You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck me it's cold out there today

grazywalker

We've had all kinds of weather up here over the past 2 days. Rain, Hail, heavy snow, thunder & lightening and bright sunshine.

woke up this morning to a lovely white view. untouched backroads covered with a couple of inches of snow. Was really great fun driving. Got back earlier this evening though & most of it had turned to slush.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To get out of my road, you have to drive up a steep hill. The said hill is currently covered in ice and my attempt to drive up in before ended with my car sliding back down.

I'm fucking stuck here and I'm meant to be in Manchester for 9.30am.

I'm going to have one more go in a bit and if I cant get out again. I'm staying off work. Called my manager to tell him and he is pissing himself because he knows how steep the fucker is.

Guest The Big Green Bastard

Had to walk 5 miles through the hilly gloucestershire countryside earlier after abandoning a 2wd car with fuck all torque. Pushed a strangers 2wd BMW out of a ditch whilst getting my feet soaked 1 foot in water without a single 'thanks alot mate'.

The worst part of the long hike/slide was watching many a Range Rover drive past without offering a lift to the nearest pub. I am now beginning to question why the fuck should i help anybody ever again.

If anyone here drives a Range Rover or a similar vehicle, please tell me so i can neg them for eternity.

We live in Basingstoke currently, it's been snowing like a bitch the past few days, roads iced over, abandoned cars everywhere, icey paths. The works. Been on the national news as we've bore the brunt of it all. 3,000 people were stranded on Monday

BBC News - Heavy snowfall causes traffic chaos in Basingstoke

Walked home from work last night, fell over countless times, a walk that normally takes 30minutes took me an hour and a half.

Tonight it's now pissing it down. All the snow and ice has started to melt, creating huge puddles in the roads and pavements.

Really looking forward to driving back to our hometown tomorrow to get away from it all (not a drop of anything there). Not looking forward to walking to work tomorrow morning in the newly formed ice on ice however. Still hurting from last nights walk.

We live in Basingstoke currently, it's been snowing like a bitch the past few days, roads iced over, abandoned cars everywhere, icey paths. The works. Been on the national news as we've bore the brunt of it all. 3,000 people were stranded on Monday

I used to live about 11 miles from Basingstoke in Alton.

Can get fucking cold in that area and Monday night must have been a real pain in the arse (literally at times).

But hey it's all going away ready for christmas now there's a surprise!!

I used to live about 11 miles from Basingstoke in Alton.

Can get fucking cold in that area and Monday night must have been a real pain in the arse (literally at times).

But hey it's all going away ready for christmas now there's a surprise!!

It wasn't that bad until last night, didn't fall over once before then. The other half isn't working so she was safe at home, I walk to and from work so neither of us was stranded the past few days.

What did make me laugh was her insitance she'd pick me up from work on Monday, despite me filtering to her the reports of traffic jams lasting for seven hours, cars being stuck in the snow, ice on the roads. She thought it wouldn't affect her, even though we use the roads that were jammed.

...Women

True, though Canadian cold is different to our cold as the air is much drier over there whereas over here it's so damp.

It's a bit like the dry heat in somewhere like Saudi whereas for us it's always humid.

It makes me laugh though how British people are never satisfied. In summer it's always too hot, in Autumn it's too wet and in winter it's too cold - and worse still, now that we have snow and a good chance of a white Christmas people are complaining. I love it.

Though I can't stand the news channels' around the clock coverage of the "developing story" regarding the weather and "Blizzard Britain". Can't they just report on the news without all the extra overdramatic bullshit?

This is so true, there is nowhere in the world where -2c feels colder and where 23c is more sweltering than Britain. Honestly, I've felt much lower and higher temperatures in other countries but those british extremes seem harsher in each case.

Fuck knows why.

I fell aslepp about 9pm and it was dry out. Just woke up to get a drink, looked out the window and there was a fucking snowman looking at me in the Garden.

When the fuck did all that get dumped and why is there Snowmen in everyones garden. It looks like everyone has been out having a laugh and not bothered giving me a shout.

I'm going out in a minute and knocking everyones snowmen down and writing fuck you in piss.

True, though Canadian cold is different to our cold as the air is much drier over there whereas over here it's so damp.

It's a bit like the dry heat in somewhere like Saudi whereas for us it's always humid.

It makes me laugh though how British people are never satisfied. In summer it's always too hot, in Autumn it's too wet and in winter it's too cold - and worse still, now that we have snow and a good chance of a white Christmas people are complaining. I love it.

Though I can't stand the news channels' around the clock coverage of the "developing story" regarding the weather and "Blizzard Britain". Can't they just report on the news without all the extra overdramatic bullshit?

I rarely complain about our weather - and certainly never do in the summer when it's hot. However, the one thing I hate is snow - with one crucial proviso: when I have to do stuff. Our country is just not geared up for it and driving in it is fucking horrible. Our road is like a fucking ice rink and there have been numerous minor knocks and scrapes over the last few days.

That said, I can now batten down the hatches and not touch the car until Monday. I therefore celebrated that fact this morning by having a post-drive clearing snowball fight with my next-door-but-one neighbour at 7am. It was fucking great. And I battered him. Snow sucks for work, but rules for play. We're going out to make a snow man after breaky. Woo-hoo!!!

I think I've got a phobia about ice, it could have something to do with the fact I once slipped over in a road and a car wheel stopped inches from my head.

I also hate it when the news urges you to stay in doors, I just think "I'd love to you bellend, but I'd get sacked."

I'm sure RoboRiise will volunteer his Punto if someone feels like doing Stu a favor.

Get some of your mates together with skis and hunting rifles and shit and do a direct decedent of Erik the Red a favour. You can pretend the trains are transporting heavy water or some shit.

BBC News - Heavy snowfall causes traffic chaos in Basingstoke

Walked home from work last night, fell over countless times, a walk that normally takes 30minutes took me an hour and a half.

Tonight it's now pissing it down. All the snow and ice has started to melt, creating huge puddles in the roads and pavements.

Really looking forward to driving back to our hometown tomorrow to get away from it all (not a drop of anything there). Not looking forward to walking to work tomorrow morning in the newly formed ice on ice however. Still hurting from last nights walk.

Man, the amount of snow on that film is crap. I am sure we used to have more when I was younger without it being that chaotic. Gay.