You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mad as a hatter but what a job he's doing

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ollie warns Hicks and Gillett: Liverpool belongs to the fans

Blackpool manager Ian *Holloway has warned Liverpool’s warring *owners to remember the club really belongs to the fans.

But he also urged those supporters to keep the faith and believe the club can be restored to its former glory.

Holloway takes his team to Anfield today relishing the prospect of entering one of the game’s “special” arenas and empathising with *Liverpool’s tormented followers.

He said: “When you’ve got two big wigs and they’re not agreeing, it can rock the foundations of the club and this is rocking the foundations of one of the most famous clubs in the country.

“They have to remember who the club belongs to. They might back it and fund it, but it was there way, way before them and hopefully it will be there way, way after them.

“It’s the people’s club.

“It ain’t about you. You’re only the custodians. You need to guide it in the right way. It belongs to the fan in the street.

“My advice to fans is to keep supporting and keep *believing *because no-one can ever take away the history and tradition from you. I know it’s what Liverpool’s fans will do.

“There is a danger *Liverpool will fall behind the Chelseas, Uniteds and Arsenals, but they can become the force they were. They have to go in one direction.

“They must get back to the tradition of working together. They need those at the top to do that. If they keep arguing, what chance have you got?”

Liverpool v Blackpool preview: Ian Holloway warns Tom Hicks and George Gillett that they are only the custodians of Anfield - it is the people's club - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Fuckin love Holloway and I'm made up for him and the job he's doing at Blackpool. Not only are they effective, they're also playing football how it should be played and not parking the bus in the hope of nicking a point or 3. If they get beat 8-0 fine, but atleast they're having a bloody go and I have great respect for that.

I was on a night out wit my mates last Xmas in Newz Bar in town. The Blackpool squad where in the next booth to us. We ended up mingling and chatting with them, spent a good hour or so having a bevvy with Brett Ormerod and Jason Euell. Honestly, couldn't have wished to meet a pair of fellers more sound and down to earth. No arrogance or ego, just stood having a bevvy and talking football. Brett Ormerod was absolutely smashed, was talking to him about the goal he scored against us back in 02 or 03 for Southampton and he was buzzing off it. Got a lot of time for them and I wish them and the club all the best.

Saw Ian Holloway giving an interview the other day about when he played for QPR at Anfield and the feeling he got coming out the tunnel,seeing the This is Anfield sign. He had nothing but good things to say about us,which makes a nice change from all the other bellend managers blowing shite.

Good luck for the season, but I hope we batter them today.

Ollie warns Hicks and Gillett: Liverpool belongs to the fans

Blackpool manager Ian *Holloway has warned Liverpool’s warring *owners to remember the club really belongs to the fans.

But he also urged those supporters to keep the faith and believe the club can be restored to its former glory.

Holloway takes his team to Anfield today relishing the prospect of entering one of the game’s “special” arenas and empathising with *Liverpool’s tormented followers.

He said: “When you’ve got two big wigs and they’re not agreeing, it can rock the foundations of the club and this is rocking the foundations of one of the most famous clubs in the country.

“They have to remember who the club belongs to. They might back it and fund it, but it was there way, way before them and hopefully it will be there way, way after them.

“It’s the people’s club.

“It ain’t about you. You’re only the custodians. You need to guide it in the right way. It belongs to the fan in the street.

“My advice to fans is to keep supporting and keep *believing *because no-one can ever take away the history and tradition from you. I know it’s what Liverpool’s fans will do.

“There is a danger *Liverpool will fall behind the Chelseas, Uniteds and Arsenals, but they can become the force they were. They have to go in one direction.

“They must get back to the tradition of working together. They need those at the top to do that. If they keep arguing, what chance have you got?”

Liverpool v Blackpool preview: Ian Holloway warns Tom Hicks and George Gillett that they are only the custodians of Anfield - it is the people's club - News - MirrorFootball.co.uk

Brilliant stuff. A proper footballing man.

Listened to Holloway do a technical talk at a grassroots football show just before he took over at Blackpool a couple of seasons ago and dont be fooled,he really does know his stuff about the technical and tactical aspects of the game despite his eccentric interviews.

He is a manager who players love to play for and thats why he will always do well.

hollowayimg.jpg

That's all very kind of you - very flattering - but I fear if I was your manager you'd soon pick my ramblings apart and get on my back big time! Anyway, my focus is on Blackpool Football Club. The Orange Men! I believe orange is a great colour for a football club. Not quite as good as red, I grant you, but close with a slim panatella. I've been reading some stuff about it by psychologists and wotnot. Look at the history: William of Orange: he took over Great Britain just like that! The British went: 'Oh, hello, King Orange, would you like to invade us? Pip pip!' Amazing charisma he must have had! Then there was Agent Orange: I'm not quite sure what he did, but it was something special. Then there's oranges themselves: absolutely first class fruit. Everyone loves oranges. So that all goes into the mix, you see. Like that Tesco ad says, 'Every little helps'. Not that the missus lets me go to Tesco anymore. She says it's gone downhill. I have to go to Morrisons now, with a great long list of things she wants. I found this place called 'Ocado' - they deliver, which would save me a heck of a lot of trouble, but she won't have it. Says that's just me being lazy. So off I go every week. Still, I'm a curious character, so I don't mind checking out what's new. I saw this new 'cheese string' the other week. Madness! It don't taste like cheese and you can't use it as string! What's the point? I'm rambling again, now, ain't I? Apologies for that, it's how me mind goes, I'm afraid! Anyway, I hope you have a good time this afternoon, like me. That's football, really, innit? Just messing about on grass. It ain't rocket science. Although if as many people did rocket science as played and watched football, we'd have rockets coming out of our ears! It'd be like the Jetsons! I'd love to fly like they do with those little jet pack thingies. Er, where was I...

Blackpool boss Ian Holloway was in dreamland after seeing his side shock Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield.

The top flight new boys piled the misery on the struggling Reds on Sunday, leaving their illustrious opponents languishing in the relegation zone.

Charlie Adam fired Blackpool ahead from the penalty spot on 29 minutes and Luke Varney added a second right on the stroke of half-time.

Sotiris Kyrgiakos pulled a goal back for the home side early in the second half, but Blackpool defended stoutly to record a memorable victory.

Holloway admitted afterwards that he could barely believe what was happening to his side, with the Seasiders enjoying a fairytale existence during their debut season in the Premier League.

"It is one of the dreams I've had for years," he said, after seeing his side applauded from the field by the home support.

"When the fans were singing You'll Never Walk Alone - it's my dad's favourite song but he's no longer with me - I was singing myself and it was a bit emotional.

"This is not far off the home of football - these supporters have seen some of the best football over the years and in my era as a player there was no better team in the world.

"The boys made me so proud and for that set of supporters to clap us off that is all I wanted - that was what my dream was last night.

"This is a fantastic moment for Blackpool."

Holloway felt his side were good value for their victory, but admitted that the sight of Fernando Torres hobbling from the field early on helped to inspire his players.

"To see the best striker in the world limp off after a few minutes, I can't tell you what that did for us," he added.

"His mere presence is awesome so to see him come off played into our hands and helped us."

Top man, gave our support a shit load of compliments there.

We could do a lot worse than get him in here to be honest. I really like him, I think him being such a top, funny bloke overshadows the fact that he knows his football. Blackpool tactically outclassed us and they did it with style.

He's doing a great job there, no question about it. I said a couple of weeks ago that I didn't think they'd go straight back down and obviously I saw very little to change that opinion today.

Long way to go and injuries to a couple of key players would probably see them having problems but at the moment they're doing fine. Same goal difference as we have but four points and nine places above us.

:lol:

hollowayimg.jpg

That's all very kind of you - very flattering - but I fear if I was your manager you'd soon pick my ramblings apart and get on my back big time! Anyway, my focus is on Blackpool Football Club. The Orange Men! I believe orange is a great colour for a football club. Not quite as good as red, I grant you, but close with a slim panatella. I've been reading some stuff about it by psychologists and wotnot. Look at the history: William of Orange: he took over Great Britain just like that! The British went: 'Oh, hello, King Orange, would you like to invade us? Pip pip!' Amazing charisma he must have had! Then there was Agent Orange: I'm not quite sure what he did, but it was something special. Then there's oranges themselves: absolutely first class fruit. Everyone loves oranges. So that all goes into the mix, you see. Like that Tesco ad says, 'Every little helps'. Not that the missus lets me go to Tesco anymore. She says it's gone downhill. I have to go to Morrisons now, with a great long list of things she wants. I found this place called 'Ocado' - they deliver, which would save me a heck of a lot of trouble, but she won't have it. Says that's just me being lazy. So off I go every week. Still, I'm a curious character, so I don't mind checking out what's new. I saw this new 'cheese string' the other week. Madness! It don't taste like cheese and you can't use it as string! What's the point? I'm rambling again, now, ain't I? Apologies for that, it's how me mind goes, I'm afraid! Anyway, I hope you have a good time this afternoon, like me. That's football, really, innit? Just messing about on grass. It ain't rocket science. Although if as many people did rocket science as played and watched football, we'd have rockets coming out of our ears! It'd be like the Jetsons! I'd love to fly like they do with those little jet pack thingies. Er, where was I...

:lol: