You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Calling all Liverpool fans!

Div67

Recently there has been a campaign from the blue half of Glasgow known as Rangers to some and Scotland's shame to others to get their favourite song, Simply the Best by Tina Turner to number 1 in the charts.

Obviously the Celtic supporters of the world can't let this happen so we started our own campaign to get You'll Never Walk Alone to number one ahead of them.

We started our campaign little over 24 hours ago and we have already got it to number 15 but still trailing to their song which currently sits in 6th. They have been planning it for months so the ground we have made up is astonishing.

I have already got a number of Liverpool fans who are friends on board due to the fact that both our great clubs hold this song close to our hearts.

I'm asking you now to make our clubs song, which fill all our hearts with pride when sung, to make this happen. Itunes has the song to download for only 99p.

Not only will we ruin their months of planning and downloading but we'll also have our song as the most popular in the country.

If that alone doesn't do it for you think of the rage that the Man Utd fans will have. (6)

Cheers

Rangers launch Tina Turner back into UK singles chart | Football | STV Sport

Rangers fans have backed a Facebook campaign to get the Tina Turner classic Simply the Best to the top of the charts this Sunday - the same day the Ibrox Team hope to clinch the Scottish Premier League title win.

The song, which has been adopted by the fans and is now played over the tannoy at Ibrox as part of their pre-match build up, was catapulted into the singles charts as it entered at number 13 in the official midweek chart update compiled by the Official Chart Company.

The song, which originally entered the charts at number five by Tina Turner, has crept back into the music charts following the growing popularity of a Facebook group which currently has a fan based of over 23,000 fans.

James Farley, the creator of the group, is delighted with the response the song has generated in the build up to Rangers’ possible week of glory but is also hopeful that the stunt will help encourage fans to donate to the Rangers supporters’ Erskine appeal - a charity that provides nursing and medical care to servicemen and women in the armed forces.

The appeal fund, which is added to each time Rangers fans organise a charity event for them, is currently sitting at over £40,000.

"I never thought it would ever be this big," he admitted. "I do a bit of charity work and this was just another of my ideas. I started the group in February and then I have put work into arriving at where it is today. It's incredible.

"A lot of people might have got the wrong idea when they first heard about it. It's not just about Rangers winning the league, although that is a happy coincidence.

"The British Forces were looking for a song to take their minds of things and were keen on the idea of having Simply the Best associated with them.

He added: "Erskine then contacted me and it went from there. It's great because it is raising awareness for them while also giving the Rangers fans something to take their minds off the financial troubles at the club, although winning the league this Sunday would also help."

Walter Smith’s team need one win to secure their second successive SPL title. The Gers play for the title this Sunday at Easter Road against Hibernian - a match which is scheduled to finish around 4.30pm.

If Sunday marks success for the Ibrox team on the pitch then it is likely that many fans will be tuned into the charts show a couple of hours later to find out if a double celebration is in order.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlykFbO-ps&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnlykFbO-ps&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

Here they are performing the song on their own. HAHA