You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The "things that make you realise you're getting older" thread

Section_31

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Needing glasses. I know a lot of people need them from young, the genetic mutants, but being the Aryan love God that I am, I've always had good eyesight. Now I'm fucked. I'm going to have to give in, because I'm squinting all over the shop trying to read.

• Upvote 1

Needing glasses. I know a lot of people need them from young, the genetic mutants, but being the Aryan love God that I am, I've always had good eyesight. Now I'm fucked. I'm going to have to give in, because I'm squinting all over the shop trying to read.

I was so proud of my eyesight but at the way its deteriorating now I'll be blind within the next 5 years.

I choose to think now that glasses are very sexy

• Upvote 1

Guest Numero Veinticinco

I was so proud of my eyesight but at the way its deteriorating now I'll be blind within the next 5 years.

I choose to think now that glasses are very sexy

Yeah, I'm choosing to believe the same thing. And they do, you're right. My hair is starting to shift a bit, too. Once it gets to a certain stage, I'll go for the bald man with glasses but a cool beard look.

Cool beard - check.

Blind as a fucking bat - check.

Hair thinning - uncheck, hairdressers laugh at the amount produced when I just have a trim, I've got hair like Teenwolf.

In the last 6 months or so I've gone over that line from needing glasses for certain things to needing them for everything, and can't function at all without them. Just need someone to invent windscreen wipers for the bastards at this time of year.

Cool beard - check.

Blind as a fucking bat - check.

Hair thinning - uncheck, hairdressers laugh at the amount produced when I just have a trim, I've got hair like Teenwolf.

In the last 6 months or so I've gone over that line from needing glasses for certain things to needing them for everything, and can't function at all without them. Just need someone to invent windscreen wipers for the bastards at this time of year.

I too am cursed with hair as thick as a Badger's back. I hate it.

Standing at the pier head in a strong wind (yesterday) and noticing that my left eyebrow was getting blown all over the place, when glancing up I could see it moving back and forth and it constantly needed fixing, unlike the 'hair' on my head ! fucking hell :rolleyes:

christ how long is it?  what about your right eyebrow?  or have you got some sort of Phil Oakey thing going on but with eyebrows?

I'm with you on the specs, I need to wear them virtually all the time to watch the telly.

Hair-wise, I'm the envy of my slap headed mates, but I'm slowly going grey.

But the worst part is my nose hair growth..... nobody told me about that!

And women over 30 are now more my bag...