You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The Godfather

Guest Ulysses Everett McGill

2 minutes ago, aws said:

Even the best consigliere may not make a great wartime consigliere. 

He also advised Vito to make the deal with the Turk over the narcotics.

If Don Corleone had listened to that Kraut Mick, there never would have been a war, and we wouldnt have a glorious movie.

• 4 weeks later...

On 02/01/2021 at 09:54, Paulie Dangerously said:

He's got an enormous penis so she's probably glad of day off. 

One of the things I recall from reading the book about 30 years ago is the girl that Sonny is shagging at the wedding has a cavernous vagina. That's why she is so into Sonny.

Puzo goes into great detail about it and follows the story of the girl with the massive fanjita through her various travails and unsatisfactory relationships. Eventually I think she meets a gynaey type doctor who, if memory serves,  resolves the problem surgically. Largely for his own benefit.

Coppola must have cut all that in the final edits.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, mgw100 said:

One of the things I recall from reading the book about 30 years ago is the girl that Sonny is shagging at the wedding has a cavernous vagina. That's why she is so into Sonny.

Puzo goes into great detail about it and follows the story of the girl with the massive fanjita through her various travails and unsatisfactory relationships. Eventually I think she meets a gynaey type doctor who, if memory serves,  resolves the problem surgically. Largely for his own benefit.

I've just read the book, weird sub story there

1 hour ago, mgw100 said:

Haha yeah I remember that. Absolutely not a necessary plot to maintain through such a large book  

Watched parts 1 and 2 in the last week. Both sensational, Part 2 would be my pick at the moment but I'll rewatch them again soon.

I was absolutely buzzing after watching both and still am.

I don't expect part 3 to be in the same league but I'll watch it next. 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Elite said:

Watched parts 1 and 2 in the last week. Both sensational, Part 2 would be my pick at the moment but I'll rewatch them again soon.

Had you not seen any of them before? What a treat.

I can never choose my favourite between I and II, probably whichever one I have most recently watched.  But if I could only take one to a desert island it would be I, no II, no I...ah fuck it, Pulp Fiction it is then.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Moo said:

Had you not seen any of them before? What a treat.

I can never choose my favourite between I and II, probably whichever one I have most recently watched.  But if I could only take one to a desert island it would be I, no II, no I...ah fuck it, Pulp Fiction it is then.

I half watched them when I was a tennager but never really paid the attention they deserved but wow, they fully justify the hype.

1 hour ago, Elite said:

Part III is a good film, watch it with an open mind & forget all the philistines who go on about it being shite.

• Upvote 3

16 hours ago, Elite said:

They're okay, I suppose, not really my type of movie.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
14 minutes ago, Kevin D said:

Head to the second last page of the boxing thread, you're kind of famous.

Ha ha, I'd forgotten about that.

Up there with the time I met a Belgian bloke at a party and immediately asked him if he'd seen Timecop. These are the moments I'll be talking about on my death bed.

I miss The Boss by the way, he was a fucking great poster.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...