You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Fuck me it's cold out there today

grazywalker

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh, get her! I was clarifying for the fair weather folk in the sweaty regions.
Haha that came across as if I got sand in my vagina aboot it didn't it? It didn't, I'm just saying in UK we get far lower temperatures than what is on paper due to wind chill. I knew a Swede who said it was colder in Britain than Sweden due to the wind.

Obviously Canada is a different league altogether, eh?

Well I'm sat in a house with no central heating.

Bastard packed in this morning, cant re-light it either, Spent the best part of the day trying to get a decent emergency call out.

Tuesday is the best I can get.

Went out late this afternoon borrowing and buying radiators to keep the kids and the house warm

Thankfully its not going to be frosty here tonight.

How our grandparents survived with coal fires, newspaper wrapped hot bricks and outside toilets is beyond me.

Still, reckon I can talk my wife in to an early night....

Well I'm sat in a house with no central heating.

Bastard packed in this morning, cant re-light it either, Spent the best part of the day trying to get a decent emergency call out.

Tuesday is the best I can get.

Went out late this afternoon borrowing and buying radiators to keep the kids and the house warm

Thankfully its not going to be frosty here tonight.

How our grandparents survived with coal fires, newspaper wrapped hot bricks and outside toilets is beyond me.

Still, reckon I can talk my wife in to an early night....

I'm 32 and just 3 years ago only had a coal fire as the heating of the house, fortunately we had an inside toilet, but still had an outside one in case someone was in the bathroom.

A coal fire in this weather used to be ace, you'd be sweating your tits off in one room of the house and getting frost bite in another.

No family near by you can land on tomorrow night?

I'm 32 and just 3 years ago only had a coal fire as the heating of the house, fortunately we had an inside toilet, but still had an outside one in case someone was in the bathroom.

A coal fire in this weather used to be ace, you'd be sweating your tits off in one room of the house and getting frost bite in another.

I never knew you lived in Sunderland.

Coal fires are fucking ace. I miss my one. Now that I'm somewhere semi-civilised (for Welsh values of semi-civilisation, where the population of my area exceeds 50 people but still less than 1000) I've actually got gas. Wow! Gas! Fancy that.

Still got an outside toilet though. Nowt more satisfying than melting the scrim of ice on your khazi with your piss.

As my Grandad used to say "Its not cold until the curtains freeze to the window"

Sorry for not replying, managed that early night after all...which involved 10 hours of sleep and nothing else.

I am seriously considering having a dual fuel stove fitted, might even have a back boiler too, the house is 1930's and can take it no problem

Hate being a slave to British Gas, and European Gas supplies.

I know a stove would involve a lot more work, but it must be more satisfying.

As my Grandad used to say "Its not cold until the curtains freeze to the window"

Sorry for not replying, managed that early night after all...which involved 10 hours of sleep and nothing else.

I am seriously considering having a dual fuel stove fitted, might even have a back boiler too, the house is 1930's and can take it no problem

Hate being a slave to British Gas, and European Gas supplies.

I know a stove would involve a lot more work, but it must be more satisfying.

Bee's knees.

Depending on your fuel type they can be a pain, but for heating and cooking at the same time. I loved my rayburn even though it was something from the 50's and powered by coal.

Guest davelfc
It's 40°c here, that's a little bit too warm.

Was in Perth a couple of weeks ago. Give me the cold here any day, you can have your flies swarming around your head as soon as you poke your head outside the door any day as far as I'm concerned.

Haha that came across as if I got sand in my vagina aboot it didn't it? It didn't, I'm just saying in UK we get far lower temperatures than what is on paper due to wind chill. I knew a Swede who said it was colder in Britain than Sweden due to the wind.

Obviously Canada is a different league altogether, eh?

Yep, it really is different. You can go outside in -10 here and be semi comfortable as it's a really dry cold - I remember North Wales as a lad when it was cold and damp and it went right through you, different kind of bone numbing cold altogether.

Guest Pistonbroke
Cananada.

I was stationed in Medicine Hat, Alberta for all of 1985. Boss winters with tons of snow. We had -40+ on the wind chill factor quite often. I remember waiting for a bus to get back to camp whilst pissed in a t shirt. Surprisingly the natives thought we were mad, but in a funny way it didn't actually feel that cold. Always preferred winter to summer and the cold never really bothered me. But now with the onset of arthritis at the grand ols age of 45 it's pissing me off.