You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

JRD7

I've sent my letters mate but that will really do fuck all. Look at us, we're all divided. the power is within the fan base not the banks. Moores could be a figurehead to rally behind. I don't want that cunt anywhere near Anfield but he could serve a purpose.

When there are this many different factions, within the same group of people who want the same thing0, it generally comes down to lack of leadership in my experience. Trying to create some temporary leadership is not a bad idea - again, only my opinion.

Your right to say we need a figurehead to rallyround but Moores isnt that. I could never ever support him to stand up for the rights of the Liverpools fans after what he has done to the club.

We need someone like Phil Thompson or King Kenny for the fans to rally behind.

If you look at this forum there are two points of view on nearly every subject with the RBS situation getting differeing view unfortunately at the moment it is very much divided we fall

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've sent my letters mate but that will really do fuck all. Look at us, we're all divided. the power is within the fan base not the banks. Moores could be a figurehead to rally behind. I don't want that cunt anywhere near Anfield but he could serve a purpose.

When there are this many different factions, within the same group of people who want the same thing0, it generally comes down to lack of leadership in my experience. Trying to create some temporary leadership is not a bad idea - again, only my opinion.

Anyone but him though.

Maybe an ex player? Fuck knows.

The sad fact is we're all guilty as each other for letting it get to this stage. SOS started off with good intentions, but didn't really follow anything through.

We should have hounded these cunts out by now, by whatever means necessary, but people just went back to their own ways, buying merchandise and going to the games. The two cunts returned and attended games again. Now it's all too late.

That's a little more succinct than mine but he could help turn the apathetic fans against the current owners.

People have done such a character assassination on him that the fans won't rally around him. The only person they would rally around is Kenny.

Well if he doesn't reply, he doesn't reply. I agree but I don't think for one minute he intentionally fucked us over. He was conned, he saw pound signs and believed he could earn more and we'd be alright.

If he doesn't reply then I'll deliver it personally.

I doubt you'll hear anything there will be non-disclosure agreements, legal memos etc galore that will prevent him doing anything.

People have done such a character assassination on him that the fans won't rally around him. The only person they would rally around is Kenny.

No chance of Kenny getting involved. Especially if he's gonna be on the Anfield payroll soon. Possibly Thommo or Hansen? Someone who has a high profile in the media and could get others involved.

Anyone know if SOS tried to recruit/gain the support of any ex players to boost their campaigning?

Why are all the tags on most threads saying Tom Ross is a bald twat?

Wel he is bald, and, well...

Seriously though, someone obviously decided they don't like him and decided to shit out of saying it on the forum. This genius prolly hasn't realised that mods can see who wrote the tag.

I really don't know what to think about Moores. Obviously I'm angry with him for selling us to these two cunts but did Moores really think it would turn out this bad? I honestly don't think so.

After DIC walked away, I think he panicked and sold us to the twats after "believing" their words. Well, it is pretty obvious that he didn't do any homework on them but I just think he must have thought things will just turn out "allright" with the Americans in charge. I really don't think he sold to the twats purely for money - this is only my opinion of course. I think his head got turned against DIC (most likely by the snake Parry) and when they walked away, I think he just panicked and sold us to the twats.

I know it probably won't ever happen but I would love to hear from him. I would love to hear the fundamental idea behind selling the club to these two cunts. If he came out and said things publicly and honestly, he MIGHT win some fans back - definitely not me though.

Guest davelfc
David Moores is thick. Seriously, he won't be able to read your letter.

I'm not joking, he's as thick as they come.

I hear he still hasn't planted those beans he got for the club, probably ate most of them on the way home.

David Moores is thick. Seriously, he won't be able to read your letter.

I'm not joking, he's as thick as they come.

Aye. He is thick but I don't think he is money minded.

Thinking about it, him and Parry are the worst things that happened to us - even worse than Gillett and Hicks. Still cannot believe they waited for so long when they could have built a new stadium for £80 fucking million. Fucking thick cunts. The stadium would have paid for itself by now and we could have been literally debt free by now. All that money spent going round the world and hiring companies looking for investment would have contributed to half of the cost of the stadium.

Aye. He is thick but I don't think he is money minded.

Thinking about it, him and Parry are the worst things that happened to us - even worse than Gillett and Hicks. Still cannot believe they waited for so long when they could have built a new stadium for £80 fucking million. Fucking thick cunts. The stadium would have paid for itself by now and we could have been literally debt free by now. All that money spent going round the world and hiring companies looking for investment would have contributed to half of the cost of the stadium.

Exactly, it isn't even about money.

He's just incredibly inept, he's worse than that baby whose head of that tissue company.

My fucking dog would be able to better a job.

Wether he's thick or not the reality is Moores lied to all of us with the sale to those 2 cunts, if he wants any sort of redemption he should be supporting the SOS campaign and going to the RBS and MP's etc to help get rid of them. I dont hold out any hope with him to be honest and I reckon Parry will leave with a pay off and gagging clause, so would'nt expect anything there either.

Can we not start sending these letters? Or better still take an ad out in the Echo a full page letter?

The letter isn't finished - it's a first draft and needs more work. I do however like the idea of a fuck load of fans turning up at his house to deliver individual copies.

Guest davelfc
We should print out about 20,000 of these letters and post them to his house individually.... make sure he listens..... get this on the SOS page to download and send like they did for the RBS one.

Also send it to every single media outlet.

The thick cunt would probably just think it was his birthday.

Just a quick question.

Hasn't the Echo been looked at as a potential for a piece like this but was rejected by the paper as they have to remain impartial and are unable to throw their weight behind a cause like this?

Just a quick question.

Hasn't the Echo been looked at as a potential for a piece like this but was rejected by the paper as they have to remain impartial and are unable to throw their weight behind a cause like this?

They can't do anything if we take it out as an advertisement...

Guest The Chimp
I seem to recall Moores being invited to one of the Olympia meetings, needless to say he declined.

A real shame that.

If he'd have held his hands up and said "look lads, I've messed up royally here, but I'm going to try and make ammends" he would have still quite righty got a load of verbals but he'd also have gotten some credit and proved perhaps that he did truly love the club as much as he professes. Here we are now, and not even a peep. He's done nothing at all to rectify his mistake, and let's be honest here, this whole situation is of Moores' making; it's his mistake. For me, he's the biggest villain here. Being thick doesn't cut it, and nor should we allow it too. It's much too late for him to salvage any sympathy, but the least he could do, is speak out and put the pressure on - the Lionel-Richie-loving, Freddie-Boswell-looking, self-serving shithouse.

We should print out about 20,000 of these letters and post them to his house individually.... make sure he listens..... get this on the SOS page to download and send like they did for the RBS one.

Also send it to every single media outlet.

If you have his email or postal address can you post it on the site mate

think the letter is a good idea certainly better than sittin on your arse browsing the net hoping for good news

think its a bit too hard in the middle almost threatening - if you want the guy to reply then you need to be more sympathetic

Like many I dont think Moores wanted to shaft the club for money - I think he'd just had enough grief of knowing he wasn't doing a good enough job - he'd been trying to find the right buyer for ages - was really struggling in a business sense and knew we were falling behind

- also dont think he had the strength to take many of the hard decisons needed to turn the club around so he had to move on

Gillette was and is a very 'likeable' character he can come across very convincing and personable - and had glowing reports from Montreal - whilst DIC I'd guess are the opposite - very business like, different culture and probably not at all 'reassuring' - the leaked memo would have played on all of Moores fears and nice granpa George would have been on hand to offer him a way out

I'd guess the home work on Hicks was basically non-existant - granps would have been the face of the bid and Hicks would just have been 'bankrolling' the finance needed - dont see this as Moores responsibility he paid Parry to do the thinking

once the deal was done though then it quickly became clear that Hicks wanted a major role - even on the first press conference it was clear Hicks was way behind Gillette in terms of knowing what to say

Problem is I don't see Moores as able to lead anything - he might be able to turn some heads bring on board more of those who just want to go the game or bury their heads in the sand - so he'd need to be part of something

Ex-players likewise couldn't organise what is required here - both Moores and the ex-players would need to be part of something bigger

the only real options are SOS and Shareliverpool - and you can see from the time they've taken to organise - that the time taken takes all the fire and fight out of people - just leaves frustration and anger - splinter groups, petty politics

the only real chance i could see of putting genuine presure on the two would be a boycott of games people acting when their blood was boiling - season tickets would need to be thrown back in their faces - so no chance - the fans have already made it clear they wouldn't do that -

everything else is going to be small beer, SOS are the only real option to exert gradual pressure obtain a few small victories become the fans voice in the media, keep the larger support informed, educate them if possible

If its worth sending a letter to Moores its also got to be worth sending one to Parry - presumably he's had to sign some confidentiality agreements but with the crap he's had to take from Hicks maybe he'd be more willing to spill the beans - his reputation has suffered badly - if he could put his side of the story maybe it could add some pressure