You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NESV - bottom of the barrel?

Coro

The bold part has been true so far. They haven't yet invested a penny from their pockets and they have been saying that they will use the money the club generated. Fair enough, FFP doesn't allow excess spending but it does allow up to 45 million euros in equity injection from the owners- enough for us to get a couple of quality players.

Which is how it should be.

The key was getting the purchase debt off the club, now it is to increase revenue.

Bascially what they are trying to do is to run the club in a way that most 'normal' businesses are run....which sounds fair enough to me.

Whether that will be good enough to get us back to the top is another matter.

As for the e-mail, I am no legal expert, but if that is ALL they havre got, they seem to be sakting on very thin ice. 4 months since the takeover and this is the best they could come up with?

I am cautiously optimistic they will get what they deserve 9yet again) in court.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody who comes into buy a football club thinking they can take money out every year and build success is a fool, and these people don’t strike me as fools.

As has been mentioned the profits they will make will be accrued in the value of the club when they come to sell it.

They bought us for £300 million and this week there’s been rumours of Utd being sold for £1.6 billion.

They will see this as their way to make money. They bought us for a song and if they deliver on improving the squad and building a new stadium using stadium rights, mortgages etc then that’s where their “profit” will come from.

In effect they have put £300 million into an investment vehicle that they hope to turn into a £1 billion in a few years time.

Purslow is a cunt, but deserves much credit for his part in overseeing the departure of Twit & Twat. I'd still like to see him well away from any sort of involvement at management level (perhaps a free seat in the directors box).

As for NESV, I've been impressed so far. They've said and done the right things, and were clearly prepared to spend some money in January over and above the Torres fee. However, Johnny H is right to be cautious about them. Trust should be earned, and that takes time.

What I don't understand in all this mess is why the thick bastards think they have a case. When we were debating this stuff here and across the other LFC fourms the consensus view on what was going to happen was pretty much how things turned out. We were in a corner on our arse and the ref was starting the count and this is exactly where the cancers wanted us. The only bids were going to get were la-la land stuff and low bids reflecting the financial position. Their case looks like a powder puff construct.

What I don't understand in all this mess is why the thick bastards think they have a case. When we were debating this stuff here and across the other LFC fourms the consensus view on what was going to happen was pretty much how things turned out. We were in a corner on our arse and the ref was starting the count and this is exactly where the cancers wanted us. The only bids were going to get were la-la land stuff and low bids reflecting the financial position. Their case looks like a powder puff construct.

None of that will matter if the judge is in their pocket though. I suspect that may be the case but we will see.

Guest San Don

Fucking hell, I cant believe some posts in this thread, 'NESV havnt got loads of cash to spend' blah, blah, blah.

Are the people who are saying that the same ones who slag comerade ambramovich off for splashing his cash about at chelshit? Or do you want the new owners to load the club up with a shitload of debt so we can buy this, that and the other 'big' name?

NESV \ FSG have paid off the fucking debt. By my calculation that's over 200 million quid. What do you want, a debt free club (apart from a working debt of a couple of mill) or, 200+ mill debt and peanuts spent on players? If you favour the second option, you can forget about players like Suarez and Carroll?

All the fans I know are thankful the club is debt free and the money that was being wasted on financing the debt will instead be spent on players.

There are a couple of points in there that have been proven false, which shows how much Purslow knew at the time. Also the main points (that there were other bids on the table and that NESV didn't have the cash for a stadium) are pretty much invalid (no figs are mentioned and NESV said from day 1 they will look at whether a new stadium or a refurbished Anfield would be best first... besides by the time Bodger and Badger left people were starting to stay away anyway so it could be argued that a new stadium was not a necessity)

Did`nt that email say that NESV bid would only clear half the debt, so the final offer have obviously been improved from the offer Purslow is reacting to?

In fairness, if NESV had only bought half the debt, the club may still have been debt free.

RBS may have eventually decided to cut their loses and write the debt off for about half it's value.

Let's also remember that RBS DID write off the £60m in fees and penalties that H&G ran up, so NESV paid a lot less than £300m for the club in the end (I think anyway).

Saying a bid drastically undervalues the club, and saying that the company bidding are at the bottom of the barrel is two very different things.

Absolutely.

Many will argue this was Purslow yet again putting his interests ahead of the clubs.

Guest San Don
Heres a question.

NESV have paid off the debt but are we sure they haven't put the club owing them the 200ml thereafter?

essentially transferred the debt from the bank to NESV?

just as chelsea are in debt to abromobithchhsdh?

Well the money to buy the club and pay off the debt came from somewhere, whether that be NESV \ FSG's petty cash drawer or John W Henry's personal bank account.

So yes, the club is in debt to John W Henry (and Tom Werner plus any others who chipped in) but he's \ they are the owner.

If he uses his own wealth to buy players then yes, he'll be doing a commerade abramovich but he's said the club will only spend what it finances.

Dont have a problem with this approach.

After lying to and insulting the intelligence of supporters, after interfering in team matters, ignoring Dalglish, declaring NESV as 'bottom of the barrel' etc. he was still there fighting our corner :lol:

SOS don't make up the majority of supporters though do they? Or do they have another zillion members in the last week given their popularity?

Most people who aren't members of SOS couldn't give a fuck what happened between Purslow and SOS to be honest Coro or what he lied about to them.

Your an absolute twat lad.

Your mouthing off trying to be a patronising cunt to anyone even suggesting we should keep an eye on our new owners.

After everything that happened with the last crowd it would be the height of stupidity to blindly trust them. You tried to be a patronising cunt to Johnny when everything he said was fair as can be. Stop being a fucking twat.

I think I just about got the point you were trying to make over your bitching, it was that I'm a twat right?

Settle down fuckwitt and get back in your box. Oh and it's "you're".

Debt free club with only what we make (plus a bit more) being used to buy players. That means more concentration on youth and homegrown players getting a chance.

There's a bit of emphasis on homegrown talent now in today's game. In the future, though, I think there'll be far more emphasis on bringing English players through the ranks and having them in your squad.

The futures bright at Liverpool. And I'm glad I can say it after a long time.

I think I just about got the point you were trying to make over your bitching, it was that I'm a twat right?

Settle down fuckwitt and get back in your box. Oh and it's "you're".

haha still being a patronising cunt. No wonder people call you MongIslander you tit.

Heres the facts, you're trying to belittle people who are saying the very simple thing, "Lets all give NESV space and time but don't blindly follow them"

After the shite we went through with Cancer and Aids you must be a fucking twat of the highest order to try and patronise people who have genuine concerns.