You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Barclays Capital Appointed to Find a Purchaser for the Club

redheart

Erm, isn't that what precisely Purslow has been doing for the past 10 months? Indeed, what Rafa has been doing too?

And I didn't think Barclays were in fact refinancing us, so the bit about a £50m transfer fund is nothing more than speculation and guesswork.

Coming from Maddock, the biggest cheerleader for the two owners in the national media (aside from Mihir 'Brown Envelope' Bose), the article is even more unbelievable.

i'm curious, is maddock a red?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I refuse to see this as anything but spin, at the end of the day maddock even states himself that they could still remain in control for anything upto a year.

Not untill that are totally gone will I be truely happy, No thats not right.

What I meant to say was 'Not untill they are dead, will I be truely happy'

Good news for everyone

Lets hope we can find a buyer

If the scenario Maddock outlines is going to happen, then finding a suitable buyer should be fairly easy.

If Barclays get's this right, it could prove to be the best marketing stunt of all time for them: Making money while saving a legendary sporting institution.

That is unless rival fans will be shifting banks in great numbers, I guess.

RBS and H&G would have carried on milking the Club,the Club is no longer the cash Cow.

Didn't last year RBS say Liverpool was well capable of servicing their debts,

Lying bastards,the only thing thats changed from last year it that there's no CL money this year

Although the potential 15m extra from Standard Charter and the extra 13m from teh new gloabl tv rights deal will balance that out, if, of course, we miss out.

Although the potential 15m extra from Standard Charter and the extra 13m from teh new gloabl tv rights deal will balance that out, if, of course, we miss out.

It might ease the payment of interest on the loan, but missing out on the CL will leave us way behind our rivals again. The only way to sustain a top four position is to invest in the squad.

I've felt that for a while especially in regards to driving down the price and making the club more attactive to potential buyers.

I posted the same idea earlier in this thread,. If you look at the recent euro performances, compared to the league, it adds weight to the theory.

The only fly in the ointment is gerrards face when torres was taken off.

certainly suits benitez to gain kudos in europe whilst fucking cancer and aids right up the wrong un on the financial fornt. is torres REALLY injured?

This could be the best sting ever.

Benitez COULD make mugs of us all yet.

On the other hand he could be a totally frazzled, stubborn, incompetent fool.:wow:

This is happening Durango. I'm confident the club will be in new hands sooner than many on here think. The BC refinancing offer is genuine too, and is there as a backstop.

Hope to fuck you're right stringy. You're certainly talking about this as if you know something, which gives me some hope as I don't have you down as a bullshitter.