You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Mad as a hatter but what a job he's doing

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to live near Blackpool years ago and would occasionally go down Bloomfield Road. For years they had one end of the stadium condemned with no fans allowed on it. It really added to the atmosphere.....

It that still the case or have they sorted it?

Mines a beef sarnie if your making one sweetie.

Aye but that was 5 years ago. Living off past glories is what Forest, Derby and Villa do.

Hardly the same thing is it? When did Derby, Forest and Villa last win a major trophy, or come within 4 points of winning the League like we did last season?

Rhetorical, by the way.

Just funny to me how a thread about Blackpool can be used to have a dig at Rafa.

Carry on.

Jesus H Christ

Only an idiot would even think about comparing the two managers. Try and look a bit further out of the box.

Hypothetical I know but if we had have continued the same attacking intent we had for the last 3 months of last season yet still been in the situation we find ourselves i'm certain there would be much more support for rafa than there currently is.

money isn't everything. Fuck net spend, fuck the wage bill too. Sometimes, just sometimes you get managers that overcome the overwhelming odds and achive something great out of absolutely nothing. & do it also playing the game the right way.

So money isn't everything! Fuck net spend and wage bills!

What a load of bollocks. For the benefit of all those who made a valid contribution to this thread, can you do us the honour of naming these so called managers who have spent fuck all and got no wage bill but have succeeded in winning the Premiership?

I don't recall anybody with the exception of Wenger (back in the day) who is a phenominon. However, as good a coach that he is, his head to head with Rafa since Rafa took over is lacking as rafa comes out on top.

As for managers that overcome the overwhelming odds and achieve something great out of absolutely nothing. We have one of our own, remember Istanbul 2005 or have you contracted selective memory loss like the rest of the anti Rafa Taliban?

Continued with the same attacking intent without Torres, Gerrard, Johnson and co for the best part of your new season? No transfer budget? How does that work then? Whilst Rafa is certainly not without criticism, he is not the one you should be venting your splein at, the problem lies far deeper than the manager. You just need to take your head out of the sand, ignore media propoganda and examine the FACTS.

Taxi for George?

Edited by LFC Ultra

I dont think Holloway's cv has on it that he chucked in the towel against reading and birmingham (you can substitute two other teams if you can find them) like benitez did.

What a load of bollocks. It's just a shit argument from you. "Benitez is shit cause he lost against Reading and Birmingham"...."Forget about the Champions league, he's shit". That's basically what you're saying.

Fergie lost against Leeds and drew with Birmingham this season too, so does that make him a shit manager as well?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Watched the interview with him in pub and he's on about things will get better if they get 8-0 against chelsea and ranting other stuff, and I just thought, he's one of us. Genuinely hope he does well and that the premiership and it's bullshit doesn't change him. I hope they stay up aswell.

I'm jumping ship and going to watch a team play decent football next year

holloways barmy army

my mum, my girfriend and my bro's girlfriend have all just arrived back. fucking glory hunters

Your leaving us GC to go and watch Blackpool next season. Fucking glory hunter.

Your leaving us GC to go and watch Blackpool next season. Fucking glory hunter.

I seen Blackpool 2 more times live over the last 2 years than i have Liverpool & i'm a ST & box holder + ex shareholder. Speaks volumes doesn't it. Its a impossible dream and ambition but i hope in some way Holloway kinda gets thr premiership/english football back to its roots.

absolutely loved the way he said tickets at blackpool should be going down not up.

the campaign for IH as LFC manager starts here

I seen Blackpool 2 more times live over the last 2 years than i have Liverpool & i'm a ST & box holder + ex shareholder. Speaks volumes doesn't it. Its a impossible dream and ambition but i hope in some way Holloway kinda gets thr premiership/english football back to its roots.

absolutely loved the way he said tickets at blackpool should be going down not up.

the campaign for IH as LFC manager starts here

Yeah he is king of the soundbite alright GC. His interviews next season should be much more interesting and fun than the dull predictable monotone shite you get from most Premier League managers nowadays.

Guest the boy
I seen Blackpool 2 more times live over the last 2 years than i have Liverpool & i'm a ST & box holder + ex shareholder. Speaks volumes doesn't it.

Yes, it does.

Hopefully he'll escape the fate of Brown, Davies and their ilk.