You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Hodgson on Torres

Kopite Pete

At the end of the day there's nothing the club can do to stop Torres and Masch leaving, if they want out, the want, last thing you want is having players here under a new regime that don't want to be here, and in Masch's case "really" don't want to be here.

Masch can go ad i hope he does, we'll do alright with his deal and a replacement i reckon in that respect but i'll be gutted if Torres goes, what the fuck can ya do sure. If Torres can leave his home town club, well then he can leave Liverpool easily enough too. Hope he stays but if he goes i hope its done sooner rather than later, its not a good thing trawling the end of the barrel lookin for a replacement at the latter part of the transfer window when most top players are nailed down,same goes for Masch but i think his deal will go through soon enough.

At the end of the day there's nothing the club can do to stop Torres and Masch leaving, if they want out, the want, last thing you want is having players here under a new regime that don't want to be here, and in Masch's case "really" don't want to be here.

Masch can go ad i hope he does, we'll do alright with his deal and a replacement i reckon in that respect but i'll be gutted if Torres goes, what the fuck can ya do sure. If Torres can leave his home town club, well then he can leave Liverpool easily enough too. Hope he stays but if he goes i hope its done sooner rather than later, its not a good thing trawling the end of the barrel lookin for a replacement at the latter part of the transfer window when most top players are nailed down,same goes for Masch but i think his deal will go through soon enough.

Thank fuck for you, think I'd be lost without you on here.

Just call me Bo-peep ;)

Agree though on the Masch situation. Fuck him off to whoever is willing to pay enough for him, because he's (agent?) treating us with serious disrespect considering we rescued his career. I'd sooner have Speo in the mid who may not be as good but who'll want to be there and do his utmost for the team, than someone who's prostituting himself for the last 2 seasons.

Same applies to Torres if he's planning anything similar.

Agree though on the Masch situation. Fuck him off to whoever is willing to pay enough for him, because he's (agent?) treating us with serious disrespect considering we rescued his career. I'd sooner have Speo in the mid who may not be as good but who'll want to be there and do his utmost for the team, than someone who's prostituting himself for the last 2 seasons.

Same applies to Torres if he's planning anything similar.

Yeah definitely mate, its a real kick in the balls to watch a LFC player whore himself around at every single transfer window, kind of a kick in the balls and lack of respect for the club and every supporter that cheers his name every week,ultimate sign of disrespect angling for a move at every chance. Its fucking boring at this stage, i have a felling too we're going to get royally screwed on the transfer, hope i'm wrong.

Be devastated about Torres but sure the sooner the better we can sort transfer out and bed new players bedded in and get that continuity back that we were sorely missing last season.

Still lot of question marks though keeping us on our toes anyways :)

Arsenal get the same shite we do (Anelka, Petit, Overmars, Henry, Vieira, Fabregas). It's best to just follow their example and let the contract dictate. When Torres has 2-3 years left, line up a replacement and sell him when it suits the club. Unless we receive an offer of £70m as we'd be daft not to cash in and rebuild.

Course there is they are under contract.

Torres can say what he wants but he still has 3 years left on his contract whereas Mascherano has 2.

For either of them to leave its because the club has taken the decision to sell them.

Ronaldo wanted to leave Man United the year before he actually left and the mancs didn't do too bad out of that deal.

This has not wavered my view in the slightest, I think he's staying. He's crocked at the moment and the last thing he needs is the extra pressure of starting at a new club. Doesn't anyone else think that his 'beef' might be with the way the club is being run? Reina has had a pop at the boardroom, maybe Torres is of the same mind and is doing his best to make clear that if they don't get it sorted then he is off.

Course there is they are under contract.

Torres can say what he wants but he still has 3 years left on his contract whereas Mascherano has 2.

For either of them to leave its because the club has taken the decision to sell them.

Ronaldo wanted to leave Man United the year before he actually left and the mancs didn't do too bad out of that deal.

As i said afterwards mate the last thing we want under our fresh regime is 2 players that don't really want to be here it just wouldn't good for the team. We need players who want to be here and want to playing for our club and don't have one leg out the door.

This has not wavered my view in the slightest, I think he's staying. He's crocked at the moment and the last thing he needs is the extra pressure of starting at a new club. Doesn't anyone else think that his 'beef' might be with the way the club is being run? Reina has had a pop at the boardroom, maybe Torres is of the same mind and is doing his best to make clear that if they don't get it sorted then he is off.
Think your spot on mate, i'm sure Torres is asking what the fuck is going on financially and which direction the club is going in, very reasonable asks IMO.

He said as much.

I am sure Nando felt as we did that we were on the brink of big things at the end of the season before last & was given indications from the club that we would build on that.

He's a very intelligent boy & has now seen us in net-profit for 3/4 transfer periods & with not having the moral blackmail that Stevie being a scouser has, he can take a step backward & see he could quite feasibly be 28 and crocked & never having won a club trophy if he is bullshitted by the suits again.

In these circumstances you can expect him to be a bit circumspect.

My hope is that Nando wants to stay but keeps the pressure on the board , insists on knowing exactly what is going on & is our best weapon in keeping the owners spending in the spotlight.

If he decides to go however he owes us the courtesy of letting us know asap as we cant afford a Xabi-type situation again this season.

I am sure Nando felt as we did that we were on the brink of big things at the end of the season before last & was given indications from the club that we would build on that.

He's a very intelligent boy & has now seen us in net-profit for 3/4 transfer periods & with not having the moral blackmail that Stevie being a scouser has, he can take a step backward & see he could quite feasibly be 28 and crocked & never having won a club trophy if he is bullshitted by the suits again.

My hope is that Nando wants to stay but keeps the pressure on the board , insists on knowing exactly what is going on & is our best weapon in keeping the owners spending in the spotlight.

If he decides to go however he owes us the courtesy of letting us know asap as we cant afford a Xabi-type situation again this season.

Spot on mate.

He's only been out of contact with Hodgson for 2 fucking days. He's not going to be talking to him every fucking hr whilst he's on holiday.

Torres is thinking on it and dont blame him and he's met the manager and if he knew he was leaving he would have told Hogdson when he met him. It's different to Masch who seems to not want to be contacted and his intentions to leave us are quite easy to interpret.

Also, these players must remember it was primarily there fault where we finished. They need to show some fucking professional pride, and get us out of our current predicament rather than jumping ship.

Don't get me wrong, I love Torres in our shirt and nothing would make me happier than if he decides to stay with us but in all honesty I'm starting to get a bit fucked off with his stand-offishness. Commit to the club or go, Nando, stop arsing about. If he goes and goes soon it'll give us a shit load of cash to find a replacement or two. I just don't like this holding the club to ransome business.

Nobody but nobody is bigger than Liverpool Football Club. "Player power" gets right on my fucking tits.

Has he? I know Roy said that Nando's issue was with the club and not him. But I haven't seen anything from the man himself.

He said it a few months ago. He said not being in CL wasn't a big deal as long as the club tried to improve by spending a bit of cash on a few top players.