You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Man of the match - Game 15 - Arsenal - Away - CC

Morse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised by the inclusion of Skrtel and the Greek, thought they were awful.

Can you say that with a straight face, and then have Voronin at 2nd, and Plessis at 3rd?

I have rarerly seen a more inept performance than what Voronin showed today? Especially in the first half he did improve in the 2nd, but he was pretty rubbish overall.

I am surprised with the amount of votes N`gog have got. Thought he did very well in the first, but totally invicible in the 2nd half.

Guess that is the beauty of the game, how completely different we see performances.

Can you say that with a straight face, and then have Voronin at 2nd, and Plessis at 3rd?

I have rarerly seen a more inept performance than what Voronin showed today? Especially in the first half he did improve in the 2nd, but he was pretty rubbish overall.

I am surprised with the amount of votes N`gog have got. Thought he did very well in the first, but totally invicible in the 2nd half.

Guess that is the beauty of the game, how completely different we see performances.

Voronin was involved in almost everything we created going forward, he did misplace a few passes as usual and is sometimes to "clever" for his own good.

Plessis did alright I think, kept posession through doing it easy, broke up play a bit and made a few tackles, did what he was supposed to do in his role.

Players giving the ball away easily is something of a pet hate for me, especially if its an unforced error, and I think Plessis did a decent job tonight.

From the videos Ive seen of the game, namely Aquilanis highlights in his thread and the goal on sky, mine would have to be:

1. Aquilani

2. Insua for his goal

3. Degen for his sweet cross after Aquilanis sweet pass.

I second this. That pass made me cream my pants. Insua's goal was great, however I have a feeling Aquilani will be showing his quality like this quite regularly. His bicycle kick looked to be going in too, would have been a cracking 15mins debut.

Degen also rocked the right channel, he looks like good backup for Johnson.

1. Degen - bizarre, I know.

2. Ngog - almost as weird, too.

3. Aquilani - for, if not putting Red minds at rest everywhere (his fitness is far from assured and it was only 20 minutes, after all), at least showing that he's a player.

Speo is unlucky to miss out - I love the way he never hides and his decision making is spot on for a lad his age - and Insua likewise as his goal was wonderful.

1. Degen - Maybe a little shaky defending, but going forward was a revelation albeit against a young side

2. N'Gog - I like this lad. Showed some good touches. maybe could have stayed a bit more central, but was winning balls and battling well.

3. Aquilani - Just for coming on and being well up for it. It has been a long wait and the first impressions are very good indeed. Should also have won a penalty following his overhead kick.