You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Anfield or New Anfield

Cherry Ghost

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolute nonsense. I've said it before but local lads really underestimate how big this club's fanbase is, we're one of the top 4 or 5 clubs IN THE WORLD in terms of fans.

If we make it easier to get tickets and Ryanair or Easyjet stick on more flights to the city then we'd fill 65,000 and still have demand for tickets. Your points about the ground previously holding 65k are spurious, that was in the days when it was impossible or extremely expensive to fly into the city, when rail services were far more expensive and far less frequent and when far fewer people had cars and the road networks were shite.

People always trot out the argument that we wouldn't fill it because we can't always fill Anfield at present but that's nonsense too because we cant' always fill it under current conditions. The tickets office is in the middle of a revamp and they're FINALLY sorting out the season ticket waiting list. We still have over 60,000 people on that list, even if only half take it up now it brings us to over 57,000 season tickets and there are loads who never bothered to join the waiting list because it was so long who'll take a season ticket if they're going (I'm one)

We'd fill Anfield every week, it may not be completely full of scousers but it'll be full.

I agree with this.

Actually having ticket availibility would increase the demand for tickets no end.

Yes there have been tickets availible this season for loads of games, but who actually knew about this and when did they become availible?

For the City game now you needed 11 games from last season to buy on the first day of the members sale and that when our season most likely already are over.

The demand is there, you just need to have enough vision and brave enough to take advantage of it.

It be easier for us oots to plan a trip if we knew there would be tickets available rather than the current situation of booking flights etc months in advance in the hope tickets might go on general sale for the game you want.

Flight packages? What about local kids in schools who cant get the match?

Surely they should be factored in to any general sale last minute thing.

Like Code says, its about being clever.

Don't you think that would be taken into account? We NEED the foreign match goers, as much as 'locals' dislike it.

Don't you think that would be taken into account? We NEED the foreign match goers, as much as 'locals' dislike it.

I know we need them Lance, i'd just like the balance re-dressed a bit.

People shouldnt be punished because they walk to and from the match and dont need to buy grub and drinks at the ground cos they've had them at home.

People shouldnt be punished because they walk to and from the match and dont need to buy grub and drinks at the ground cos they've had them at home.

I agree with this, but we need those people who spend the big bucks, unfortunately. Especially us.

They're not punished though are they? In fact locals get it easier than any OOTs or OOCs cos they don't have to pay travel costs.

Tickets are fucking expensive, that's what punishes kids from going to the game.

Otherwise tickets are available to season ticket holders, real red members or whatever that shit is called, then a few through travel agencies, then general sale to whoever can afford them.

I guess the only way it's ever going to be cheaper for local kids is if the owners take the view that developing a long term local fanbase is a worthwhile thing and set aside some cheaper tickets. It might just be for one off games like the Carling cup or the UEFA earlier this season though.

Build a gigantic vertical wall at one end. Cover it in the soft felt side of velcro. Then set up gigantic catapults on the pitch for a couple of hours before kick off and ping people wearing suits made out of the clingy side of velcro up onto the wall. I have had a long think about this and I genuinely can not see a single downside with this idea.

What if you have had a few pints before the match, and you need a piss at half time? Do you just go in your jeans like lifetime fan?

Photo of redeveloped anfeild at sports-stadia looks good people !!!!!!!

That new Anfield stadium design is horrible. What is that site though, its easy enough to just draw the picture but what about implementing them and the infrastructure for an extra 20+ thousand more people. The redeveloped ones look cool though but is that a 4 tier stand.

Why does seemingly every design I see that redevelops the stadium always include building on the Main Stand as opposed to knocking it down.

It's the oldest stand in the ground, it's cramped, it's cold, it's small and the facilities would make Everton Blush.