You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

New HBO Series: Game of Thrones

Mr Nando

Deffo, he wasn't enjoying his BJ and now knows his own sister and lover is using him. She is after that throne and nothing will stand in her way. She's like a better looking Theresa May, she's a right fucking bitch. 

Fucking hell you have ruined it for me now, I wanted to ride her like a Blackpool donkey until I read that.. Twat

• Upvote 1

I don't think the casterly rock and high garden battles were skipped over because of cost, I reckon viewers would get bored pretty quickly of spending 20 minutes an episode just on battles, especially when they're pretty insignificant ones in the grand scheme.

Plus when it gets to the actual big battle, at either Dragonstone or kings landing or wherever it would feel pretty underwhelming.

Not even close.

That's what I thought, but then I watched it again. I'll tell you hwat, it's a brilliant episode; wordy and character driven, but the interactions between Jon Snore and Dani, Elaria and Cersei, and the final scene, were masterful when put into the context of the entire story. The power shift between Jon and to Dani was really special.

Can't believe how much high praise this episode had. I thought it was good but nowhere what people are praising it for.

Wish they'd shown us a bit of the battles ffs.

I think there's a lot of action to come. A lot of the fans like the show more for the politics, treachery, revenge, etc. Today had that in spades.

I can understand the frustration with not showing the battles, but I think they did a decent enough job considering. The Cersei dungeon scene and the final scene with Jamie were both superb.

Cersei is probably my favourite character at the moment, just great at being a psycho cunt in every scene. I don't even mind the Joffrey light haircut she seems to have adopted.

Thought the episode was brilliant myself. Dany's plan unraveling as quickly as it's been put together. I was actually wondering when the Iron Bank would show their faces. After lending Stannis so much to see him fall so readily it was always on the cards.

Euron grew on me this episode. He's a fun character. I wasn't too sure about him at first as it was a bit like "who the fuck are you?" but he's new and has shaken things up a bit. His interactions with Jamie were great.

Cersei showing a moment of weakness when she nearly broke in front of Ellaria Sand was very well done. I doubt we'll see Ellaria again now but just have the hanging knowledge she's living her life in torture.

Really liked the slow reveal as to where the Lannister army were marching on combined with the Unsullied being up shit creek. Know what people are saying about wanting the battles to have been shown more but I suspect in the grand scheme of this series these battles will not be missed.

Olenna Tyrell stealing the show as usual was a fitting end.

"What did he name it?"

"...the Widow's Wail"

"He really was a cunt wasn't he?"

Fantastic.

I don't see how the Unsullied are up shit creek mate? They've just been out-manouvered?

I don't see how the Unsullied are up shit creek mate? They've just been out-manouvered?

They're stuck there with no ships, no backup and the Greyjoy megafleet to chuck burning stuff at them, no way to get back to Dragonstone  Plus Jamie said they've left them no food or supplies so they're going to have to leave the castle at some point.  House Tyrell is no longer.  I'd say they're in trouble 

They're stuck there with no ships, no backup and the Greyjoy megafleet to chuck burning stuff at them, no way to get back to Dragonstone Plus Jamie said they've left them no food or supplies so they're going to have to leave the castle at some point. House Tyrell is no longer. I'd say they're in trouble

Unless three dragons fly to their rescue: "Game over man! Game over!"

Yep, you're never up shit creek if you've got three dragons.

Agreed. I'm not having Qyburn's massive crossbow either. As if. When they inevitably kill off one of the three with that ridiculous unwieldy contraption, it will do my fucking head in.
  • Upvote 1

Agreed. I'm not having Qyburn's massive crossbow either. As if. When they inevitably kill off one of the three with that ridiculous unwieldy contraption, it will do my fucking head in.

I agree. Imagine the kind of shot it would take to hit one if it was flying, so the only way they can "realistically" spear a dragon is when one is walking along the ground and that, in my head, seems ludicrous.

Cersei is probably my favourite character at the moment, just great at being a psycho cunt in every scene. I don't even mind the Joffrey light haircut she seems to have adopted.

Agreed. I've always loved Cersei because I've always loved Lena Headey, in fact as a non-book reader (at the time) she was the reason I tuned in from day one. So yeah I've always loved Cersei but never wanted her to win the game, until last night. She is magnificent.

I maybe over thinking this but did anyone else see the pile of scrolls that Sam has to copy and think, I bet there is going to be something useful in that lot. Been racking my brain as to what and going to throw it out there - it will be a declaration of marriage between Rhaegar and Lyanna and possibly even mention of a child. Yes Bran has had his vision but I just get this feeling they are going to produce some solid proof.