You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

All inclusive holidays

Furmedge

Has anyone been on one? Was it worth it?

I've been looking at a few for me and the other half for this summer, notably due to the Euro exchange rate being shite. So I thought I'd try and save a few bob and spend more on the holiday and less on the spends.

Only thing is I've been reading a lot of reviews of hotels and most people are complaining that the booze is watered down a lot and it takes about 10-15 minutes to be served.

Not sure if getting an all inclusive is all it's cracked up to be now.

Has anyone been on one? Was it worth it?

I've been looking at a few for me and the other half for this summer, notably due to the Euro exchange rate being shite. So I thought I'd try and save a few bob and spend more on the holiday and less on the spends.

Only thing is I've been reading a lot of reviews of hotels and most people are complaining that the booze is watered down a lot and it takes about 10-15 minutes to be served.

Not sure if getting an all inclusive is all it's cracked up to be now.

Me and my missus went on a First Choice deal to Kenya a couple of years back.

They have two classes in their cabins, and we went for the Star Class Premierb (I suppose their equivalent of business, which often only costs a hundred or two more pp), which was absolutely quality. I've flown Virgin Upper Class (once, for a special occasion), and this was getting on for as good. Fat leather seats, unlimited booze etc. We were in row one of the plane, and it was practically silent, we were that far in front of the engines. Not to mention the free booze.

Anyway, great hotel, beautiful pool, excellent room care, understandably average brekkie and lunch buffets, scary monkeys that you mustn't feed, as we found out when they went berserk after we ran out of jam we stole from the kitchen, nice elephants, lovely beach that was sadly riddled with beach boys trying to hock you shit, and met a bunch of people who were really down-to-earth for fun times in the bar. Every night...

Oh, and it was free beer and cheapo spirits - as much as you can drink - but if you want decent wine that will cost you.

End of the day, I definitely think we got value for money. Paid about a grand each all in, but were prepared to pay extras for posh dinner on the odd occasion (once) etc.

All in all, I think this is a good way for those of us who ain't rich but ain't poor to have an exotic holiday.

Hope my ramblings are of help - message me if you want to know more.

I've been on three, all for one week and all around the Med. Once in Rhodes in 2004, Cyprus 2007 and Turkey last year near a place called Kadriye.

For me it's all been about convenience. It's marvellous if you fancy lying around by the pool all day and properly relaxing as you can drink / sleep / swim / drink / sleep / swim / drink etc. You get the picture.

On all the ones I've been on, meals have been at set times although with breakfast being something like 7 - 10, lunch around 12 - 2.30 and dinner between 6 and 10 you're hardly pinned down to a timetable. Breakfast and lunch are the main bonuses as you don't have to think about making arrangements to eat or go anywhere if you don't want to.

I think some people who book holidays like this want to take advantage and drink all night for free. I think there are holidays you can book that'll cater for that but you'll pay for it. The three I've ben on closed their bars to free drinks at around 12 - 1 and charge for drinks thereafter. To be honest though drinking for 24 hours isn't what that kind of holiday is all about. Get yourself an an 18-30 if that's your ideal break. Last year me and briefs wandered back to the apartment after the bar closed and cracked open a few drinks on the balcony which was sound.

I know a lad who goes all over on expensive all incs - Mexico, Carribbean, Kenya etc and he prides himself on never spending more than about £20 whilst he's away. Tight bastard. Personally I prefer to go out and eat at night and try a few different restaurants and bars but each to his own I guess. I'd feel like a prisoner if I didn't leave the complex at all but then again some places like Jamaica recommend you don't leave the site because you'll get mugged or shot. Which is why going somewhere like that doesn't interest me in the slightest. I want to see the places I visit. If you never leave the complex you may as well buy a sun bed and a paddling pool and stay at home. Each to his own though I guess.

All in all, shop around and there's loads of places that'll cater for exactly what you want. Enjoy.

...If you never leave the complex you may as well buy a sun bed and a paddling pool and stay at home. Each to his own though I guess...

That's what I said on the other thread. It doesn't make any sense to fly to the other side of the world if you never really leave the place where you're staying.

That's what I said on the other thread. It doesn't make any sense to fly to the other side of the world if you never really leave the place where you're staying.

Can't imagine anything worse or a more criminal waste of money.

A few years ago that mate of mine was going to Cuba. I bumped into him as he was on his way to the post office to get his fifty pounds holiday cash for 2 weeks. I thought he was joking but he said he'd be bringing home change out of that and why would he pay through the nose for an all inclusive then have to pay extra for anything. He didn't go on any trips and saw nothing of the place whatsoever. What a fucking wast of time. What's the point?

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Me and the Mrs are away to Sharm El Shielk on Monday where peace may indeed break out!!!!! She will bake in the sun and drink beer. I will read Carra's book...........and drink beer. Drink,drink,drink etc.

Down to the Camel Bar on Saturday and watch the Red Men against the Villa. Drink,drink,drink etc. It is the spot for the All Inc 'cause if you get pissed off with the grub at the resort its cheap enough to go into town have a wee Chinese,Indian, Pizza and drink,drink,drink etc. Last time we were there(year ago) it was £15 for two courses and a couple of beers for the two of us.

Been over loads of times and done the cultural bits(just in case you think we are philis..........philistin..........mancs) Templed out pyrimided (eh) out so now its just drink, drink, drink etc etc etc.

Just do it!!:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Ive been on four all inclusive holidays.

One in Bulgaria - it was shit. shit food, shit beer (only the local stuff was all in)

One in Turkey - it was shit. same as above.

Once in Cancun - it was amazing. fantastic food, all drinks included, 24 hour food and drink.

were going back this year to Cancun, it was brilliant! couldnt recommend it enough

• 13 years later...

Looking to do one next year with me, Mrs D, kidD (will be 9) and 3 of our parents aged 70+

Never done one before and there's so much selection out there so. Hoping someone has specific suggestions of resorts or hotels. 

Not really arsed where it is but it needs to have a kids club, decent pools with aqua park ideally for the little one. 

Any suggestions? 

Sao Rafael Suite . Just past Albuferia.  Certainly not the advertised 5 star would say 4 star for amenities 3.5 for food . Good kids club . Bit quiet . Don't worry about good or bad reviews it's decent and suits children, couples and grandparents . Food and drink, average to good for the daily barb at lunch time . If you eat fish even better. All the drinks local eg super bock great headache material. Nice in fact beautiful  beach 600m away , walkable . Been about 5 times , my two girls are  past  the kids club so thank god there is WiFi throughout hotel  . Rooms especially family rooms brilliant. 

• Like 1

I've been to two all inclusives in recent years, and I swear, I'll never do them again. 

Our kids are quite young and we thought it would be a good idea with the kids. 

WRONG! 

The food is generally so shit that we ended up going out for meals anyway. The whole thing with being stuck in the dining halls at particular times as well did my head in. 

Each to their own. But not for me

• Upvote 1