You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

How do you like your Steak cooked?  

162 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like your Steak cooked?

your right most places have no idea how to cook steak.

Proper griddle red hot add decent oil . Score the fat and cook that on its side then lay it down 3 mins each side.

So fucking easy when you get the griddle hot enough.

Thats now i like my rib eye cooked

How fucking thick is your steak?

Where is the raw option? I fucking love steak tartare.

I'll be eating a load of it this year on my way around France

It's very good. Especially with a nice plump raw egg yolk on top.

But, even though it's called it, I don't consider it "steak".

It's an altogether different experience, I think.

The best steak I've ever had was in Krakow, cant rememeber the name of the restaurant, but I think it was recommended by Michelin or something like that.

It felt like the meat was melting in my mouth when I ate it, it was just awesome.

The best steak I've ever had was in Krakow, cant rememeber the name of the restaurant, but I think it was recommended by Michelin or something like that.

It felt like the meat was melting in my mouth when I ate it, it was just awesome.

that's how fillet steak should be everytime.

i had fillet steak tonight heavily peppered, almost a crust on it with duchess potatoes and green beans. was fucking lush. on my 2nd bottle of red wine now about to finish the feast but some Stilton and crackers

that's how fillet steak should be everytime.

i had fillet steak tonight heavily peppered' date=' almost a crust on it with duchess potatoes and green beans. was fucking lush. on my 2nd bottle of red wine now about to finish the feast but some Stilton and crackers[/quote']

Duchess potatoes with steak will never do

Wagyu Frode?

I dont know mate.

We were really pissed at the time we got there as we had been on the ale/vodka all day, we had two chefs in our company and it was one of them who knew about this place.

He had been to buy a new suit earlier in the day he was going to wear when we went there, but when we finally got our table he was so pissed he only manged the starter before he for some reason decided he was going home.

The three of us left out of a total of six decided to share his plate between us, thats how good it was.

Not sure the restaurant staff was too impressed with us though, but I guess they saw what was coming as we had got our own small room down in the catacomb.

totally disagree. love the fluffy centre and crusty exterior. just needs a nice thick red wine sauce from the grill pan to drizzle over it. fucking marvelous.

If you need this, you're serving your steak wrong. All sauces should be additiona or seasoning, and not part of the cooking process or you are simply masking issues in either the quality of the meat or the cooking process

He is talking about his feminine taters.

nothing feminine about duchess spuds. don't do them often but they are lovely when accompanying a nice piece of meat and veg. a delicate spub for a delicate piece of beef.

slow cooked beef works better with mash or roasted spuds. sweet potato mash is lovely with a piece of 8hr slow cooked beef. nice cheap cut of meat fucking fantastic.

nothing feminine about duchess spuds. don't do them often but they are lovely when accompanying a nice piece of meat and veg. a delicate spub for a delicate piece of beef.

slow cooked beef works better with mash or roasted spuds. sweet potato mash is lovely with a piece of 8hr slow cooked beef. nice cheap cut of meat fucking fantastic.

This is not steak, fuck off with your slow-cooked (over-cooked) braising steak nonsense