You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Our worst midfield partnership ever...

Josef Svejk

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plessis and Lucas at Spurs last season.

*shudders*

Anytime Paul Stewart entered the centre circle... Istwan Kozma + 1 would provide stiff competition as well... I think I agree with the second poster, we've definitely had worse...

Grrrr, wrong qoute! Ah well, I guess you know what I mean.

Some people are taking way too much pleasure in Spearing not having a great game yesterday. When did not backing a young local lad become de rigueur?

I think it's petty revenge stuff for what some see as over the top abuse of Lucas on here.

It's pretty fucking lame regardless though.

Some people are taking way too much pleasure in Spearing not having a great game yesterday. When did not backing a young local lad become de rigueur?

Agreed, but the "local" bit shouldn't matter. If its a young lad playing for us he should get our support regardles of where he's from.

Agreed, but the "local" bit shouldn't matter. If its a young lad playing for us he should get our support regardles of where he's from.

It's only natural that local people will have that extra motivation to see local lads do well. You're right that it shouldn't affect the judgement of other players, but as I say, it's just a natural facet to football, in my view.

It's only natural that local people will have that extra motivation to see local lads do well. You're right that it shouldn't affect the judgement of other players, but as I say, it's just a natural facet to football, in my view.

It wasn't for Jimmy Melia in the sixties, or Sammy Lee or Gary Ablett.

way too harsh on jay spearing, he might not be the best young player out there but he was thrown in at the deep end. his 'senior partner' if you can call him that goes missing almost every game he plays. its hardly his fault we lost, there were players playing yesterday with tonnes of games under there belt who didnt perform. laying into a young lad is pathetic