You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Steven Cohen - just received this.

Kopite

It wasn't true. It was one lad who banged on the side of the ambulance.

Neither was the cup full of shit at the same game.

The fact that he got a standing ovation as he was being stretchered off is obviously forgotten about then...

Yeah, but what's the point in the truth when you need a stick to bang someone with.

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has it occured to anyone that he might actually enjoy spouting this crap, everyones saying he's ignorant and refuses to read up on the facts, but he comes across as the sort of vile prick who enjoys the fact that he can cause Liverpool fans grief, he may already have had a deeply rooted prejudice against scousers(like McKenzie) and will twist facts just to attempt to influence others to view them in a negative light. He clearly couldn't give a flying fuck whether or not he offends anyone, he probably enjoys doing so anyway, there should be no space for tits like him on air, that 'apology' was a disgrace and he obviously didn't mean it, he needs to be taken off air. I'll do my bit by sending off some e-mails to his sponsors, I've been procrastinating as I do with everything else, but I'll get this done.

I take it that the 'freedom of speech' Steve Cohen speaks of with such obvious passion and pride would be the same 'freedom of speech' that is denied to those who insist that the murder of millions of Jews didn't take place in Europe between 1939 and 1945. The liberty to say what you think does have parameters. Those boundaries are overstepped when what you say has no basis in generally accepted fact and is said only to cause insult and suffering to those to whom your words are directed. As David Irvine is, quite rightly, held in opprobrium around the world for his deranged views, it would be interesting to know if Cohen feels that such a widespread censure is appropriate for another fucking crank who is just expressing his 'freedom of speech'.

I take it that the 'freedom of speech' Steve Cohen speaks of with such obvious passion and pride would be the same 'freedom of speech' that is denied to those who insist that the murder of millions of Jews didn't take place in Europe between 1939 and 1945. The liberty to say what you think does have parameters. Those boundaries are overstepped when what you say has no basis in generally accepted fact and is said only to cause insult and suffering to those to whom your words are directed. As David Irvine is, quite rightly, held in opprobrium around the world for his deranged views, it would be interesting to know if Cohen feels that such a widespread censure is appropriate for another fucking crank who is just expressing his 'freedom of speech'.

Exactly!

Anti-Semitic, racist, and homophobic language is heavily monitored and punished.....if he had denied the Holocaust -- for example -- he would have been fired immediately because the public outcry would have received play in the press and people who know nothing about soccer/football would have gotten involved.

But, yes, freedom of speech (First Amendment rights) allows a lot of leeway. Recently a popular American DJ called a women's college basketball team a group of "nappy-headed hos." There was a huge outcry (as there always is with racial remarks by people in the media), and he was eventually suspended for several weeks.

Odious remarks about Hillsborough, on the other hand, are extremely unlikely to result in Cohen getting fired. Americans have a sensitivity to racist language, but only about 0.05% of the population knows anything about Hillsborough, so a small-time DJ making inaccurate statements about it is highly unlikely to result in anything more than sponsors backing out and an apology being demanded of him.

He still hasn't come out and said that he has finally decided to look into Hillsborough and now realises from the Taylor report that the fans were not to blame.

He's slandered us before and he'll do it again. Has he ever been asked the question of whether or not he has ever read the report?

He still hasn't come out and said that he has finally decided to look into Hillsborough and now realises from the Taylor report that the fans were not to blame.

He's slandered us before and he'll do it again. Has he ever been asked the question of whether or not he has ever read the report?

to be fair how many of us have actually read the report? We might think we know what it says but i'll bet a tiny percentage have read it

Anti-Semitic, racist, and homophobic language is heavily monitored and punished.....if he had denied the Holocaust -- for example -- he would have been fired immediately because the public outcry would have received play in the press and people who know nothing about soccer/football would have gotten involved.

But, yes, freedom of speech (First Amendment rights) allows a lot of leeway. Recently a popular American DJ called a women's college basketball team a group of "nappy-headed hos." There was a huge outcry (as there always is with racial remarks by people in the media), and he was eventually suspended for several weeks.

Odious remarks about Hillsborough, on the other hand, are extremely unlikely to result in Cohen getting fired. Americans have a sensitivity to racist language, but only about 0.05% of the population knows anything about Hillsborough, so a small-time DJ making inaccurate statements about it is highly unlikely to result in anything more than sponsors backing out and an apology being demanded of him.

All very true and more reason for those that do hear to act. I have massive respect to what the Liverpool supporters (and Celtic now) in America have done in response to this wankers bullshit.

REDS CONDEMN HILLSBOROUGH RADIO LIES

Liverpool Football Club have today issued a statement in response to the recent ill-informed and inflammatory comments made about the Hillsborough disaster by the London-born, US-based Radio presenter Steve Cohen.

The official statement reads: Liverpool Football Club totally condemns the comments regarding the Hillsborough disaster made by the radio and TV broadcaster Steve Cohen.

Mr Cohen has obviously never taken the time to read the Taylor Report which stated clearly that ticketless fans were not a contributory factor or responsible for the events of that day.

To use the 20th anniversary of the disaster to repeat false claims about Liverpool fans (which Mr Cohen first broadcast and then apologised for in 2006) is even more unacceptable.

to be fair how many of us have actually read the report? We might think we know what it says but i'll bet a tiny percentage have read it

If it's a few lads in the pub then one can correct the other one. When someone is broadcasting to 10s if not 100s of thousands of people, then you make an effort to get your fucking facts right.

Guest ShoePiss
Define well received.

You asked them to boycott sponsors of Cohen, well received would be statements of solidarity from Sounders fans...

You asked them to boycott sponsors of Cohen, well received would be statements of solidarity from Sounders fans...

Hardly, "it's an english problem, let them deal with it" is generally the response I've gotten from them. It was suggested that the ECS send a scarf to Fox Football Fone-in to garner some publicity and I basically told them that if they sent it they wouldn't be getting my money.

Guest ShoePiss
Hardly, "it's an english problem, let them deal with it" is generally the response I've gotten from them. It was suggested that the ECS send a scarf to Fox Football Fone-in to garner some publicity and I basically told them that if they sent it they wouldn't be getting my money.

Oh well at least you tried, glad the Celtic supporters club from North America didn't take the same attitude but we can't expect supporters of teams with no connection at all to join with us, if they do great...

Oh well at least you tried, glad the Celtic supporters club from North America didn't take the same attitude but we can't expect supporters of teams with no connection at all to join with us, if they do great...

I tried to explain it to the board as a show of solidarity for fellow football fans but they didn't appreciate that very much, either. I know there are reds in ECS and if I only reach them, that's enough.

Guest The Chimp
Over the last few posts on the thread I started on the other forum, a number of people have expressed support. I'll keep you updated.

Good on you mate.

Bump... making sure this stays front and centre for our North American audience... while I am on it, can I encourage people to google and email Bobby McMahon about this. He is the Fox soccer analyst - and is the only person worth listening to in Canada. He's a Scot, and has little or no time for idiots. As I have done (oh so politely), I urge you to let him know that Mr Cohen is an idiot.

The awards for best radio/podcast shows and presenters are up and running and that cunt cohen and his show world soccer daily where way out in front till the good folk on the rattle and rawk started blasting the votes, they have now put Alan Green and 606 way ahead of him, we should do our bit also.

Direct links to the actual voting options....

Best EPL Radio Show Host | EPL Talk ... show-host/

Best EPL Radio Show | EPL Talk

I voted for Spoony even though he is shit