You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I genuinely can't stand the fucker. He's my biggest irrational hatred in football. I think it's the amount of times he discusses other clubs players in interviews, and the amount of shit players he signs who disappear without trace, and yet he never cops any flack from the press because he's like a character out of an Ealing Studios film.

I genuinely can't stand the fucker. He's my biggest irrational hatred in football. I think it's the amount of times he discusses other clubs players in interviews, and the amount of shit players he signs who disappear without trace, and yet he never cops any flack from the press because he's like a character out of an Ealing Studios film.

That seems scripted to me. I reckon he primes journalists to ask him certain questions about players that he wants.

That seems scripted to me. I reckon he primes journalists to ask him certain questions about players that he wants.

Probably. Everyone's a winner - 'Arry gets to tap up a player in public with the added defence of "answering a direct question", journos get their paper-selling transfer stories.

It strikes me as odd how many players have returned to Spurs in recent years

Defoe - Signed him for Pompey, returned January 2009

Keane - From Spurs in Summer 2008 returned to Spurs January 2009

Chimbonda - went to Sunderland Summer 2008, returned January 2009. Has since moved again.

Kaboul - To Pompey Summer 2008 - returned January 2010

I'm sure there's another one I'm forgetting, but can't think of who at the moment. But the return of three ex players in the same transfer window, two of whom had left in the previous transfer window, does raise some eyebrows. Different circumstances for each player, but still a bit shifty.

It strikes me as odd how many players have returned to Spurs in recent years

Defoe - Signed him for Pompey' date=' returned January 2009

Keane - From Spurs in Summer 2008 returned to Spurs January 2009

Chimbonda - went to Sunderland Summer 2008, returned January 2009. Has since moved again.

Kaboul - To Pompey Summer 2008 - returned January 2010

I'm sure there's another one I'm forgetting, but can't think of who at the moment. But the return of three ex players in the same transfer window, two of whom had left in the previous transfer window, does raise some eyebrows. Different circumstances for each player, but still a bit shifty.[/quote']

Property in Sandbanks is very expensive.

I can't understand all the hatred towards him either.

He's one of only a few managers in the league who really respects our club.

If he respected Liverpool Football Club then he would have nothing whatsoever to do with the S*n Newspaper.

Harry Redknapp is a crook and so is his partner in crime Peter Storrie.

• 2 weeks later...

This guy has a neck like a jockey's bollocks

Redknapp stunned by Portsmouth decline - Sport, Breaking News - Independent.ie

Redknapp stunned by Portsmouth decline

Friday February 12 2010

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp enjoyed his finest managerial moment in the FA Cup but he admits to being totally stunned by Portsmouth's plight since leading them to glory at Wembley.

Redknapp's Spurs team are challenging for a Champions League place but he insists the country's top knockout competition is just as important - and he is desperate to repeat his efforts of 2008 when he won the trophy with Pompey. Redknapp left Fratton Park five months later and Pompey have plummeted on and off the pitch and this week could have gone out of business due to their dispute with Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs.

"I didn't see it coming when I left," Redknapp said. "They were selling players for fortunes and suddenly it's been like musical chairs with four owners there this season."

HMRC have lodged a winding-up petition against Pompey - which will be presented before a High Court judge after February 19 - but Redknapp is hoping his former club can be saved.

"It would be a disaster," he said. "We can't allow it to happen and there is always a way in the end. Before I went there they were in the same situation and Milan Mandaric came out of nowhere to save the club.

"I'm sure there are people out there, they'd be buying a club with a great tradition.

"I've been speaking every day to people there and hoping it will get sorted out.

"It's an amazing situation they've found themselves in but it's not just Portsmouth, there are so many clubs with an amazing amount of debt.

"At some of the biggest clubs there is an incredible amount of debt. Hopefully Pompey will find a new owner and they will move forward again."

Press Association

Osama Bin Laden was quoted as being shocked at the way the Twin Towers fell down in a burning steaming heap of twisted metal and shit. "I didn't know that was going to happen when I asked my lads to fly some planes into there. I'm sure someone will build something there again. Hopefully it'll happen soon."

Osama Bin Laden was quoted as being shocked at the way the Twin Towers fell down in a burning steaming heap of twisted metal and shit. "I didn't know that was going to happen when I asked my lads to fly some planes into there. I'm sure someone will build something there again. Hopefully it'll happen soon."

Repped.

Harry, this is how much you pay in wages...and this is how much the club earns...can you figure out what happens if the first is bigger than the second? There's a prize in a brown envelope for you if you can.

How long did Doddy do? Wasn't it Piggot that also went down for similar? It don't matter how baggy their chops are, there's always going to be at least one inmate fancies a bit of celeb botty.

Doddy was innocent wasn't he? Think George Carman QC got him off. He spared him the nick at the very least.

Something very dodgy seems to be going on.

Peter Storrie followed Harry Redknapp from West Ham to Portsmouth, and each former club that Redknapp has managed has always gone into financial meltdown after he has left.

Could get entertaining if indeed Spurs are next on the list.