You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Arbeloa

Brownie

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ramos will be upfront no matter what anyone says, their defence is going to be comedy, if teams dont do the bend over routine like they do with the mancs here i reckon they can frustrate them and they just have to hope the individual brilliance doesnt catch them out

I think their stars will shine more games than not but i am backing Barca for the title.

Sad to see him go, but seems he wanted to. Don't really understand how people can say it was a mistake not to have given him a new contract when as far as we know he didn't want a new one. The only thing I would say is that I would rather he had stayed a year and gone on a free than for us to take less than £5M for him, and in a world cup year I doubt he would have given less than 100%. But there it is. Good luck Bob Loblaw, unless you play us.

Sad to see him go, but seems he wanted to. Don't really understand how people can say it was a mistake not to have given him a new contract when as far as we know he didn't want a new one. The only thing I would say is that I would rather he had stayed a year and gone on a free than for us to take less than £5M for him, and in a world cup year I doubt he would have given less than 100%. But there it is. Good luck Bob Loblaw.

Finally, someone gets it.

Fantastic player and one of the gents of the team it seems. I am stil pissed off Carra had a go at him. Good luck Bob.

Not how I would describe him. A good solid pro and a good buy but by no means fantastic. The only thing fantastic about Bob and it is not a dig, was his goal celebrations, now they were fantastic.

Not defending Carra but that is why he has been with us all his life and Bob has gone, passion I call it and I will never knock a man for that.

Sad to see him go, but seems he wanted to. Don't really understand how people can say it was a mistake not to have given him a new contract when as far as we know he didn't want a new one. The only thing I would say is that I would rather he had stayed a year and gone on a free than for us to take less than £5M for him, and in a world cup year I doubt he would have given less than 100%. But there it is. Good luck Bob Loblaw, unless you play us.

Surely the point is that if he didn't want to sign a new contract , we then offer him for sale. Last summer we would have got £7m minimum.

After the McManaman / Owen debacles the club said that no player would get to wind their contracts beyond 2 years left. At that point they would either sign a new one or be sold.

Don't have a problem with Bob , just our pathetic business efforts.

This is me just thinking out loud, but....

Last summer, Bob says to Rafa that he'll not be signing a new contract and he'd like a move back to Spain. Rafa tells him to hang on for another season, as it'd give him more time to find a replacement, and if an offer comes in from Spain then, he's free to leave.

Bob plays for another season, is allowed run down his contract, and gets his dream move to Madrid.

Maybe Rafa's not a cunt, eh?!

And as a little extra, maybe that's why Carra had a cut off him. He knew he was leaving, so figured he wasn't putting it in as he was off anyway.

Best of luck Bob.

It was actually painful to see those pics on realmadrid.com where he was smiling and showing "thumbs up" to the camera.... He's a sound lad, and a good versatile player, and I will deffo miss his ace goal celebrations.

I've actually seen HIM score his only Anfield goal aswell...

goodbye Bob!

This is me just thinking out loud, but....

Last summer, Bob says to Rafa that he'll not be signing a new contract and he'd like a move back to Spain. Rafa tells him to hang on for another season, as it'd give him more time to find a replacement, and if an offer comes in from Spain then, he's free to leave.

Bob plays for another season, is allowed run down his contract, and gets his dream move to Madrid.

Maybe Rafa's not a cunt, eh?!

And as a little extra, maybe that's why Carra had a cut off him. He knew he was leaving, so figured he wasn't putting it in as he was off anyway.

Best of luck Bob.

A reasonable sensible opinion. Good post.

George Costanza I hope your right in that extra money.