You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The wit and wisdom of Woy

JER

" Who are you? Franz Beckenbauer? Get the ball up to the big man (Kovacs) and let him deal with it"

"I should have been in Monaco smoking my fucking cigar. Instead I find myself here with you guys. Fighting the elements for pocket-money"

" He had it coming. He was all over you like a cheap suit"

" I made this exersice yeasterday in hope that we could improve. But I forgot I am in charge of a pub-team. "

" There are three categories of players. The first one are top class. You admire them. They will win you trofees. In the middle you find normal players. Sometimes good, sometimes bad. In the last categorie you find players you really dislike. They are shit and dont give you anything. And Bjørn Berland, you are in the last categorie."

"I am really happy that you joined the training session. First of all you seem like a decent player. But most important, today I was not the fatest one on the training sfield." (Til juniorspiller Trygve Aase Lunde som deltok på A-treningen)

" I couldn´t care less about that Mickey Mouse tournament"

"All you get from young players is relegation"

"Don´t ever consider your self as a playmaker. Hold the ball. Look up and play simple"

" I will give you a choice. I think its a easy one. In the future you can choose between talking with me or that fat bastard over there"

" Are you drunk? I really hope so. Because thats the only excuse for your passing today".

Blogger |  Roy Hodgson er ufattelig morsom |  TV 2 Sporten

I was thinking that.

Saying that though, neither was Bob Paisley and he did alright. And that old pisshead down the M62 isnt exactly Chaucer is he, and he's done alright.

Everyone talks about Bob's ability to spot a player from the way he ran, the drunk rules by fear, Roy blends nicely into the background in an inoffensive nondescript fashion.

He will provide the media with ammunition against us, when we thankfully release him next summer.

I imagine, if Larry Lloyd had managed to hold a pen long enough, he could have compiled a list that would have made Shanks sound similar. Poor old Roy, the honeymoon period is well and truly over and the season hasn't started. 'YNWA' - what a joke.

True, but after a long career in management, the opposite must be true, surely? Somewhere there is a list of comments that present Roy in a good light?

I am really biased here though. I thought we fucked up naming him manager, I was disgusted with the position of weakness he displayed with Torres when compared to other managers and things like this just confirm my suspicions that he doesn't have the personality for the job.

I also think the fact he's the current boards appointment are clouding my biases.

It's hardly a secret that Hodgson has been known for boring, mechanical yet effective football throughout his career. What will be interesting is if he is able to adapt his approach to a top club with top players. It was made very clear towards the end of Rafa's tenure that style of football served up is an important factor when judging a manager, and there's nothing wrong with that btw. Watching us last season was pretty much like having my testicles removed with a toothpick.

Was Shanks's Huddersfield nice to watch? I don't know, I'm just tired already of this biased argument. Hodgson needs to be judged now, managing these players at this club, not immediately condemned because fecking Fulham didn't play like LFC did during the era of Dalglish and Co. Just give the man a tiny, tiny, bit of slack!

i quite like some of those comments/put downs to the players - any one who has done any coaching knows a bit of wit gets through to people quicker than using the same old phrases over and over.

clearly coaching viking however long ago is totally different and i doubt his first training session was used to tell agger to hoof it up to torres double quick evry time!

True, but after a long career in management, the opposite must be true, surely? Somewhere there is a list of comments that present Roy in a good light?

I am really biased here though. I thought we fucked up naming him manager, I was disgusted with the position of weakness he displayed with Torres when compared to other managers and things like this just confirm my suspicions that he doesn't have the personality for the job.

I also think the fact he's the current boards appointment are clouding my biases.

I think you are completely wrong Horus. I think bias or not, your judgement is poor.

I think you are completely wrong Horus. I think bias or not, your judgement is poor.

Got anything to back that up? I've explained why I think he's a bad appointment, any chance of an explanation as to why you think my judgment is poor? I'm not saying you're wrong, just saying you need to back it up.

Well it's certainly better than "FACT"

I thought Rafa needed to leave and was happy he did, but there is nothing in that list that is the same kwality of Rafa's "fact" rant. If the drunk had come out with that against some other club, the media would have been hanging off his words. Rafa was 100% spot on with what he said.

Hope he doesn't hold back the younger players too much.

Hodgson is the perfect replacement for Rafa you know.

I mean Rafa never gave the youngsters a chance, a positive statement like that from Roy obviously proves he will play the youngsters a lot and give them experience.

Rafa's football was too negative for us so Roy is perfect because he was praised for his organised defending and got 5 0-0 draws while managing Finland.

Also Rafa's away record was apparently terrible so Hodgson is perfect because he got 1 away win last season.

Is good, no?

I thought Rafa needed to leave and was happy he did, but there is nothing in that list that is the same kwality of Rafa's "fact" rant. If the drunk had come out with that against some other club, the media would have been hanging off his words. Rafa was 100% spot on with what he said.

Nah.

It was totally pointless and he embarrassed himself and the club.