You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jamie Carragher Testimonial Game

navbasi

Jamie Carragher will celebrate his Liverpool career with a testimonial match against an Everton X1 at Anfield on September 4.

After months of planning, a host of past and present day players will don the red shirt to take on a David Moyes side and pay tribute to one of Liverpool's all-time great defenders.

With the date falling during an international break, those players not away with their countries will be involved in the game, while ex-Reds Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Dietmar Hamann, Jamie Redknapp and Michael Owen have also confirmed they will take part.

Carragher is also hoping Sami Hyypia and Jerzy Dudek - both instrumental in the 2005 Champions League success and both now playing their football abroad - can return to Merseyside to be involved.

All proceeds from the game will benefit local charities through Carragher's '23 Foundation'.

"It has been in the pipeline for four or five months and I've had to keep things quiet but I'm delighted now that I can start to talk about it properly," said Carragher. "Hopefully it should be a great occasion, one that the Merseyside public get behind.

"Every single penny that gets raised will be going to charity and it would nice to see the stadium full of families because that is what the day is going to be about. It's a huge honour to play for Liverpool and I just want to try and give something back.

"Everton and David Moyes have been brilliant from the very start. When I thought about the testimonial, I started looking at a few different teams and when it would be best to play it but Everton were always my first idea.

"If we had gone for a foreign team, they would have incurred appearance fees and travel costs which would have needed paying for but that is not what this game is going to be about; the money we raise is for the city of Liverpool and Merseyside in general.

"Obviously Everton have only got to cross over the park but they never had any interest in expense. Everyone knows I was an Evertonian when I was a kid and I just thought it would be appropriate for the two teams in my life to have a game of football."

As well as planning the main event, Carragher has also come up with an idea to enable children from two local primary schools to play on the hallowed Anfield turf at half-time,

Carragher is hoping headteachers from schools in the area block book tickets for the match, and the two schools who book the most tickets will get to play.

"The game between the schools is something that I am very passionate about," said Carragher. "It would be a fantastic opportunity for some of the kids to play at Anfield and hopefully there will be a big response."

Look out for ticket details for Carragher's testimonial coming soon on Liverpoolfc.tv.

Carra reveals Everton clash - Liverpool FC

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love Carragher. Hopefully Owen gets a good reception

Fuck Owen, the horrible cunt.

I'll give him all the shit he rightly deserves, testimonial or not.

He's got some fucking nerve even agreeing to play here, the snidey horrible manc fuck.

Fuck Owen, the horrible cunt.

I'll give him all the shit he rightly deserves, testimonial or not.

He's got some fucking nerve even agreeing to play here, the snidey horrible manc fuck.

You do talk some shite don't you.

It's Jamie's day, not anyone else's. That's what it's all about, and Carragher obviously wants him there or he wouldn't be invited.

If Owen shows up, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a reaction.

It's Jamie's day, not anyone else's. That's what it's all about, and Carragher obviously wants him there or he wouldn't be invited.

If Owen shows up, I wouldn't give him the satisfaction of a reaction.

Yep, that's how I see it too.

fair enough. I think the silent treatment would possibly work best. I guess it would be unfair on Jamie on his big day, so for that reason I'll concede.

But he's still got some fucking nerve showing his face her, the prick.

Owen will probably be injured at that time.

Maybe Carra plans to retire during summer ;)....It is strange to make a testimonial game while still active top level player.

happens all the time,

I don't think carra is the retiring type anyway. I could see him moving on to a lesser club if and when he feels he can't keep up with things at Liverpool, rather than just jacking it in.

Jamie Carragher will celebrate his Liverpool career with a testimonial match against an Everton X1 at Anfield on September 4.

After months of planning, a host of past and present day players will don the red shirt to take on a David Moyes side and pay tribute to one of Liverpool's all-time great defenders.

With the date falling during an international break, those players not away with their countries will be involved in the game, while ex-Reds Robbie Fowler, Steve McManaman, Dietmar Hamann, Jamie Redknapp and Michael Owen have also confirmed they will take part.

Carragher is also hoping Sami Hyypia and Jerzy Dudek - both instrumental in the 2005 Champions League success and both now playing their football abroad - can return to Merseyside to be involved.

All proceeds from the game will benefit local charities through Carragher's '23 Foundation'.

"It has been in the pipeline for four or five months and I've had to keep things quiet but I'm delighted now that I can start to talk about it properly," said Carragher. "Hopefully it should be a great occasion, one that the Merseyside public get behind.

"Every single penny that gets raised will be going to charity and it would nice to see the stadium full of families because that is what the day is going to be about. It's a huge honour to play for Liverpool and I just want to try and give something back.

"Everton and David Moyes have been brilliant from the very start. When I thought about the testimonial, I started looking at a few different teams and when it would be best to play it but Everton were always my first idea.

"If we had gone for a foreign team, they would have incurred appearance fees and travel costs which would have needed paying for but that is not what this game is going to be about; the money we raise is for the city of Liverpool and Merseyside in general.

"Obviously Everton have only got to cross over the park but they never had any interest in expense. Everyone knows I was an Evertonian when I was a kid and I just thought it would be appropriate for the two teams in my life to have a game of football."

As well as planning the main event, Carragher has also come up with an idea to enable children from two local primary schools to play on the hallowed Anfield turf at half-time,

Carragher is hoping headteachers from schools in the area block book tickets for the match, and the two schools who book the most tickets will get to play.

"The game between the schools is something that I am very passionate about," said Carragher. "It would be a fantastic opportunity for some of the kids to play at Anfield and hopefully there will be a big response."

Look out for ticket details for Carragher's testimonial coming soon on Liverpoolfc.tv.

Carra reveals Everton clash - Liverpool FC

Didn't think anything football related could put a smile on my face. We have four months to concoct a plan that ensures he never leaves again.

And since Donalddonaldson has seemingly been banned ( which is poor form, in my opinion) I should add that celebrating an average cloggers ten years of snarling at team-mates and costing us the league title would make Shankly roll over in his grave.