You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

Jesus. It wasn't that long ago that the top 2 or 3 in the form table had 5 wins in a row. With the next few on 4 wins and a draw, etc! So 3 wins and draw and a loss is enough for 2nd? Fuck me, we'll win this league if it's that shite!

It is entirely possible that I made it up though. There is that to be considered.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye we've signed a few "versatile" players in our time.

"Versatile" is agent speak. "Just like In Need of Modernisation:" is estate agent speak for,"In need of demolition."

If you listen to the papers, we are looking at some really good players, and some really shite players... I tell you which ones i think we are more likely to get, low confidence, low league stats, low budget and a low quality manager, not much to offer at the minute sadly.

Aye we've signed a few "versatile" players in our time.

"Versatile" is agent speak. "Just like In Need of Modernisation:" is estate agent speak for,"In need of demolition."

If you listen to the papers, we are looking at some really good players, and some really shite players... I tell you which ones i think we are more likely to get... We have low confidence, low league stats, low budget and a low quality manager, not much to offer at the minute sadly.

Henry, Werner & Co have all stated one thing repeatidly in all their various forms of communication to the clubs fanbase.

" We are here to win - the rest will take care of itself"

This implies investment and a significant amount of it in the playing squad but only for if they fit the clubs new template which I believe they are currently trying to define. Expect a major transformation in the summer with Jan an indicator if the opportunity becomes available.

Henry, Werner & Co have all stated one thing repeatidly in all their various forms of communication to the clubs fanbase.

This implies investment and a significant amount of it in the playing squad but only for if they fit the clubs new template which I believe they are currently trying to define. Expect a major transformation in the summer with Jan an indicator if the opportunity becomes available.

Hope your right mate.

How much is invested in playing staff is very important. Who is chosing the player more so.

How much is invested in playing staff is very important. Who is chosing the player more so.

Approx £30M + will be re-directed from the banks interest payments to be invested into the club for starters. If you then add any sales and initial capital investment from FSG then we may be talking a significant amount to transform the club's playing squad.

However as quoted by Henry & Camolli we will be looking for young players who are amongst the best in their positions for their respective age group.

Hazard, Payet, Matuidi, Sakho, M'Vila have all been linked and all fit in with the profile that has been communicated to date and all players that Camoli will know extremely well.

Approx £30M + will be re-directed from the banks interest payments to be invested into the club for starters. If you then add any sales and initial capital investment from FSG then we may be talking a significant amount to transform the club's playing squad.

However as quoted by Henry & Camolli we will be looking for young players who are amongst the best in their positions for their respective age group.

Hazard, Payet, Matuidi, Sakho, M'Vila have all been linked and all fit in with the profile that has been communicated to date and all players that Camoli will know extremely well.

I thnk you may be missing my point.

That's the key for me. Having money available to invest in the squad is important. If it's Hodgson spending it, you may as well piss it in the wind.

I am fairly sure Woy will not be signing any players without Camoli's authorisation as ultimately Camoli is responsible for player recruitment and Hodgson is responsible for getting the best out the players.

Currently they are playing nicely but lets not kid ourselves when a conflict develops who will have final say.

It seems Roy wants to sell Agger or maybe even loan him out in January.

Ronnie Whelan seems to think he's leaving too as Roy wants "a different type" of defender. The articel also states that Roy needs to trim the wages in order to bring in new players.

Don't know if it's all true, but think it could have legs.

The articel is in Danish, so I'll only put the link on here.

Agger færdig i Liverpool - Fodbold

Another type of defender? I don't understand?

The cynic in me says that Agger is a ball playing centre back, so what other type is Roy after……

The realist in me wonders does Roy mean he’d like a centre back who’s actually fit once in a while.

Whelan is quoted for saying the stuff about the different type of defender. It's not about injuries, but Whelan thinks it a shame that there isn't room for a defender with Aggers abilities going forward and being better on the ball. I take it Roy wants a big strong defender?

According to the articel Roy have told a few journalists (of the record) the story that he wants rid of Agger.

One would think this have something to do with the "falling out" stories after Agger criticised Roy's tactics. If it was only a question of Agger being to injured I don't think anyone could argue too much about that. Just seems to be more to it than that.

How do people feel about bringing Aquilani back? I personally think he is worth a shot. He was a cracking player a Roma, and is doing really well at Juve.

If it was me, i would bring him back in january, play him until end of season... If he keeps his Juve form then he can stay, flops we sell. But i think the lad deserve a second chance based on how he has turned his form around.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/11/25/liverpool-to-recall-aquilani-from-loan-in-january/

Liverpool are considering recalling Alberto Aquilani from his season-long loan to Juventus.

The Italian international has improved his form significantly since gaining regular first team football with the Turin giants, and has even returned to the national team fold.

He has developed a fine partnership with defensive midfielder Felipe Melo at Juve, and practically ran Juventus’ game against Genoa on Sunday with a constant delivery of excellent diagonal passes to the flanks from deep.

When Roy Hodgson let him go to Juventus, he stated that he wanted Aquilani to reach his potential, so he could be the player Liverpool watched before his injury trouble wrecked the beginning of his Anfield career.

“It would certainly be what he needs, it would certainly protect the value of the player and when he does return to Liverpool no doubt we will see the Aquilani that we signed before he came here injured last year,” said the Reds boss at the time.

Although the loan was set for the entire season, with the option for Juventus to buy for around £13m, Liverpool of course retain the option to keep the player – and it looks like they have elected to do so.

Many have felt that Aquilani has been unable to show his potential at Anfield just because he has never been given a proper chance by either Rafa Benitez or Roy Hodgson.

Finally he could be about to do so.