You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Milan Jovanovic offered 3 year deal

WaltonRed

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably isn't good enough in the long term but he hasn't had a decent look in and he's arguably offered more in a red shirt so far than Joe Cole has. Whether that says more about him or Cole is another matter.

It is funny though, how not being well known and being signed on a free mean you have no time to prove whether you are good enough or not.

He doesn't know anything , he's just a gobshite.

Fact.

And a bummer.

yer ma.

Nnyway, nothing bores me more than you being you.

I've had my fun with you now, so I shall say my good byes and leave you with this:

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

wp-contentuploadshuge-2dturd-2dgoing-2dout.jpg
Edited by Paul

Other than trying to justify paying his ludicrous wages, I don't see the point of continually playing Al Bundy.

Given that the probability of us rising above the Europa League spots is now very, very low - chances like yesterday are much more suited to giving some of the young guys a run out and a reward for the hard work they've put in IMHO.

Other than trying to justify paying his ludicrous wages, I don't see the point of continually playing Al Bundy.

Given that the probability of us rising above the Europa League spots is now very, very low - chances like yesterday are much more suited to giving some of the young guys a run out and a reward for the hard work they've put in IMHO.

I think he played on Saturday cos we needed pace.

He was shit.

• 2 months later...

Milan Jovanovic Admits Joining Liverpool Was Mistake, Wants Move to Italy or Germany - Liverpool FC - NESN.com

Milan Jovanovic Admits Joining Liverpool Was Mistake, Wants Move to Italy or Germany

by Nick Coman on Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 1:08PM Comments 1

Do you like this story?

Milan Jovanovic's career at Anfield got off to quite the inauspicious start, as the manager who signed him left the club prior to the Serbian forward's arrival.

Under Roy Hodgson, Jovanovic made seven league appearances, and since Kenny Dalglish has been at the helm, he has made just two -- and none since Feb. 12., when he came on as a late substitute against Wigan.

Jovanovic, widely expected to seek a summer exit, confirmed that sentiment on Wednesday, according to Sky Sports.

"If I'm completely honest, I must say that I regularly think about this," Jovanovic said. "If I would move to Italy or Germany I would be happier than in England. My life would be nicer. And also for my career, it would be better to play in Serie A or the Bundesliga."

Jovanovic went to Anfield on a free transfer from Belgium's Standard Liege, a place where he felt far more comfortable.

"Liverpool is such a different place," he said. "I'm here alone, without anybody. I'm just a very lonely stranger. In my months here I haven't met anybody from my country. If I wouldn't have my wife and my kids I just couldn't speak Serbian with anybody."

Jovanovic did say that he believed coming to Anfield was too good of an opportunity to pass up, but things didn't go according to plan.

"Liverpool is of course a club which you can't refuse," he said. "My only regret is, that the coach, who brought me at Anfield, left the club even before my arrival. "If Rafa Benitez would have stayed in Liverpool I believe everything would be different for me.

"There were 15 other clubs which followed me but I chose Liverpool and make a mistake."

Get on with the program Milan, Rafa had nothing to do with your signing.

He will leave as he wants to play football and he will not get that opportunity here.

I`d say one of the few mistakes Kenny has made while in charge was to start Jovanovic against Blackpool as I think thatr gave him hope he might make it here and thats why he did not want to leave in January even if there were clubs in for him and a deal was agreed.

Get on with the program Milan, Rafa had nothing to do with your signing.

He will leave as he wants to play football and he will not get that opportunity here.

I`d say one of the few mistakes Kenny has made while in charge was to start Jovanovic against Blackpool as I think thatr gave him hope he might make it here and thats why he did not want to leave in January even if there were clubs in for him and a deal was agreed.

Superfluous "on" there my good man. And is that really the program now? Well I never!