You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Next Liverpool Manager

StevieH

Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. Hodgson, Pellegrini, Deschamps & Rijkaard for the next LFC Manager?

Pellegrini would be my choice.

But only if he can speak English.

Hes gone on record at how bad he was treated by Real, not playing his style of football and the club selling Robben & Sneijder under his nose so coming to us might not be attractive to him with all the trouble going on upstars.

Pellegrini is perfect for me. He took up English lessons three years ago, his sides play attacking and efficient football. In Villarreal he lost only 4 or 5 from over 40 games in Europe:) Reminds me of someone's European record. He is 57, younger than Hodgson and O'Neill, who play more hoofball and defence than our former manager, who at least knew how to win important games, unlike them. Pellegrini likes skill and is on a free transfer now. Unai Emery, Hiddink, Spalletti and Deschamps are next in the queue for me, with Keegan as a last option.

Guest PurpleNose
I would not be adverse to Hughes.

I dont know why, although i have had a fair few bifters.

So have I. Yet I know that Hughes becoming our manager would make me very upset. You're not smoking crack are you? PCP perhaps?

He is 57, younger than Hodgson and O'Neill, who play more hoofball and defence than our former manager, who at least knew how to win important games, unlike them.

I wouldn't say Hodgsons Fulham side play hoofball.

I would not be adverse to Hughes.

I dont know why, although i have had a fair few bifters.

I quite like him as well.

Wouldn't be my first choice or anything but I'd prefer him to O'Neill.

I reckon Kenny would have more sense than to take it. Besides, his relationships with the 'power players' and 'sources' at the club might just take things to the opposing end of the Rafa scale. In no way an Evans lack of respect but a... familiarity.

And that's before you throw in the inevitable legacy-pissing. Can't see it happening.

For what we need in the short term the ideal man for the job would be a low budget motivator with European experience, ideally young and British: if he was managing Newcastle or Villa and getting the same results then the screaming skull from across the park would be top of my list.

In reality I'd go for Hodgson.

Bloody hell what are people smoking these days must be strong stuff. That manc pig as manager of Liverpool Football Club. FFS,

No it just highlights my hatred for O'Neill.

Where does it say Kenny doesn't want it?

BBC.

BBC Sport understands that Dalglish is unlikely to play a role in the future management of the club, and the Reds are happy for Benitez's assistant, Sammy Lee, to take the reins until after the World Cup if necessary.

BBC Sport - Football - Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez leaves by mutual consent

Just browsed through some rival boards to see the reactions. It's the usual but the last post I read was on a Chelsea forum where one of them said he had it from a good source that it's Phil Brown. I immediately stopped reading.

Can't be Phil Brown, not because he's shite, mind -- we just can't afford his hair products.

Guest ShoePiss
Can't be Phil Brown, not because he's shite, mind -- we just can't afford his hair products.

I know why this rumour came up, Arsenal have the biggest artificial lighting system for the pitch but Wenger is going nowhere. Second biggest? Pretty sure it's Anfield...