You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What would you do?  

240 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• Fire Rafa now
    • Don't fire Rafa now

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for Mourinho, I just saw him interviewed on Sky after their match tonight and the interviewer said:

'In Mario Ballotelli, you seem to have unearthed an incredible, young gem. Tell us about him, how good can he be?'

Mourinho: 'It depends on him, God gave him the talent. I don't know if he's ready or able to catch this gift with both hands. Sometimes it feels and looks like he doesn't want, but if he wants, he has the talent'.

Now before anyone accuses me of splurging all over Mourinho, i'm not, I just thought it was really refreshing and it's the kind of thing i'd like to hear from our manager at times. I'd imagine this approach could work well with someone like Babel, but obviously that's highly hypothetical.

Not sure why I decided to post this but I just saw the comment and it struck something inside of me...

I keep looking for signs that suggest we're moving in the right direction.

But I just can't find any.

Neither can I, Pete.

I think we're just stuck in a vicious circle.

We have owners who aren't arsed about winning the league. They just want to fill a ground every week. We have a manager who has lost his marbles somewhere between May and August. We have players at the club, who, have an absolute stinking attitude.

The solution? Fuck knows. We won't be out of the woods anytime soon.

The owners won't go until the banks put their balls in a vice. Rafa is too expensive to pay off. And Rafa isn't gauranteed the money from the sale of the shite in the squad.

Dig in lads. It looks like we'll be in this for the long haul.

Yeah I'll bet £10 he starts. (I'm not pretending I have much of a clue either.) And either way have you got the HJC e-mail address to send them money? I already owe them a fiver for when Riera didn't score weeks ago, but when I tried sending it via paypal their e-mail address didn't work. (it was on their website too.)

So yeah, 5 if Aqui starts, 15 if he doesn't.

Cool, if Aquilani starts on Sunday, i'll pay £10 to the HJC. Win-win for me; Aquilani starts then i'm more than willing to pay £10! Lucas starts, I get a bit grumpy but win a bet. ;-)

In all seriousness I think it would be unfair to expect Aquilani to start two games in a row given the time he's been out, especially considering the fact that he's not been used.

As I said though, when it comes to Rafa, nothing would surprise me.

Cool, if Aquilani starts on Sunday, i'll pay £10 to the HJC. Win-win for me; Aquilani starts then i'm more than willing to pay £10! Lucas starts, I get a bit grumpy but win a bet. ;-)

In all seriousness I think it would be unfair to expect Aquilani to start two games in a row given the time he's been out, especially considering the fact that he's not been used.

As I said though, when it comes to Rafa, nothing would surprise me.

Awesome, whatever happens though you'll have to give me the e-mail address to send them cash (for at least £5) because I've no clue what it is.

Neither can I, Pete.

Dig in lads. It looks like we'll be in this for the long haul.

I hate the thought of that but it seems likely. I can picture everybody hunkering down in a foxhole hiding from people taking the piss out of us. Until something good happens. Whatever that might be I dont know. I'm hoping that good thing might be the Mancs crumbling because of their ginormous debt, roman might leave the chavs high and dry and city will still be crap. Then we'll be alright.

We seem to be getting worse all the time. Back in Houllier-land, I'm afraid. Time to go, Rafa.

It's a shame, really - I quite like him. He seems a nice guy. But I like my football team more, and I want them to do well. We're a shambles now, sliding out of the 'Big 4' and CL places - light years away from the title.

Who would take over? Don't know. Don't really care. I've just had enough of this.

We seem to be getting worse all the time. Back in Houllier-land, I'm afraid. Time to go, Rafa.

It's a shame, really - I quite like him. He seems a nice guy. But I like my football team more, and I want them to do well. We're a shambles now, sliding out of the 'Big 4' and CL places - light years away from the title.

Who would take over? Don't know. Don't really care. I've just had enough of this.

Spot on

We're the laughing stock of England and Europe.

Humiliated home and away by European heavyweights such as Fiorentina and Lyon. Struggled (twice) against the worst team in the competition.

Out of the title race in October, out of the CL in November, out of the League Cup in October.

It really is amazing how many supporters he still has.

I take your point, but I'd still not sack him and I'm a match going fan too. Who would come here? Who could we bring in that might even come close to Rafa.

I think he deserves at least until the end of the season and I think that's exactly what he will get (at least)

There's quite a few managers out there who've won 3 out of 14:whistle:

Seriously though we really need to take a long look at whether keeping him here would be good for the club.

The players body language appears to say that he has lost them and his after match interviews are hedging towards "Ged like". I hate to see any Liverpool manager walk but right now he has the side playing like dog shit and that cannot be put down to the Yanks fault.

As bad as we have been this season - and, despite some bad luck and injured players, we have been truly atrocious at times - what stops me wanting him gone right now is that he has clearly performed better than any manager since Kenny - 2 European cup finals, and our two highest league pts totals since we last won the title, an FA Cup win, all of which in a more competitive environment (we have not been able to compete financially with 2 - now 3 - teams domestically, and more than that internationally) and with utter turmoil in the club from top to bottom.

These are not things that mean that we should turn a blind eye to his many mistakes and flaws - anybody who feels happy watching us this season, or who doesn't think that there is a problem with how we are playing is either lying to themselves or is not a fan of Liverpool FC - but these achievements indicate a manager who we would be foolish to discard so easily, unless we are certain that his replacement will be a long-term improvement.

There are managers out there who's records suggest that they may be able to improve on Benitez's achievements, but I don't think any of them would come to us right now, not without a massive change in our circumstances.

Then there are many managers who may not have the record to show for it, but could very well do an excellent job - Code and others have listed some of these in the past, and many don't sound unreasonable - but they would constitute a massive risk. Their chances of failure would be high, and they would be unlikely to be greeted with much enthusiasm by senior players, something which I think is important.

On balance, and despite having only really enjoyed watching us in 1 game in the past 4 months (which is pretty damning, by any standards), I would have to say that I don't want him gone just yet. If we continue down the slope we're on, then even waiting until the end of the season may not be justified, but, at this very moment, the alternatives just seem like a massive gamble to me and one with the odds not stacked in our favor.

There is also the fact that there is nobody at the club who I trust to select his replacement.

Guest davelfc
There's quite a few managers out there who've won 3 out of 14:whistle:

Seriously though we really need to take a long look at whether keeping him here would be good for the club.

The players body language appears to say that he has lost them and his after match interviews are hedging towards "Ged like". I hate to see any Liverpool manager walk but right now he has the side playing like dog shit and that cannot be put down to the Yanks fault.

You lost me right there.

As for Mourinho, I just saw him interviewed on Sky after their match tonight and the interviewer said:

'In Mario Ballotelli, you seem to have unearthed an incredible, young gem. Tell us about him, how good can he be?'

Mourinho: 'It depends on him, God gave him the talent. I don't know if he's ready or able to catch this gift with both hands. Sometimes it feels and looks like he doesn't want, but if he wants, he has the talent'.

Now before anyone accuses me of splurging all over Mourinho, i'm not, I just thought it was really refreshing and it's the kind of thing i'd like to hear from our manager at times. I'd imagine this approach could work well with someone like Babel, but obviously that's highly hypothetical.

Not sure why I decided to post this but I just saw the comment and it struck something inside of me...

It made me want to throw up, cheesy, mawkish and cliched, just like the man himself, in any case, I don't see how telling Babel an imaginary being has given him the talent to be great would help, the tit seems to think he's the new john Barnes as it is, pity he's actually really, really shit.