You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa 99% certain to leave after pay-off agreed

ReddOrDedd

Guest ShoePiss
This is, of course, your opinion. And it's wrong.

Now shush.

Hello HornsOfJericho, what name did you post as on here before becoming the current fuckwit character?

• Replies 925
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I have severe misgivings about the internal machinations at the club. As I've said, I'd like to see Roy Hodgson take the reins. Pellegrini, I could live with. FWIW, I think Kenny would be a disaster.

Dalglish would offer hope because of his dedication and the fact he has what's best for the club at heart.

Pelligrini succeeded in unifying a huge bunch of egos at a horrible football club where the coach is forever undermined whilst taking them so close to a title playing decent football. He's taken a minnow like Villarreal to the semi's of the European Cup. He knows how to work in difficult circumstances, he's a footballing man with great dignity and humility but maybe too much pride to be working for the likes of Hicks and Gillett.

You just dont get it do you.

As much as I want him out,this is the owners and the board forcing him out.

Which means no one to stop the sale of players.

Sell the players,lowers the debt,lowering the debt,the owners stay.

They will get a yes man in as manager.

Nando,Mascher and maybe Gerrard sold.

The owners stay on knowing it wont matter how shit we become,they will still get millions coming into the club,because of the fanbase we have.

The owners win win situation.

What money? They aren't getting fuck all if they keep hold of a debt ridden club for the next 5 years. Especially if they sell all the best players.

I'm amazed at how many people seem to know exactly what's going on with our club. From who said what, to who's owed how much, even down to their fucking body language.

Either most are just making it up as they go along, or far too many people who should know better have been babbling.

Do a search of Dalglish. It's all here :)

Guest ShoePiss
Shush.

No, I'd really like to know. Right now I think you're a cunt but knowing your previous incarnation may change that.

Do a search of Dalglish. It's all here :)

Well, all I'll say to this is if I believed everything I read on here, we'd either be relegated or have won the treble every season for the last 3 seasons.

So I think I'll just wait and see what happens.

*rubs hands in anticipation*

What money? They aren't getting fuck all if they keep hold of a debt ridden club for the next 5 years. Especially if they sell all the best players.

The selling of the top players will slash the debt owed to the bank.

That means less interest to pay,except on the loan of the owners.

Liverpool is one of the top brands worldwide.

That fanbase spends millions on the Liverpool brand.

That easier for you to understand?

Dalglish would offer hope because of his dedication and the fact he has what's best for the club at heart.

Pelligrini succeeded in unifying a huge bunch of egos at a horrible football club where the coach is forever undermined whilst taking them so close to a title playing decent football. He's taken a minnow like Villarreal to the semi's of the European Cup. He knows how to work in difficult circumstances, he's a footballing man with great dignity and humility but maybe too much pride to be working for the likes of Hicks and Gillett.

I still disagree about Dalglish. He was one of my boyhood heroes, but, despite the (ancient) BR success, he's just not the man to take us forward IMHO.

I agree with you about Pellegrini, and suspect he wouldn't take this job, although I do think you should learn to spell his name correctly.

(It'll be Roy, by the way.)

Rafa has brought this Club to 2 CL finals and won 1 as well as other trophies he has produced the clubs highest ever points total in the Prem and all with a team that is believed by many to be both below the standard of the other big 4 teams and if you believe some the poorest Liverpool team for a long time

now the should he go should he stay argument isnt what this is about its about whether we allow people who are raping are club to destroy the only person who stood in there way and wouldnt tow the party line while they fucked up this once noble club

I have heard people say that he only spoke out to save himself my point of view is it doesnt matter what his reasons were it matters that he did if these people succeed in getting in a yes man you wont have a fucking clue untill its to late to do anything about it when everything is gone

I believe Rafa got this club back competing again with the best clubs in Europe and always tried to bring in the best players he could with the money he had available it might be he has taken the club as far as he could but again that isnt the issue here

These people say they will sell the club but that is like me saying i will sell a 2 up 2 down

in Gramby street for £2m who the fuck would buy it at that price it is just like saying its not for sale but by saying it is it makes loads of people a bit happier so i say it is for sale

The desicion on the next manager should be taken only when the sale of this club has gone through and new owners are in place not before i am sure that if the new owners wanted to bring in there own man then a similar deal to this one talked about tonight could be agreed between both parties but for the one man to stand up to these owners at the club to be driven away from the club before these two owners is not right and needs to be fought against by all regardless of what they think of the managers ability to lead the team he has to see these owners gone in my view and for those who wanted him gone and are happy with this tonight be careful what you wish for because a team managed by anyone that doesnt have Gerrard Torres or Masch in it isnt going to place higher than last seasons team believe me regardless of replacements brought in

In your scenario that they are going to sell all our best players without replacing them the "brand" would take a massive plummet though. I think they're looking for a profitable sale, not to destroy the value of their asset and make it considerably less attractive to potential buyers.

The only thing it will slash is the selling price when they come to sell LiverpoolFC over the next year. The interest payments mean fuck all to them now they are wanting out.

It makes sense to keep hold of the players more than the manager from their point of view if they are looking to sell.

No it doesnt mate what it means is that any money raised from players sales can go straight into the pockets of GG&TH meaning that they can then afford to lower the price of the club the debt size will stay the same untill the club is sold you dont leverage in order to then reduce the debt with capital that you generate from selling assets that is creamed off the top the same way the Alonso money went

I agree with you about Pellegrini, and suspect he wouldn't take this job, although I do think you should learn to spell his name correctly.

I really don't know why i keep spelling his name like that. It's like a tic i've inherited. Will correct in time for his arrival.

Someone mentioned Van Gaal tonight but i think that is whispers being put out by people at the club.

A club constantly in the Champions League gets more revenue through TV, gates and sponsorship. Therefore will be worth more than one pissing about in the Europa cup. The owners "plan" was surely to pile debt on the club, nick money through the club "borrowing" money from them, whilst doing just enough to stay in the top four, for the revenue and future sale value.

Still think people (that includes you HornsofJericho) repeating the line about it was the manager or the top players are barking up the wrong tree, though.

In your scenario that they are going to sell all our best players without replacing them the "brand" would take a massive plummet though. I think they're looking for a profitable sale, not to destroy the value of their asset and make it considerably less attractive to potential buyers.

They have given us a rolling loan,which goes up 10 per cent a year.

That loan is money they recieve,at the moment around £173 million.

They can call that loan in at any time.

If they stay even another year that loan will be around £200 million.

Dosen't matter what happens with the club,that loan gets paid off.

I really don't know why i keep spelling his name like that. It's like a tic i've inherited. Will correct in time for his arrival.

Someone mentioned Van Gaal tonight but i think that is whispers being put out by people at the club.

No matter, wouldn't say no to either of them. Now, really must sleeeeeeeeeeeep - 4 hours till work. Peace.

They have given us a rolling loan,which goes up 10 per cent a year.

That loan is money they recieve,at the moment around £173 million.

They can call that loan in at any time.

If they stay even another year that loan will be around £200 million.

Dosen't matter what happens with the club,that loan gets paid off.

That's pretty counter-factual both in terms of numbers and what would happen if they called that debt in when we can't pay it, but I'm gonna have to get some kip really at this point. Night night.

No it doesnt mate what it means is that any money raised from players sales can go straight into the pockets of GG&TH meaning that they can then afford to lower the price of the club the debt size will stay the same untill the club is sold you dont leverage in order to then reduce the debt with capital that you generate from selling assets that is creamed off the top the same way the Alonso money went

That scenario stopped the moment they put us up for sale Bob.

The bank will take any player sale monies to reduce the debt.

Great to see you back as well mate.

That's pretty counter-factual both in terms of numbers and what would happen if they called that debt in when we can't pay it, but I'm gonna have to get some kip really at this point. Night night.

If they called it in,we would go into admin,but they wont do that.

They will hang on as long as possable,pushing that loan figure up.

Then when either a buyer or the bank sell us,they will call that loan in straight away.

If they called it in,we would go into admin,but they wont do that.

They will hang on as long as possable,pushing that loan figure up.

Then when either a buyer or the bank sell us,they will call that loan in straight away.

But the higher the debt, including the loan to Kop Holdings, or Kop Cayman, the lower the value of the club.

I don't mind that there's a Rafa love-in on RAWK but what disgusts me is some of them going on about how Rafa should try and get as much as he can. You're basically telling someone who is now an ex-employee of the club you support to take as much money out of it as you can. It's Rafa FC on there. Disgusting.

IF this all goes through then thanks for the good times Rafa. I would have liked to have seen how you would have got on with good owners. Best of luck.

As for LFC, if new owners are imminent and this is being done in their stead, great news. If, as is more likely, it is happening because the club is stuck and needs to make the change, I'm wary. Could go either way.

Probably be Kenny/Sammy to tide us over until club sold (assuming that really is months). If sale nowhere near, then Pellegrini, Hodgson, Hughes will all likely be in the frame, and I'm not overly enamoured with any of them.

Guest ShoePiss
IF this all goes through then thanks for the good times Rafa. I would have liked to have seen how you would have got on with good owners. Best of luck.

As for LFC, if new owners are imminent and this is being done in their stead, great news. If, as is more likely, it is happening because the club is stuck and needs to make the change, I'm wary. Could go either way.

Probably be Kenny/Sammy to tide us over until club sold (assuming that really is months). If sale nowhere near, then Pellegrini, Hodgson, Hughes will all likely be in the frame, and I'm not overly enamoured with any of them.

That's why I'm not pleased about this at all. We will not get the calibre required to improve on the work done in the last 5 years.

I just can't see any of this being maneuvers to please new owners coming in, that's a complete fantasy in my opinion.