You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

When N'Gog is 27 he will still be worse than Beckford is now.

That is irrelevant, Torres is our main striker and Saha is theirs, so basically they have a 27 year old as cover, whereas we have played one of our reserve players!

And lets see if Beckford scores as many as N'Gog did this year.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst we're on the topic of lower league players, am I the only one who rates Joe Ledley? I'd definitely be looking into signing him. On a free as his contract's up this month.

Guest PurpleNose
Whilst we're on the topic of lower league players, am I the only one who rates Joe Ledley? I'd definitely be looking into signing him. On a free as his contract's up this month.

No you're not.

Good technical ability and can play wide left or central.

How old is he now? 23?

Know a few big Leed's fans and they don't particularly rate him very highly. Said he's done absolutely fuck all since that goal against the mancs. There's probably a reason why a League 1 player has gone on a free transfer at the age of 27.

Moyes will get the best from him, it's what Moyes does.

He's better at spotting bargains than Rafa, signed the likes of Arteta, Cahill, Saha, Baines for next to nothin , put them in our squad and it would have a lot more depth and maybe even capable of challenging, less than Keane and Aqualani each for all of them.

I'm pretty sure that Saha cost around £10m and I think Baines & Arteta were £6m each (not sure about Arteta though). Cahill was a good cheap signing for them, but he was on his way to Crystal Palace until Simon Jordan refused to pay Cahill's agent. So it's not like Moyes is this great judge of footballers who sees things nobody else does.

Having those players would improve our squad now, but at the time Moyes signed them, they wouldn't have gotten anywhere near our team.

No you're not.

Good technical ability and can play wide left or central.

How old is he now? 23?

Yeah. I reckon he's definitely worth a punt. He'd be on pretty low wages as well I'd imagine, and if it didn't work out, we could probably sell him on and make a profit.

I'm sure he'll do well, Moyes tends to get the little signings bang on, it's when he spends money he usually arses it up. It's one of the reasons i think Moyes is the best manager in the business at what he does but would fail miserably if he was given a top job.

It's about expectations and the fact that Moyes players are judged by a lower set of criteria than the teams fighting for regular qualification for the European Cup.

Baines is considered a great success for them because he's played well this season - playing well for us gets players slaughtered.