You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

tooth abscess help?

Christianlfc

My wisdom tooth pushed through my gum about 6 months ago. From its birth it was fragile. About a week ago it broke in half and now I've developed this massive abscess. I went to my dentist to discover he got raped in the recession and shut down.

Its a sandwich bar now to my annoyance because I really wanted a sandwich but I needed my dentist to fix my tooth so I can chew again.

Anyway it was a waste of a day off sick. As i'm agency employed now I don't get paid for taking time off sick so I registered with another dentist who cant fit me in for 5 days. I'm on my own until then and i seriously need pain relief and swelling reduction tricks. I'm willing to try everything.

I've Tried

1.Salt Water

2.Antiseptic mouthwash

3.Bursting it! <----- Bad Call. Cried like a girl.

My wisdom tooth pushed through my gum about 6 months ago. From its birth it was fragile. About a week ago it broke in half and now I've developed this massive abscess. I went to my dentist to discover he got raped in the recession and shut down.

Its a sandwich bar now to my annoyance because I really wanted a sandwich but I needed my dentist to fix my tooth so I can chew again.

Anyway it was a waste of a day off sick. As i'm agency employed now I don't get paid for taking time off sick so I registered with another dentist who cant fit me in for 5 days. I'm on my own until then and i seriously need pain relief and swelling reduction tricks. I'm willing to try everything.

I've Tried

1.Salt Water

2.Antiseptic mouthwash

Chew full garlic cloves.. you'll smell like a bastard but after 3 -4 cloves every 4-5 hours you'll get by until your appointment..

I've Tried

1.Salt Water

2.Antiseptic mouthwash

Go to your GP or the out of hours. They pull their face at having to deal with dental stuff, but they will give you antibiotics and painkillers if you tell them you can't be seen for a few days.

Guest ShoePiss

I've Tried

1.Salt Water

2.Antiseptic mouthwash

Of course, this is the right place for medical treatment. You'll need anti-biotics since an abscess is an infection, from wiki it looks like doxycycline will work but I didn't check if that was for a skin abscess or dental.

After the infection has died down the dentist will treat it, personally from that sound of that I'd pull it. Those wisdom teeth can be tricky.

For the pain relief I googled pain relief for dental abscess and this link looks good :- Home Remedies for Toothache Pain Relief

You're lucky I'm a qualified Electronic Engineer.

He'll have a job finding garlic cloves in any shops at this time of year, safe than sorry and all that.

errrrr will he? I believe I've missed your joke here, clearly at my expense but dur????

Think I'm having exceptional blonde night tonight!!!!

Honestly, chew garlic just try it and if you're not back on here in 2 hours thanking me I'll eat zeeks shoes!

The reason that garlic can be effective in relieving the pain of toothache is almost certainly the allicin - a compound with a powerful antibiotic effect that is released when garlic is crushed. It is possible that this could slow down any bacteria involved, however it is unlikely that garlic alone could halt decay.

Of course, this is the right place for medical treatment. You'll need anti-biotics since an abscess is an infection, from wiki it looks like doxycycline will work but I didn't check if that was for a skin abscess or dental.

After the infection has died down the dentist will treat it, personally from that sound of that I'd pull it. Those wisdom teeth can be tricky.

For the pain relief I googled pain relief for dental abscess and this link looks good :- Home Remedies for Toothache Pain Relief

You're lucky I'm a qualified Electronic Engineer.

Only on the GF could advice be offered for a dental problem by an engineer after a Google search and the help of Wiki!

Have some rep

He'll have a job finding garlic cloves in any shops at this time of year, safe than sorry and all that.

errrrr will he? I believe I've missed your joke here, clearly at my expense but dur????

Think I'm having exceptional blonde night tonight!!!!

Honestly, chew garlic just try it and if you're not back on here in 2 hours thanking me I'll eat zeeks shoes!

The reason that garlic can be effective in relieving the pain of toothache is almost certainly the allicin - a compound with a powerful antibiotic effect that is released when garlic is crushed. It is possible that this could slow down any bacteria involved, however it is unlikely that garlic alone could halt decay.

It's the 31st of October tomorrow and I'l be fucked if I'm sitting in my living room watching corrie in my slippers when Bram stokers wet dream comes knocking.