You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

A thread about a man named Xabi

dave u

What to do?  

239 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• Buy Dave House, Gerrard centre mid, go 442.
    • Buy Augero, Gerrard centre mid, stay 4231.
    • Gerrard in the hole, buy centre mid, stay 4231
    • Don’t care, kill Rafa, burn down RBS

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right.

Your whole routine is based on reading other peoples views and playing shitty little game of devil's advocate whilst never offfering an opinion.

I'd rather be a mad cunt than a sad cunt Cardie.

Was that a I know you are but what am I defence rash?

HE ONLY WANTS HIM TO STAY NOW BECAUSE HE MISSED OUT ON BARRY! Up until a month ago, he was happy to sell him!

So!

He's the Manager, he can do what he like if HE thinks it benefits the team,who do you support Liverpool or Xabi Alonso?

Rashid, you have become Indecisive Dave from the Fast Show. All you do now is enthusiastically parrot the views of those members on this forum whom you desperately want to fit in with and befriend, and thus 'belong'. It really is quite embarrassingly desperate.

Beautifully put.

The silly Cunt would side with Moyes/Ferguson/Wenger etc etc if it meant getting more Brownie points from the Anti Rafa brigade on here.

I'd be interested to hear what phone calls Rafa has made in the last 6/12 months offering Alonso to other clubs, and who these clubs are. Not that I doubt it happened, I just wasn't aware of it (and surprised this didn't come out a couple of months ago when it was nailed on by everyone that Xabi is leaving).

I'd be interested to hear what phone calls Rafa has made in the last 6/12 months offering Alonso to other clubs, and who these clubs are. Not that I doubt it happened, I just wasn't aware of it (and surprised this didn't come out a couple of months ago when it was nailed on by everyone that Xabi is leaving).

Indeed .. :whistle:

Rafa can do no wrong! Give it up guys its embarassing.

Please show us where anybody has said that Rafa can do no wrong.

And are you going to say that before this last season, he'd been a top performer for the previous 2?

Granted he'd had injury issues, but 2 seasons off the boil for anyone else and you'd have offered to personally pay for their air fare out of Liverpool.

Please show us where anybody has said that Rafa can do no wrong.

And are you going to say that before this last season, he'd been a top performer for the previous 2?

Granted he'd had injury issues, but 2 seasons off the boil for anyone else and you'd have offered to personally pay for their air fare out of Liverpool.

Or want him sold in 2008 . . . .

http://www.liverpoolway.co.uk/forum/ff-football-forum/55647-chris-bascombe-43.html#post990605

The hypocrisy is sublime.

Edited by Thants

Why such the fuss? Rafa is the manager hence he should choose who he wants to sell.

I think people are playing little power games here and using Xabi as a proxy for their anger at the manager. But what's the point? It might have been worthwhile when there was a chance of forcing Rafa out last year but there isn't a chance of that anymore - he's just signed a long contract.

So from what I can tell it must be just an exercise of protecting the ego. 'Rafa's a cunt he's selling Xabi so I'll bloody well keep banging this drum'. But then come the end of the summer once we finally know if Xabi has or hasn't been sold what happens to the debate then? Does it turn to new reasons for Rafa being a cunt? I imagine it will go like this: 'I'll judge Rafa at the end of the season, but I think because we sold Xabi (which is Rafa's fault) we won't win the league therefore Rafa should go'.

So as I say, all this arguing over Xabi is really just arguing over the manager and until we win the league this argument won't go away. Personally I believe if we got behind the man (now he is on a long contract) the chance of that happening is more likely.

I don't have a problem with the manager making decisions about players; that's his job and I totally understand that. I have an opinion on the validity of those decisions though.

I may be totally wrong, and selling Xabi Alonso may improve the team but I highly doubt it. I've said it a million times on here - i'm only interested in what the manager does to give the team the best chance of winning.

I'm not always right and i'm big enough to admit that. I wanted us to play Keane and Torres up front with Gerrard in centre midfield last season but in hindsight that was wrong because the team functions much better with Gerrard behind Torres. I got that wrong (as did Rafa) but that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to my view about potential comings and goings.

Rafa can do whatever he wants but when his actions lead to a potential weakening of the team, then that concerns me and i'll say so. I think it's hilarious that people seem to think i'm 'anti-Rafa' when i've never called for his head, have praised him at the end of the last two seasons and am open and honest about his achievements - I was posting about how pleased I am that we've signed Glen Johnson this week, but that seems to have been ignored! Surely if I was anti-Rafa i'd be kicking up a fuss about the fee?

Why such the fuss? Rafa is the manager hence he should choose who he wants to sell.

I think people are playing little power games here and using Xabi as a proxy for their anger at the manager. But what's the point? It might have been worthwhile when there was a chance of forcing Rafa out last year but there isn't a chance of that anymore - he's just signed a long contract.

So from what I can tell it must be just an exercise of protecting the ego. 'Rafa's a cunt he's selling Xabi so I'll bloody well keep banging this drum'. But then come the end of the summer once we finally know if Xabi has or hasn't been sold what happens to the debate then? Does it turn to new reasons for Rafa being a cunt? I imagine it will go like this: 'I'll judge Rafa at the end of the season, but I think because we sold Xabi (which is Rafa's fault) we won't win the league therefore Rafa should go'.

So as I say, all this arguing over Xabi is really just arguing over the manager and until we win the league this argument won't go away. Personally I believe if we got behind the man (now he is on a long contract) the chance of that happening is more likely.

[YOUTUBE]J2yK-NUyAIY[/YOUTUBE]

Please substantiate, for example, evidence of the last time .. :whistle:

They won't, because they can't.

The only one who's come close was ATK who said Xabi's agent found out and told Xabi (which according to those 'in the know' was the last straw for xabi).

The same agent who will make a fortune if this deal goes ahead.

And yet people still believe this version of events (and pass it off as FACT) over the word of our manager who has repeatedly stated that he wants Xabi to stay.

I don't have a problem with the manager making decisions about players; that's his job and I totally understand that. I have an opinion on the validity of those decisions though.

I may be totally wrong, and selling Xabi Alonso may improve the team but I highly doubt it. I've said it a million times on here - i'm only interested in what the manager does to give the team the best chance of winning.

I'm not always right and i'm big enough to admit that. I wanted us to play Keane and Torres up front with Gerrard in centre midfield last season but in hindsight that was wrong because the team functions much better with Gerrard behind Torres. I got that wrong (as did Rafa) but that doesn't mean i'm not entitled to my view about potential comings and goings.

Rafa can do whatever he wants but when his actions lead to a potential weakening of the team, then that concerns me and i'll say so. I think it's hilarious that people seem to think i'm 'anti-Rafa' when i've never called for his head, have praised him at the end of the last two seasons and am open and honest about his achievements - I was posting about how pleased I am that we've signed Glen Johnson this week, but that seems to have been ignored! Surely if I was anti-Rafa i'd be kicking up a fuss about the fee?

Good post - i disagree with you but i can't see too much wrong with the above.

It's all to do with opinions; we all have our own and it's good to debate them

Anyone?