You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Should Carra be dropped?  

74 members have voted

1. 1. Should Carra be dropped?

• Yes
    • No
    • Droppings too good for him; shoot him in the face

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO

I don't think you can blame our defensive performances solely on Carragher.

Insua is young and raw but will get better.

Skrtel is having a bad run

The midfield is exactly taken any pressure of the back four.

Rafa's selection in the champs league last week wasn't his best.

To blame Carragher and only Carragher is naive at best. Dropping Carragher would only expose a lack of character the team does not have yet this season.

Lets stop this mindless witch hunt.

Two words that should have gone together in a sentence, Skrtel has been just as bad.

Indeed.

I would go as far to suggest that Carra's been too busy fire-fighting and filling gaps that have been left by Magic, Skittles, and Insua, all of whom have been found wanting defensively this season, and that has led to him making "mistakes".

Some bellends have been waiting 9 years to rekindle their Carra antipathy.

If Sami was still here then you could possibly make the case for Carra to be dropped, but the truth is, as bad as Carraghers been playing he is still our best out and out defender.

The most annoying bit of business for me this summer was us missing out on Michael Turner who was sold for 6 million pounds! instead we signed Kyrgiakos for 2 million but is clearly not of a good enough standard for the Premier League.

How dare anyone criticise Carragher, judging by the negs I have received on this topic.

It's like when people were not allowed to criticise Houiller on here at times.

Carragher has been poor - deal with it.

How dare anyone criticise Carragher, judging by the negs I have received on this topic.

It's like when people were not allowed to criticise Houiller on here at times.

Carragher has been poor - deal with it.

Yes he has been poor. But I negged you for the pathetic way which you slated him and the unfounded "hoof" accusations. And I'll neg you again when I can in return for your half-baked revenge neg. And that neg will be because you are a nork.

Yes he has been poor. But I negged you for the pathetic way which you slated him and the unfounded "hoof" accusations. And I'll neg you again when I can in return for your half-baked revenge neg. And that neg will be because you are a nork.

I will do it for you as a special favour.

And cos he's a bellend.

NEGGED!

Interesting Poll and of course he should be dropped on the basis Agger is fit enough to return.

If your basing it on purely football decisions and using your brain instead of your heart and basing your decision what is right for the team today and not what Carra did yesterday then he has to be dropped.

Heart says keep him in the team Head says if your want to save our Season drop him and bring Agger in now.

I love Carra's honesty and the fact that he takes ownership of his performances. No bullshit, no excuses, just open and honest.

It would be nice if some other players had the same attitude. He's also spot on, it's how many games you win that determine the Champions, not how many you lose.

Jamie Carragher has vowed to return to his defensive best after enduring a difficult start to the 2009-10 campaign.

The Reds vice-captain admits he has struggled to hit peak form so far this season but insists it won't be long before both he, and the Liverpool rearguard, are back amongst the shut-outs.

"We aren't playing well as a back four and I'm not playing well personally," Carragher told Liverpoolfc.tv. "I need to hit better form and hopefully that will come in the next few games.

"Over the last five or six years we have been renowned as a team who have kept a lot of clean sheets and for keeping it tight. I think that's why we get a bit more criticism because people don't expect it of Liverpool - and rightly so.

"We take the plaudits when things are going well so you have to take the criticism when it's not going well.

"I know I need to improve myself and we also need to improve as a team."

Rafael Benitez's men head into the international break knowing that no side has won the title after losing three of their first eight league games since Manchester United in 1967.

Carragher accepts Liverpool's start has made the quest for title number 19 more difficult, but points to another statistic as reason for optimism.

"You can shape statistics to make them look however you want them to," he said. "We've now got the same points as Manchester United had at this point last season. That's another statistic you could look at because they went on to win the league with 90-odd points.

"Whatever statistic you throw at us, we know we haven't made a good start. We don't need to look at them because we know ourselves that we haven't performed as well as we would have liked in certain games. We now have to put that right.

"Points are what matter and how many you end up with at the end of the season. We've lost six games in our previous two Premier League seasons.

"To lose that many in 76 games - that's some achievement and yet we still haven't won the league. Man United have lost more than us and won the league for the past two years.

"So as far as we are concerned it's now all about getting points on the board."

Carra should play on through this to regain top form. If Agger was fit and firing then it might be more tempting to 'rest' Carra, but since Agger is not quite there we should back Jamie to come good. I think he will, though obviously it is up to Carra to stay at top form to keep the future at bay.