You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's nothing more embarrassing than watching the posh tennis crowd try and claim him as one of our own. He's Scottish, he's knows he is, the Scottish know he is, he's really not interested in being 'claimed' by us. Leave the lad alone you port-drinking turds.

Boring and dismal as hell off the court. I can't stand the sight of him mumbling and constantly scratching his 14-year-old boy's beard in interviews. Lighten up, Francis.

But he's a tough, tough player on the court. He's got a good chance now that Roddick is out of the tournament. I like seeing young players stand up to Nadal and especially Federer. Hopefully he can continue to mount good challenges.

watched the match live and Murray was all over Nadal. Took the first set 6-3 then the second 7-6 (7-2 in the tie breaker) he was 3-0 up in the third when Nadal pulled out after having the trainer on. If Nadal had got it to 2-1 then he would have played on but at 3-0 he knew it was over and wanted to protect his knee. YET the BBC have reported it as Nadal retiring got Murray through, bunch of misserable cunts. Murray raises his game to really take on Nadal, it worked to a tee pushing Nadal to and past his limits but they couldn't give him the credit for doing that in the title.

Murray played really well and seriously out aced Nadal from the start with, from memory, 11 aces to Nadals 1. There were plenty of breaks and both took and missed chances.

I'm right behind him, always have been with the missus being a jock n all, I don't care if he wants to be a scot or a brit, it's up to him. He does need some off court coaching though but that's a trend of the nation he is from.

In what way did he ever used to be a right cunt?

Well his swearing on court, saying he preferred US Open to Wimbledon (fair enough, but no advisable thing to say), cocky in interviews.

I think he's now better managed, gets better advise, is a far better player and isn't half as cocky and comes across far better on and off court.

He was young before, probably just matured.