You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Rafa Exclusive in The Times

Randy Marsh

Guest ShoePiss
Well I've got the updated updated one and I can categorically tell you that last Saturday he watched the X Factor sitting in his vest and underpants eating a pot noodle.

tit

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnson

Alves

Bridge

Cole

Bosingwa

Ferreira

Bale

Off the top of me head like....

Your argument is shit mate. Your on one hand criticising Rafa for not buying quality' date=' but on the other encouraging him to buy players who may not be the best for the team in order to save a few quid. If he would have bought a full back for 7/8 million and they where another Dossena, and then bought a striker who hardly ever played for 10 to 11 million, people like you would have been the first in line to give him shit for not competing for the likes of Johnson.

You want him out. We get it. [b']If we sack him and the situation becomes even worst than it is now, I'll be sure to get in touch[/b].

Er, ok! Cool!

See you here. Or something!

And congratulations on naming just about every fullback in English football to ever sign for more than 7 or 8 million quid!

You've just proved my point! Cheers!

Like I said, there's really not very fucking many, is there?

8 million is plenty for a decent fullback. Always has been. It gets you all but a very select few, of which you've listed almost all, if not all of them, in recent years!

Rafa - Fail.

Again.

Cheers

That's what they do.

You twat them with facts, that they don't like,and instead of taking it on the chin,they start to take the piss to cover up what soft Cunts they are.

Did you know, there are no Dutch Elms left in the UK?

Disgusting...absolutely disgusting.

That's what they do.

You twat them with facts, that they don't like,and instead of taking it on the chin,they start to take the piss to cover up what soft Cunts they are.

Oi, wankstain. I was trying to introduce a bit of levity. I haven't posted any opinion on this thread, you odious turd.

Actually, that's an opinion.

who could have known that the new Italian fullback was gonna end up shit in liverpool ? no one in the world knew that when we signed him, i remember most of the people were happy that we did sign him becaue he just got into the italian team and was voted italian fullback of the year or something.

who could have known that the new Italian fullback was gonna end up shit in liverpool ? no one in the world knew that when we signed him, i remember most of the people were happy that we did sign him becaue he just got into the italian team and was voted italian fullback of the year or something.

He was never a full back though, he was wing back. You would think, whoever authorised the transfer fee would have checked this minor detail first before deciding to go ahead with the deal? It's incompetence.

Bullshit. I did.

I needed all of 30 seconds to see that he was utter fucking horse wank and I don't get paid millions of pounds to seperate the horswank from the decent players.

Guest ShoePiss
There is un updated version of the book.

Carra never refused to play at right back, he also apologised to Pellegrino.

What did you think Stumptown about rafa pulling carra and sg in and telling them he was signing robbie keane.

Wasn't that surprised. They're the most senior players in the squad.

There is un updated version of the book.

Carra never refused to play at right back, he also apologised to Pellegrino.

What did you think Stumptown about rafa pulling carra and sg in and telling them he was signing robbie keane.

I didn't think he would and nothing on this thread has convinced me otherwise. I just struggle to see a scenario where not only Carragher doesn't do what is the club's best interest but Rafa also just accepts his vice-captain dictating selection policy. It would be completly out of character for both.

Guest ShoePiss
I'm surprised Parry never pulled them in myself, after all he signed Keane.

I don't know where you're coming from here or what was the point of your original question. Tell me if you want.

He was never a full back though, he was wing back. You would think, whoever authorised the transfer fee would have checked this minor detail first before deciding to go ahead with the deal? It's incompetence.

It's well known that the manager had been trying to buy width for several seasons, especially for the left. It is also common knowledge that deals for Simao and Malouda fell through and that other deals proved to be much too expensive. We know that given our financial constraints Rafa decided to buy attacking fullbacks as the cheaper width option (and invest in another striker) hence the introduction of Degen and Dossena. Now you're saying that Dossena was a big mistake because as a wing back it was obvious that he'd struggle to adapt to playing as a more orthodox attacking fullback (and in hindsight most on here would agree with you) Yet many supporters are now saying that Johnson is too good going forward to play as an orthodox full back and should perhaps be deployed further forward on the wing. To be honest none of us really know if this will work until we try it - much like when Rafa bought Dossena obviously believing the risk (and low cost in comparison to a winger)was worthwhile.

He expected to play right back that day, there is no denying he had an argument with Pellegrino over it, but he did not refuse to play there.

If Rafa had of thrown him down on the team sheet at right back, he would have played right back, that is the truth.

Benitez said after the game that, we asked Carra to play there, being but he had no legs (or words to that effect)

This would tie in with Carra's subbed shortly after Boro's 2nd goal.

You can count on one hand the amount of times Carra as been subbed by Rafa since he's been in charge.

My view for Rafa subbing him is one of annoyance,in that Rafa had a "perfect come back" just in case Carra complained.