You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Benayoun v Garcia

Red Jersey

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who do you take?

Where? We going somewhere?

On holiday? Prob Yossi, as Luis would have better luck with the rat. Yossi has a face for radio, therefore making you look better, and increasing your chances.

On to the pitch? Deffo Luis. Frustrating as he was, the ability to create something out of nothing is a quality sadly lacking from this squad. And, as already mentioned, his song was boss. I still sing it to myself every now and then, infact i sang it to the cat (with clapping) only last week. The cat thinks im nuts anyway.

Fucking loved Luis. As much as we sang for him not to be taken away, off he went anyway. Bastards.

Remember being in that massive traffic jam on the way to the Ataturk with people leaning out the taxis and buses singing along to that! Then we got out at the little shop, bought a few tins off some mad turks and set off over that moonscape still singing it with the stadium in the distance. Happy days.

Yeah that was some journey. As you say the song was ace.

My daughter was born soon after and I used to sing it to her to get her to sleep

Benayoun had a world class 3 months, apart fromm that he's hit and miss. Garcia never had that sustained period of quality but in general had more of an impact than Yossi. I'd chose Garcia, just. Although he usd to infuriate the fuck out of me.

Agree with this.

Shame Yossi hasn't kept his form up he showed last season, where he was a match winner.

Agree with this.

Shame Yossi hasn't kept his form up he showed last season, where he was a match winner.

He was our best player. He was fucking immense. Before and after that he's been mostly unforgettable. Moment of brilliance inbetween a lot of poor/mediocre play. Garcia has a knack of scoring goals and being the right place, right time. Rarely did he have a brillaint 90 minutes or run of games but he'd produce moments in games that made a big impact.

They are both about the same. Garcia scores more goals and Benayoun keeps the ball better. None of them are good enough to be the creative talent of a top team, but Benitez knew this beforehand, the idea being that he could/can play his workers instead in difficult matches and not many people would complain seeing those two on the bench. That's the reason why he never signs a top creative player.

Benayoun had a world class 3 months, apart fromm that he's hit and miss. Garcia never had that sustained period of quality but in general had more of an impact than Yossi. I'd chose Garcia, just. Although he usd to infuriate the fuck out of me.

That's a great point and the biggest problem where Benayoun is concerned. He had a world class three months when the team as a collective had a world class three months.

Apart from that he's been inconsistent, very much like the team.

In fact, during Rafa's tenure there hasn't been many players who have risen above that.

That's a great point and the biggest problem where Benayoun is concerned. He had a world class three months when the team as a collective had a world class three months.

Apart from that he's been inconsistent, very much like the team.

In fact, during Rafa's tenure there hasn't been many players who have risen above that.

That's because football is a team game isn't it?

Makes *durr* face at Brownie

Yossi's had a stop start season might be a factor in his dip in form. At his best as mentioned he can be very good/ world class. Garcia had a touch of genius interspersed with carelessness and giving the ball away frequently. I would say equal.