fees mostly first-time and low income homebuyers have to pay for government-subidised mortgages has been reversed, immediately increasing potential purchasers' costs by hundreds of dollars.

3. The lawyer who has been defending North Carolina's anti-transgender"Bathroom Bill" in the federal courts has been named to lead the Department of Justice's Civil Rights Division.

4. In related news, the DOJ has signaled that it will be changing sides in pending litigation challenging Texas' Voter ID law, which the Obama Administration had been fighting.

5. A well known foe of net neutrality has been named to chair the Federal Communications Commission

6. Priebus, as Chief of Staff, claims to have issued an Executive Order "freezing all regulations". It isn't at all clear that he has the power to do this.

7. Trump has redecorated the Oval Office, installing gold curtains and couches, and unconfirmed chat he's removed the bust of Martin Luther King.

Got to say I love watching these massive state occasions. No one does it as good as the British but the Yanks come a close second with their Presidential Inaugaration.

Im not one of these with a foot in the pro or anti Trump camp. Im not American and dont have a vote so whoever the American voters vote for, there's really not a lot I can do about it. I do find it mildly amusing many people on here slag Trump off for his 'sexist' comments especially when you consider we have a summer slags and tits thread on here what with all its mysoginy and destroying her back doors comments.

Going to be very interesting see how this all pans out. I also dont get all the indignation about Trump's election. Since year dot, professional politicians have ruled. Many complain about the royal fuck ups this has led to. Well, the US now has a nonpolitician businessman in charge. Will he do better or worse? Time will tell.

I remember my first pint
  • Upvote 1

He is going to be a disaster for human civilisation. I'd rather that bin that looks like him be in charge.

I thought us British were retarded but America jesus christ you have just given the most responsible job on the planet to an ignorant narcissistic money worshipper. The whole world would be laughing at you if it weren't for the fact it's like giving your toddler a gun and then realising when he's pointing it at you that it's loaded and the safety is off.

• Upvote 2

Not sure if anyone on here has aspirations to be the President of the United States though.

• Upvote 3