You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

So the Question Everyone wants to ask

Red Nick

But dare not

But that attention seekinng Whore Red Nick is prepared to go where others wont and the question is a very simple one.

Is Carra passed it?

I was worried about him at the end of last season but put it down to fatigue.

However his performance level this season seem to indicate that hsi best days are well behind him.

So will Carra return to some kind of form or is he passed it

Disscuss

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With each passing game I get more concerned. It's quite clear IMO the end is nigh for Carragher as we know him, and he will play the Hyypia role very soon.

I hope I'm wrong and we still get a few more years of top class football from him, but It would be wrong to say I'm not worried.

I hinted at this in my comment on the match thread. When we signed Skrtel I thought the future would be him and Agger, and that it would be up to Carra maintaining his high standards to keep the future at bay. Agger's injury is keeping Carra in the side at the moment IMO.

Far too early to put Carra out to grass yet though. No one else has been fit enough or good enough thus far to displace him from the side. But if Agger can't get fit and back to top form in a good run of games, we will have to buy a commanding centre back as we do seem to be vulnerable in that area at the moment.

But dare not

But that attention seekinng Whore Red Nick is prepared to go where others wont and the question is a very simple one.

Is Carra passed it?

I was worried about him at the end of last season but put it down to fatigue.

However his performance level this season seem to indicate that hsi best days are well behind him.

So will Carra return to some kind of form or is he passed it

Disscuss

No, the question is why did we wear the euro away today instead of the league black away!?

Guest Dog Chaser

I think Carragher's legs are going, however he is clever enough up stairs to be one step ahead of the opposition and his game reading and leadership are second to none. The future is definately Agger and Skrtel but one of these two will have to take on the role of Carra in terms of marshalling the backline.

No not at all.

He may not have been at his best tonight but to say he's past it because of a few mistakes this season is jumping the gun a bit i think.

The major reason why some people think he may be past it is because of the super human efforts he has put in over the last few seasons and any dip ih form at all has people looking for reasons for the dip in form that simply are not there!

I think Carra has already proved in some games this season and will prove agian during the seaosn that he will remain to be a cornerstone of our team for the next few years.

How so? I understand the issues with Jamie, but I'm not sure why Skrtel is suddenly an automatic choice alongside Agger? I'd take Jamie over him now, poor form or not. He's vastly overrated.

Maybe you are right. Skrtel started his Liverpool career very well and quickly cemented a top reputation that possibly exceeds his play on the pitch. He is a good player though not world class.

It is touch and go whether I would have Carra or Skrtel alongside a fit and on form Agger. If the suspicion that Carra is slightly on the wane is proved correct then Skrtel would get the nod from me.

He's far from past it, but it's only natural for a player to reach the wrong side of 30 and see their game change. He peaked around 2005-2007, and that period may have been extended had he played at centre back much sooner in his career. At 31 he's not especially old, but he's played a hell of a lot of football in his career without too many spells on the sidelines - even when he broke his leg he was only out for 3 months or so.

For the past 18 months or so he has started to make silly mistakes and get caught out more often. I think it's partly down to age but also because he's never had any proper competition. He knows he'll be starting every week which even for the most professional of players it isn't a good thing. And it's not good in that he rarely gets a proper rest either.

I don't think he's past it, but we need to be thinking about who is going to be out long term defensive partnership. In the short term, he needs a big kick up the arse.

He is looking ropey up to now this season but I would give him the benefit of the doubt becasue he has been a fucking great player for us and I hope to see him back to his best soon. I hope.

Unfortunately results aren't decided on past performances, they are based on the NOW. The center back partnership is up for grabs that much is for sure.