You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those saying he'll challenge Djokovic for number 1 must have forgotten about a certain Rafael Nadal, who on top form is the best player of them all in my opinion.

Do you think he'll ever be the same again though?, im not so sure and even if he does get back to his best form hes a injury waiting to happen.

Also if i had to bet my life on whether he was a drugs cheat or not i would go for yes.

You on crack?

That depends, if 5 is near 8 then no, if 5 isn't anywhere near 8, then yes.

Although he is 25, could win one or two more this year! In the next three years there will be 12 titles between him and Djokovic (it looks like that anyway). Aggasi, Sampras and Federer have all won titles into their thirties - so I can see him adding a few more.

He'll get no more than 3. And that'll be a fucking brilliant achievement.

I'd have been made up with anymore than one! Outside the big four, Del Potro was the last too win a slam, and whilst he was injured he, Tsonga and Ferrer have never threatened to reach a final.

I think Ferrer will be more of a threat at the French, even if Nadal is back.

Murray has done amazingly well to even win one slam in this era. No chance he'll get anywhere near 8 and although I don't like him that's no slant on him.

We'll have to see. If you don't mind, I may have to come back on Monday and gloat sarcastically, despite you not saying he wouldn't win, it seems to be the done thing on the internet!

But, he could win a couple this year alone. But I do like him, but would love Nadal to return to his best, would be special watching those three go at it for a few years.

We'll have to see. If you don't mind, I may have to come back on Monday and gloat sarcastically, despite you not saying he wouldn't win, it seems to be the done thing on the internet!

But, he could win a couple this year alone. But I do like him, but would love Nadal to return to his best, would be special watching those three go at it for a few years.

Of course it's the done thing, it's fucking great.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Murray has done amazingly well to even win one slam in this era. No chance he'll get anywhere near 8 and although I don't like him that's no slant on him.

Why not? Gah, ne'ermind, I've heard almost every 'Murray will never...' comment right through his career. He's 25, which means another 20 chances at least.

Novak Djokovic.

The Novak Djokovic he beat in their only Slam final meeting.

Barring injury those 2 will play another 10 finals against each other give or take, as great as he is Djokovic wont win them all,

Theres fuck all between the pair of them, take out clay if they played each other in 10 finals it will be 5-5 or 6-4 to one of them.

The Novak Djokovic he beat in their only Slam final meeting.

Barring injury those 2 will play another 10 finals against each other give or take, as great as he is Djokovic wont win them all,

Theres fuck all between the pair of them, take out clay if they played each other in 10 finals it will be 5-5 or 6-4 to one of them.

I completely disagree.

I'd have been made up with anymore than one! Outside the big four, Del Potro was the last too win a slam, and whilst he was injured he, Tsonga and Ferrer have never threatened to reach a final.

I think Ferrer will be more of a threat at the French, even if Nadal is back.

Del potro, Berdych, Tsonga and Ferrer will be lucky to win another slam between them, as you hit on Ferrer in the French is the best shot out of any of them, then followed by Berdych and Tsonga at Wimbledon, cant see any of it happening though.

The youngsters are way way off the quality needed to, can't see Federer winning anymore than 1 more, who knows with Nadal, barring Nadal making a stunning comeback Murray and Djokovic will be sharing them for the next couple of years at least.

Based on what? because you're not basing it on their Slam matches of the last year, Murray getting Lendl on board was huge.

Murray also beat Djokovic in 2 straight sets in the Olympic semi.

Murray had the better of him last year, I've not denied that. Djokovic is the more complete and consistent of the two though. IMO.

Murray had the better of him last year, I've not denied that. Djokovic is the more complete and consistent of the two though. IMO.

I sort of agree with you that Djokovic has the tiniest slightest of edges but its minute, Murray still has a bit of room for improvement but hes just as consistant as Djokovic, hes made the last 3 slam finals, add on the Olympic final and that is as consistant as you can get.

When he jumps up to World number 2 then obviously there will be no chance of them meeting in the semis, they will play so many more of these matches and no way Djokovic beats him 8/9 times out of 10.

Guess we'll have to wait and see over the next few years.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

One of my favourite Murray moments was when he beat Nadal in 2008. Some of the points he played in the last game to win the semi were brilliant.

I think the next few years will be dominated by Djokovic & Murray. Novak is just a few years ahead of Murray.

He was promising as a youngster but then lost his way a bit. He knuckled down in practice, sorted his diet etc out, broke his Slam duck and became the player he is now.

Murray has followed this course and is a beast physically and with Llendl as coach, his mentality is toughening up too. If a match goes into 5 sets these days, my moneys on Murray everytime. There's not a lot between the two at the moment and any meeting really could go either way.

My opinion on Nadal is that he won't reach the heights he was at a few years ago. He'll still be in the mix of course, especially at Paris, but his whole game is built on explosive power and scampering/ recovering. I just don't think his body can hold up to this long term. It will always be in the back of his mind.