You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Great that we've not all gone on holiday, with our phones switched off, and we're on it like white on rice.

Although my knowledge of them is shadey, bringing in Henderson, Wickham and Jones would certainly make a statement of the club's eagerness to pursue upcoming British talent. Throw in Shelvey, Spearing, Wisdom, Coady, Robinson, Flannagan, Kelly, Sterling and Carroll and we could potentially have a very British spine in years to come. We just need to supplement that with some continental flair and pace which seems to be lacking in the current make up of the British player.

Henderson on the right then?

If we signed Adam as well then I could see him playing out there. Henderson right with Gerrard and Lucas central and then Downing on the left.

Would leave a question mark over Meirelles role though, maybe we'll play him as Suarez back up.

Henderson on the right then?

If we signed Adam as well then I could see him playing out there. Henderson right with Gerrard and Lucas central and then Downing on the left.

Would leave a question mark over Meirelles role though, maybe we'll play him as Suarez back up.

Ive been saying for week Meirles wont make the first 11 next season

I think that's a bad midfield CWD82, badly lacking creativity and no pace or trickery out wide. Essentially we'll still have the same old problems.

I don't think it will be 4-4-2, I think we'll go mainly 4-3-3. Or at least that's what i hope.

It has also gone very quiet on the defensive midfield front. I still think we need to upgrade on Lucas.

I think that's a bad midfield CWD82, badly lacking creativity and no pace or trickery out wide. Essentially we'll still have the same old problems.

I don't think it will be 4-4-2, I think we'll go mainly 4-3-3. Or at least that's what i hope.

It has also gone very quiet on the defensive midfield front. I still think we need to upgrade on Lucas.

Adam, Downing, Gerrard and Henderson lacks creativity?

Perkins, mypost or MongIslander?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Graham Hunter's just been on the radio to say that Liverpool ARE interested in Bojan + there's an interest in Espanyol's Osvaldo at €15m

Osvaldo is a player. Fucking hope that's true.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Ive been saying for week Meirles wont make the first 11 next season

He's one of our best players. He fits in with exactly the way Kenny will want the team to play.

Graham Hunter's just been on the radio to say that Liverpool ARE interested in Bojan + there's an interest in Espanyol's Osvaldo at €15m

Been impressed by osvaldo, he had a very good game at nou camp few weeks ago. Think it possible to get bojan on loan for season? More than likely Rossi will be goin to barca, bojan won't have a look in with villa messi pedro and Rossi.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Downing-Lucas-Gerrard-Henderson

That's not attractive at all. However, there's some level of creativity there. Can't see us playing a flat four though.

He's one of our best players. He fits in with exactly the way Kenny will want the team to play.

Not really true in that Kenny didnt trust him in CM and picking Spearing ahead of Meirles in that position tells you everything, if we buy another wide player then he will be a squad player however good a footballer he is or alternatively learns how to tackle and defend in the PL

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Not really true in that Kenny didnt trust him in CM and picking Spearing ahead of Meirles in that position tells you everything

He picked spearing to break up the play. Raul isn't a defensive midfielder, or anything close. He'll play a big part for us, just as he did last year by playing 41 games for us.

He's probably most suited to the quick, one-touch play we're after.

I really hope we dont go 4-4-2,everybody has 3 in the middle these days and you can easily get out muscled there,especially with the players we have.we can get alot of width from johnson/Kelly and whoever the new left back is

Id rather see

-----------------Lucas

-------Raul/Gerrard------Henderson

?------------------------------------?

-----------------Carroll

I really hope we dont go 4-4-2,everybody has 3 in the middle these days and you can easily get out muscled there,especially with the players we have.we can get alot of width from johnson/Kelly and whoever the new left back is

Id rather see

-----------------Lucas

-------Raul/Gerrard------Henderson

?------------------------------------?

-----------------Carroll

I reckon Suarez might get a game

I agree on not liking 4-4-2.

I've said before I expect kenny to try and recreate his 'dream team'. As daft as it sounds it was almost a lopsided 4-3-3. You had Barnes as an out and out winger on the left but a tucked in right mid in Houghton slightly further back.

Depending on players signed you could have Henderson or Adam on one side of the pitch (right or left respectively) and an out and out winger on the other.

It doesn't address my concern of getting over run in the middle but it's how I see us going.

I agree on not liking 4-4-2.

I've said before I expect kenny to try and recreate his 'dream team'. As daft as it sounds it was almost a lopsided 4-3-3. You had Barnes as an out and out winger on the left but a tucked in right mid in Houghton slightly further back.

Depending on players signed you could have Henderson or Adam on one side of the pitch (right or left respectively) and an out and out winger on the other.

It doesn't address my concern of getting over run in the middle but it's how I see us going.

It's a fluid system that could well work but for that you need the out and out winger to be someone like Barnes with pace and ability to take on a man, not someone like Downing who plays more like an extra midfielder really, I think that's the concern.

graham hunter is a fucking bellend. all he does is read the tabloids in Spain and shouts shit. he knows fuck all. I could do what he does if I lived in Spain.

You could do it from here mate.

Didn't he have to sell his gaff out there for finacial reasons and move back here?