You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Eccleston rejects new contract

redfromtubebar

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Chimp

I missed this thread first time around - so happy I caught up with it. Dicko had me in stitches and Fugitive's "Momo radar" and Hamstrung's photo were absolute genius.

Fuck the loan, it's a crime that he's not on the bench for our matches.

We're sticking like four defenders on the bench right now. What the fuck is that shit about?

I don't think he's good enough to be in the sqaud yet. That's from watching all the reserves games this season.

A loan will help him develop.

So people re advocating just putting any forward on thebench regardless of his quality?

Kuyt is far better than Eccleston btw.

It's not about that, really. He may not be ready, but him getting five or six minutes at the end of the match is better than having another defender sat on the bench and only making two substitutions.

It's not about that, really. He may not be ready, but him getting five or six minutes at the end of the match is better than having another defender sat on the bench and only making two substitutions.

What he needs is regular, competitive match-time not piles from sitting on the bench. The reserves league is a complete joke of a competition so he won't learn enough there. . Unless a youngster is good enough to force his way into being a serious proposition as a starter he should be sent off on loan to learn the game before he stagnates.

What he needs is regular, competitive match-time not piles from sitting on the bench. The reserves league is a complete joke of a competition so he won't learn enough there. . Unless a youngster is good enough to force his way into being a serious proposition as a starter he should be sent off on loan to learn the game before he stagnates.

I'd rather we have him on the bench than an extra defender. However, I'm ok with youngsters going out on loan.

My gripe is that we're sticking four defenders, and a goalkeeper on the bench.

I'd rather we have him on the bench than an extra defender. However, I'm ok with youngsters going out on loan.

My gripe is that we're sticking four defenders, and a goalkeeper on the bench.

But wasn't one of the four Dossena? Who is currently looking our best available replacement at LM?

Agreed. It's not fucking ice hockey, we can't put on a new defense if the first one isn't working anyway.

2 defenders should be more than enough on the bench.