You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

NESV - bottom of the barrel?

Coro

Purslow is a cunt, but deserves much credit for his part in overseeing the departure of Twit & Twat. I'd still like to see him well away from any sort of involvement at management level (perhaps a free seat in the directors box).

As for NESV, I've been impressed so far. They've said and done the right things, and were clearly prepared to spend some money in January over and above the Torres fee. However, Johnny H is right to be cautious about them. Trust should be earned, and that takes time.

The cunt was well paid for his time at Liverpool, he should be paying for a fucking ticket never mind freebie seats, bottom of the barrel was that cunt having playing footy manager at L4.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SOS don't make up the majority of supporters though do they? Or do they have another zillion members in the last week given their popularity?

Most people who aren't members of SOS couldn't give a fuck what happened between Purslow and SOS to be honest Coro or what he lied about to them.

I've got Coro on ignore but I saw his post because you quoted it. So now he's using the 'bottom of the barrel' quote to have a go at Purslow? Pathetic. He can't understand that the remark was in response to a bid which was about half of what they eventually paid? If Purslow had said it was a good bid, what would Coro have said then?

Fuck me, Purslow would have been hard pushed to insult SoS's intelligence. All credit to him.

Johnny we were buying Suarez and had bids in for Young and Adam before the rat said he wanted to go, kenny himself said they were dissapointed they didn't get more players in, I understand your concerns after the 3 years previous though

Anyone can spin it whatever way they want. The simple fact is that they didn't spend a single penny.

We can only judge NESV in the transfer market only after the summer, once they've actually spent some of their own money

haha still being a patronising cunt. No wonder people call you MongIslander you tit.

Heres the facts, you're trying to belittle people who are saying the very simple thing, "Lets all give NESV space and time but don't blindly follow them"

After the shite we went through with Cancer and Aids you must be a fucking twat of the highest order to try and patronise people who have genuine concerns.

For a start I'm not bothered about "MongIslander", it's just a testament to the lowest denominator on this site that they go for the most obvious insult. No credit should be given to the witty mastermind (NWT I believe) for "thinking" it up and less should be shown to those that constantly use it as they have nothing original to say themselve, be it in their insult or their post.

Johnny actual said:

They are hard-nosed multi-billionaire ruthless businessmen. They will find it very easy to pull the wool over any fans eyes about what their plans are and what they?ll spend and making us great again. I will not trust them until they have 100% shown themselves to be trust worthy. The last 2 ½ years are too fresh in the memory for me to bend over for another set of ?custodians? .

That is basically a character assassination which is unwarranted based on current events, if you can't see that then that's your problem, it only becomes my concern when you pull me up over my reaction to it because you clearly can't comprehend English.

Johnny isn't waiting for the scenario to play itself out, he's already appointed himself prosecution and is cross examining the witness, and this is before there is a case to answer to.

It's obvious why he is doing so, it's fear, but that doesn't make what he is saying any more justified.

These owners deserve the benefit of the doubt for their actions thus far. They've passed every "test" up to now that can be passed including an unexpected one in the Torres debarcle. I am thrilled to this point how they have handled themselves. They've said what needs to be said and done what needs to be done to this point and though more challenging test lie ahead, for now at least they have us on the right road.

That is how you give FSG time and space, you know, by actually giving them it.

As for being vigilant, by all means, we all are and should be but that's a completely different matter to calling out our up to this point excellent owners.

Next time you or anyone else comes shouting the odds, you might do well to read what is written before you defend it (in Johnny's case) or listen/read what has been said by the owners.

Far too many Don Quixote types on this site.

Anyone can spin it whatever way they want. The simple fact is that they didn't spend a single penny.

We can only judge NESV in the transfer market only after the summer, once they've actually spent some of their own money

Spin it??? What the fuck are you on? We made confirmed bids for Suarez and Adam before T***es said he wanted out, that's not spin that's fact.

And I'm adament we also made an inquiry for Young early in January.

Kenny said the owners were dissapointed we didn't bring in more players, us he just spinning to?

Spin it??? What the fuck are you on? We made confirmed bids for Suarez and Adam before T***es said he wanted out, that's not spin that's fact.

Kenny said the owners were dissapointed we didn't bring in more players, us he just spinning to?

I'm not on anything. I just don't trust them yet.

Swerve the facts lid, get a rope innit fella!

They should NOT spend their own money! Why is that so hard to understand? They have to run the club in such a way so that it generates enough money to invest. THAT is what they should be judged on. The manager and his assistants should then be judged HOW they spend that money.

The idea that theowners will dip into their personal fortune like they have at Chelsea or City is a joke and it will not happen. Never used to be that way until Jack Walker did it. Forget the idea of a suggar daddy.

For a start I'm not bothered about "MongIslander", it's just a testament to the lowest denominator on this site that they go for the most obvious insult. No credit should be given to the witty mastermind (NWT I believe) for "thinking" it up and less should be shown to those that constantly use it as they have nothing original to say themselve, be it in their insult or their post.

Johnny actual said:

That is basically a character assassination which is unwarranted based on current events, if you can't see that then that's your problem, it only becomes my concern when you pull me up over my reaction to it because you clearly can't comprehend English.

Johnny isn't waiting for the scenario to play itself out, he's already appointed himself prosecution and is cross examining the witness, and this is before there is a case to answer to.

It's obvious why he is doing so, it's fear, but that doesn't make what he is saying any more justified.

These owners deserve the benefit of the doubt for their actions thus far. They've passed every "test" up to now that can be passed including an unexpected one in the Torres debarcle. I am thrilled to this point how they have handled themselves. They've said what needs to be said and done what needs to be done to this point and though more challenging test lie ahead, for now at least they have us on the right road.

That is how you give FSG time and space, you know, by actually giving them it.

As for being vigilant, by all means, we all are and should be but that's a completely different matter to calling out our up to this point excellent owners.

Next time you or anyone else comes shouting the odds, you might do well to read what is written before you defend it (in Johnny's case) or listen/read what has been said by the owners.

Far too many Don Quixote types on this site.

Yeah great character assassination that is. Hes hardly gone to town on them now has he? Basically it doesn't matter what Johnny said, you came out with all this how dare you have a go at them bollox

"I find your lack of faith disturbing". Your continued calling out of these owners who have done nothing to warrant such disregard is not conducive for the plan to move forward. You sound like a heart broken teenager who is determined to never love again.

The last two and a half years act as a warning but as I've said those two should NEVER have been allowed near our club. It was blatently obvious that they weren't to be trusted and any American sports fan could (and in some of our cases did) tell you that.

You can't beat everyone with the same stick. I don't blame you for your fear, once bitten twice shy and all that but continually saying the owners are on a short leash serves no purpose.

As if Johhny was advocating burning them at the stake. Was he fuck. He was saying he won't trust them till they've proved themselves. Essentially hes saying we should all keep a close eye. Point out to me where hes tarred them with the same brush as Hicks and Gillette, hes said they are hard nosed ruthless businessmen not fucking 2 bit lbo merchants out to make a quick buck.

Anyway my original point was you were being a patronising cunt, what you wrote was exactly that.

It's the new yanks that this e-mail makes me more worried about. If Purslow had this view of them then, other then promises, what else could have changed to all of a sudden not make them a "bottom of the barrel" choice?

Alternatively what was he being offered/what was in it for him at that time if the deal didn't go through.

Cecil was only ever on one side and that was his own.

I’m pleased that they clearly re-invested the Torres money, but I hope we will have actual money to spend in the summer. Once bitten, twice shy. As they said, I’ll judge them on their actions. Let’s see if they spend.

Why does it matter whether they spend their own money or money the club generates as long as it's within our means and is spent wisely?

Why does it matter whether they spend their own money or money the club generates as long as it's within our means and is spent wisely?

I think I'd guess what everyone wants is to spend within our means. I remember someone saying if we hadn't been saddled with debt under the 2 cancers we'd of had at least 20 million to spend in each transfer window.

Thats all anyone wants. Is for money to be available to strengthen and money from player sales to not dissappear down the swanny.

They've already proven they'll reinvest player sales so all they have to do now is make sure we have 10-20 million on top of whatver players we have sold/will sell in the summer.

Thats all anyone wants I'd imagine. Basically for money that should be there, to actually be there.

Thats all anyone wants I'd imagine. Basically for money that should be there, to actually be there.

Not sure it is in all cases, there seems to be a feeling amongst some that unless an owner, any owner, is shelling out millions of their own money they aren't investing.

Who knows what FSG do, or what they have planned, we can only judge that when it happens but the principle of spending what you make is not a bad one and fits in with the new FFP rules.

Not sure it is in all cases, there seems to be a feeling amongst some that unless an owner, any owner, is shelling out millions of their own money they aren't investing.

Who knows what FSG do, or what they have planned, we can only judge that when it happens but the principle of spending what you make is not a bad one and fits in with the new FFP rules.

Well in my opinion, people expecting Sheik Mansour style spending are in the minority and obviously nuts. Most reasonable posters on here just want us to spend money that should be there. i.e our profits allocated to the Transfer Budget plus money from player sales.

Thats all they can do and thats fair in my opinion.

SOS don't make up the majority of supporters though do they? Or do they have another zillion members in the last week given their popularity?

Most people who aren't members of SOS couldn't give a fuck what happened between Purslow and SOS to be honest Coro or what he lied about to them.

Look at you, divisive as ever.

When Purslow lied about transfer funds he wasn't just whispering those porkies into the ears of union committee members. You see? Not hard to follow. You 'll defend him on every count because he sacked Rafa and Chrissy B is a Purslow fan, isn't he?

I've got Stringvest on ignore, the condescending fuckwit. The irony of him questioning the intelligence of others :lol:

Surely a man in Purslow's position should have been doing a bit more research before denouncing NESV's bid as 'bottom of the barrel' or Henry the hedge funder as a PR nightmare.

Piscinin? We may not be "in Shangri-La yet" as you succinctly put it yesterday re' the claims of around 40 million a year for us to spend. However - I seem to remember in a Newspaper Report last year (The Times? Or the Telegraph I think - Around May 2010) It was held that we had paid around 85 MILLION in debt since February 2007 when the two cowboys took over our club with their piratical, pillaging, debt-laden ways. That's 85 Million over Three Years which if divided into three gives the debt for each year as around 29 Million a year which whilst 11 million less than 40 million also fails to account for around the 10 million or so those two jokers removed in expenses per season if I remember rightly - Taken all together?

Well taken all together as total debt - THAT set of figures means we spent around 35 - 38 Million a SEASON on debt of one form or another and That means that yes, we could have Very close to around 40 million per season available -even in bad seasons like last year - provided we do reasonably each season and much, much more if we do Very well as we did 2 seasons ago. That is H & G's effect again, In forcing the sale of Alonso by denying Rafa' the funds/opportunity for Barry, swallowing up the proceeds of said sale AND sucking up the dividends we Should have banked for that season? Hicks and Gillette took away what SHOULD have been a secure financial platform for us for the following seasons.

We COULD have had that secure platform I mentioned in place to attack EVERY season from Summer 2009 onwards from and only Now are we beginning to repair the damage caused by that pair of utter sharks - THAT was the real crime of Hicks & Gillette and only now is the damage caused by Five inactive transfer windows and three and a half years under 'Them' beginning to properly reveal itself to it's Full, terrible extent. However - Whoever said earlier in this thread that we will have around 40 million a year available to repair that damage? Was nothing like so wide of the mark as you believe however. We will I believe once we are up and running again season in, season out have a total earning of not far short of that amount of 40 million available and ready to invest in the team each and every season and that's not counting money from player sales (again, sadly mislaid under H & G) and the occasional contribution from Fenway where required available as well.

Therefore, it would appear that we do indeed finally have funds of the sort NEEDED to repair the club over the long term available - And by repairing? I mean a PROPER rebuilding job - Not a quick fix provided by a passing Shiekh but the sort of long term, season on season building that built us to greatness Last time out (the team of the 60's, 70's, 80's and beginning of the 90's had it's origin SOMEwhere no? And if I'm not mistaken that origin was in the type of building job that Fenway want to do now first being carried out by Shanks waaay back at the start of the 60's). Such a building job worked rather well to not that far back for those down the M62 as I remember it also in the early 90's. Personally? I think all of this couldn't be more timely either. It's waaay past time we got on with that repair job and just as well we DO have such resources available now for the necessary building given the terrible storm that Hicks and Gillette have dragged our club through. Given the recent shenanigans at Court in London as well? I Don't think that little affair's QUITE over yet either......................

NB: I do not as an earlier poster put either believe that Hicks and Co' "have the judge in their pocket" - In Texas maybe but in England? In an ENGLISH Court that couldn't Wait to tan their backsides and kick them out on said rearends last time? I think not. I think they're in for a(nother) legal hiding and pronouncement that they are NOTHING more than venue shopping litigists out for a quick buck and what they can get when they have a chance and in This country's courts? That chance is less than nothing. Further to this regarding H & G? Nor I believe, will they be allowed to try the case anywhere else in my view since the OBJECT of the case (us) is based solely in England thus no other court can ever have jurisdiction over us because of that. In short I believe they'll be told to get lost and Stay gone at long last. It's about time those two had the Total defeat and utter humiliation they've been asking for for far to long now and it is I believe finally at hand.

Maybe I'll break out the popcorn and straw drinks now, roll my seat back, relax and watch the denouement with interest safe in the knowledge that this embarrassing pair of financial vampires have NOTHING more to do with the club I love and are getting their comeuppance - Not before time either - They've had this type of legal battering coming for a Loooong time and now it is finally to hand. Personally? I can't think of a single pair of jokers who deserve it more - Sit back with me fellow Reds - This could get rather bloody. Not that it's anything to do with us anymore - That just makes it all the more entertaining now that those two are GETTING the legal hiding they've so long deserved. Their nemesis is now at hand and didn't you just know that of ALL places - It would come in a Court Room? A fitting epitaph for a pair of complete and utter crooks........

Edited by Redshadow

I am pretty certain with the fair play rules they cant spend their own money, and I don't think they ever should use their own money. The question is about increasing revenue and spending all of it wisely.

Piscinin? We may not be "in Shangri-La yet" as you succinctly put it yesterday re' the claims of around 40 million a year for us to spend. However - I seem to remember in a Newspaper Report last year (The Times? Or the Telegraph I think - Around May 2010) It was held that we had paid around 85 MILLION in debt since February 2007 when the two cowboys took over our club with their piratical, pillaging, debt-laden ways. That's 85 Million over Three Years which if divided into three gives the debt for each year as around 29 Million a year which whilst 11 million less than 40 million also fails to account for around the 10 million or so those two jokers removed in expenses per season if I remember rightly - Taken all together?

Very true, but they did have to put 120m in to keep us afloat. As RF says until the accounts come out its difficult to piece it all together. There's no doubt we're in a better place, buts let's not base our expectations on having 40m of spare money lying around every season, because we don't. We'll be disappointed.

Looking to the Arsenal model makes more sense to me.

Look at you, divisive as ever.

When Purslow lied about transfer funds he wasn't just whispering those porkies into the ears of union committee members. You see? Not hard to follow. You 'll defend him on every count because he sacked Rafa and Chrissy B is a Purslow fan, isn't he?

I've got Stringvest on ignore, the condescending fuckwit. The irony of him questioning the intelligence of others :lol:

Surely a man in Purslow's position should have been doing a bit more research before denouncing NESV's bid as 'bottom of the barrel' or Henry the hedge funder as a PR nightmare.

We don't know at what stage this bid was made, I mean we know fuck all. It's the same thing with Purslow it's half truths. The Echo failed to report that he called the bid credible, and insinuated that it actually existed, unlike the China Buys Liverpool Bid.

Just like the time when he suposedly wripped down a mural of Rafa with the European Cup, it whipped the kids into a frenzy.

I don't doubt that Purslow made some awful, awful decisions at this football club. But people said that the ownership situation was BIGGER then Rafa, so if thats the case, why are people giving him shit, for sacking a divisive manager, a manager the current owners clearly didn't want (apart from Kenny Huang who was obviously the best bidder coz he loved Rafa and that like).

The simple fact of the matter is, we weren't wrong to sack Rafa, we were wrong to get Roy in. He was brought to settle the ship, he nearly sank it. He wasn't ever going to be manager of the club beyond the summer,

After 3 years of god awful management from top to bottom of this football club, we have owners with ambition, Kenny as manager and a future hopefully looking bright.

Things could have been a hell of a lot worse, and that is part in thanks to Purslow.

PS. Those giving Purslow shit about the £50 Million Release Clause with Torres, that might just end up being the best bit of business this club has ever done.