You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Carragher Testimonial Game

navbasi

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but booing Owen on Carragher's big day is bang out of order. If people don't think they can behave themselves properly, they shouldn't turn up. There is no way Carragher wants anyone to be booing his mate on his big day.

Go and watch Man U reserves and boo the fuck out of him if you want.

I think Carragher sums up the cliche "I hope i'm wrong but...". I used to say this about him week in week out at one stage, with various insults attached to the end, but i'm made up to say he's proved me wrong. In a big, big way.

Nice one Jamie lad you deserve it.

Do you honestly think he deserves a good reception though ant?

As others have said it's Jamie's day so i will be just ignoring the little mercenary twat, he probably won't be able to play anyway as he will of broken a nail in the run up.

p.s. which one is you in your avatar ant?

Yeah I do, but it's a testimonial, i'm happy he's there.

and the far left is me

how spooky. I was just listening to his interview on the tlw podcast from a while back and thought, "I'd love carra to play against the blues for his testimonial, not ac milan or whoever, but surely it'll never happen". I'm really looking forward to this but i'm not getting my hopes up that "the friendly derby" atmosphere will resurface.

Fuck Owen, the horrible cunt.

I'll give him all the shit he rightly deserves, testimonial or not.

He's got some fucking nerve even agreeing to play here, the snidey horrible manc fuck.

Exactly my feeling, Tom, mate.

But as the subsequent comments, it's Carra's day. So if he (Carra) wants him (Owen) to play, so let him.

Well in, Jamie, lad.

Apparently Carra will play 80 minutes in red and 10 minutes in blue.

As much as I now dislike Owen, he should not be booed. It's Carras day, and by jesus he deserves it. However, if what LP says above actually happens, then it'd be as funny as fuck if the whole ground booed Carras first touch when he was in blue, clearly followed by lots of laughter.

• 1 month later...

JC testimonial ticket details

carra_4c2a14acbb4c4557700699.jpg

Tickets for Jamie Carragher's Liverpool XI v Everton XI testimonial go on sale to all supporters on Friday.

The Anfield match on Saturday, September 4 will celebrate Carragher's illustrious career to date and raise cash for Merseyside children's charities.

The likes Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Dietmar Hamann, Jamie Redknapp and Michael Owen are due to take part, with all profits going to good causes via the 23 Foundation.

Current Blues boss David Moyes is set to manage the Everton XI.

Tickets for the 2pm kick-off will from Friday be available online at Tickets - Liverpool FC, by calling the credit card booking line on 0843 170 5555 (overseas (0044) 843 170 5555), by postal application, and by personal application at the Ticket Office window or the L1 Club Store.

Please note that tickets purchased online will be subject to a £2.50 per ticket booking fee.

Ticket Office window opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 8.15am - 3.45pm

Saturday: 9.15am - 1pm

Ticket Office telephone opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 8.15am - 7pm

Saturday: 9.15am - 1pm

L1 Club Store opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 9.30am - 8pm

Saturday: 9am - 7pm

Sunday: 11am - 5pm

No mention of prices though.

And since Donalddonaldson has seemingly been banned ( which is poor form, in my opinion) I should add that celebrating an average cloggers ten years of snarling at team-mates and costing us the league title would make Shankly roll over in his grave.

I had originally stopped negging people, but I'll have to make an exception for this shite. And in this of all threads.

Hang your head in shame, Kevin.