You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Purslow

PaulMcC

Guest ShoePiss
Lifetime Fan asked on the Kenny's book thread who was the ghost writer.

Didn't get an answer; does anyone know who helped pen this?

“I’ll help in any way I possibly can,” I told Christian. They drew up a list, asked me to come and meet the candidates and then let them decide who the manager should be.

In mid-June, I had to let them know my real views. I wanted the job. I couldn’t miss the opportunity.

One day, I was in a meeting with Christian and the chairman, Martin Broughton, and I formally put my name forward.

“We don’t want you, Kenny,” came the reply from Christian and the chairman. Fine. That’s their *prerogative. They explained they had different plans for me, a position with greater longevity.

Henry Winter.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest TK-421

Looks like Cecil's been busy:

Blame big-spender Rafa for Liverpool’s plight, not Hodgson | Football

simon.johnson.gif

By Simon Johnson, London Evening Standard ('s corrupted)

If Liverpool fans are looking for someone to blame for the club's current plight, they'd be wrong to single out Roy Hodgson.

Ignoring the furore surrounding the American owners, it is apparently manager Hodgson who is at fault for the club's points tally of six from their first seven games.

However, just one look at the club's transfer spending in recent seasons would be enough for anyone to realise Hodgson's predecessor, Rafa Benitez, is to blame for largely wasting £229million in his six years at Anfield.

While many supporters are already calling for Hodgson's head and demanding he be replaced with Kop idol Kenny Dalglish, the real culprit, Benitez, has escaped relatively unharmed.

The Spaniard may have been sacked in the summer but he walked into another job at the highest level within weeks, at European champions Inter Milan.

While he has been able to continue his career at the top, he left behind a Liverpool squad that are so mediocre it is no surprise they are struggling this season.

For all the complaints over the troubled running of the club by Tom Hicks and George Gillett, the red half of Merseyside appear to have turned a blind eye to Benitez's ability to waste funds.

There were some diamonds in the rough but for every Pepe Reina there was an Alberto Aquilani, Andrea Dossena and Albert Riera — the latter trio costing £35m and starting just 80 games between them.

They have moved on to pastures new but a lot of the dross Benitez signed are still there, including Fabio Aurelio, Lucas, Ryan Babel and the ridiculously priced £17m right-back Glen Johnson. Considering the fitness problems surrounding striker Fernando Torres, Benitez bizarrely allowed plenty of forward talent to leave under his command.

Craig Bellamy spent just one season there before being sold to West Ham and was Manchester City's best player last season.

Even more odd was the treatment of Peter Crouch, who is starring for Tottenham right now. He scored 40 goals in three seasons, even though he was often on the bench before being frozen out.

Then there was Robbie Keane, signed for £20.3m from Spurs in the summer of 2008 and sold back to them for £12m just five months later.

All three would be very handy to have at the club right now — they are certainly more useful to call upon than David Ngog when Torres inevitably limps off.

Still, Benitez is revered for having won the Champions League in 2005 and his sins are forgotten.

Now the fans want Dalglish to come to their rescue in the same blind manner that Newcastle supporters believed Kevin Keegan could revive their fortunes — but they are both yesterday's men.

Hodgson may have made some mistakes but the biggest ones were made by his predecessor and he deserves time and patience to put things right.

Dearest Stevie

I found a box of this paper at the back of a bureau so I must write to you as I am mourning for my lost innocence. It never looked like living. The doctors despaired of it from the start...

I am never quite alone. Members of my family keep turning up and collecting luggage and going away again, but the white raspberries are ripe.

I have a good mind not to take Cecil to Milan. I don't want him to meet a lot of horrid Spanish bears and pick up bad habits.

Love or what you will.

H.

Guest ShoePiss
Clive’s Blog | | www.footballcommentator.org

You never see Christian and Dr Octavius in the same room do you?

Honestly, isn't this "propaganda mastermind" business all just a tiny bit cracked?

Stump, were you joking or did Winter really 'help' with KD's new book?

From the King's mouth :- My thanks to Henry Winter, Football Correspondent of the Daily Telegraph, for recording my story.

It's in the acknowledgments section of his book.

From the King's mouth :- My thanks to Henry Winter, Football Correspondent of the Daily Telegraph, for recording my story.

It's in the acknowledgments section of his book.

Cheers. Knew he did the autobiography.

Now that's just plain weird if Winter really did think he could palm all this off on Broughton when a couple of months ago Kenny told him this for the book.

These propaganda tools don't work.

As long as Purslow and Broughton keep blocking Hicks refinancing of the club then they are doing something right.

As employees they are legally bound to work in the interests of the club.

Hicks and Gillett being the 2 main shareholders, they are the club, are they not?

Purslow keeps telling us lies and Broughton has been telling us lies.

The sales process is a joke as proven by the leaked document shown to the union.

Broughton's doing a favour for his mate Klein who is doing for his mates Hicks and Gillett and Hicks is doing a favour for his mate Purslow and so on and so forth.

Why people continue to hand over their trust to these bankers and businessmen after 3 years and all the lies is beyond me.

I was slagged off when i first came on here and said i had it on good information that Purslow was not as bad as hes been painted,hes no saint and will probably make money out of the takeover,like Broughton and Ayres im guessing but hes come through in the end by voting against the yanks and approving a decent bid for the club.

He made mistakes but i think him and Broughton and Ayres have done a good thing.

As employees they are legally bound to work in the interests of the club.

Hicks and Gillett being the 2 main shareholders, they are the club, are they not?

Purslow keeps telling us lies and Broughton has been telling us lies.

The sales process is a joke as proven by the leaked document shown to the union.

Broughton's doing a favour for his mate Klein who is doing for his mates Hicks and Gillett and Hicks is doing a favour for his mate Purslow and so on and so forth.

Why people continue to hand over their trust to these bankers and businessmen after 3 years and all the lies is beyond me.

Nail on head C..

I was slagged off when i first came on here and said i had it on good information that Purslow was not as bad as hes been painted,hes no saint and will probably make money out of the takeover,like Broughton and Ayres im guessing but hes come through in the end by voting against the yanks and approving a decent bid for the club.

He made mistakes but i think him and Broughton and Ayres have done a good thing.

He "sacked" Rafa.

That explains 95% of the criticism.

Does that explain your reasons to back Purslow then?

Please, enough with this shite about the ex manager.

Well someone has portrayed Purslow as someone who only thinks about himself and could not care less about the club even if he is a former season ticket holder.

Some of us have been able to look at things objectively while others have obviously got clouded their views because Purslow was doing bad things to poor Rafa.

For those of us who has tried to question the one claim wilder than the other when it comes to Purslow, well I think its fair play to point this out so some people migth think twice next time.

Well someone has portrayed Purslow as someone who only thinks about himself and could not care less about the club even if he is a former season ticket holder.

Some of us have been able to look at things objectively while others have obviously got clouded their views because Purslow was doing bad things to poor Rafa.

For those of us who has tried to question the one claim wilder than the other when it comes to Purslow, well I think its fair play to point this out so some people migth think twice next time.

Did you counter the fact that Purslow's equity firm sold a plastics company to Hicks for a knock down price in 2008 and then Purslow found himself on the board of LFC a year later?

Were you not concerned about him blatantly lying about the transfer funds?

Looked at all that objectively, did you?

I suppose it didn't concern you either the way he tried to undermine the supporters union.

Something about Rafa blah blah zzzzzzzzzzzzz...............

Coro. Purslow is saving the club, but don't forget he is that nasty man who saw right through the god Benitez and sacked him.

I'm glad I like Purslow. Decent chap Christian.

hahahaa cheers for that.

You're not a son of a striker then?