You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Planes Trains & Automobiles. Every time without fail. I have a lump in my throat right from the bit where Steve Martin walks into the station waiting room to get John Candy and I struggle to hold it together from then until the credits.

LOTR RoTK as well. Same as Sabbathfan.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not the type to cry my eyes out (forget all that embrace-your-sensitive-side bollocks) but there are a few moments in movies that have brought a tear or two. I have yet to see the movie "Up" so cannot comment. *Spoiler warning alert*.

Shawshank Redemption (Brooks' life in freedom, and the ending).

Gladiator (the ending).

Trainspotting (Sickboy's baby).

Leaving Las Vegas (Ben's death).

Schindler's List (Oskar's plea to keep the factory going, to do more than he has).

The Killing Fields (Schanberg reunites with Pran with John Lennon's Imagine in the background).

The Green Mile (John Coffey's execution).

Independence Day (President tells his daughter that "Mommy's asleep now.").

Godfather Part III (Michael reminisces over the women in his life before passing away).

There might be others.

I'm not the type to cry my eyes out (forget all that embrace-your-sensitive-side bollocks) but there are a few moments in movies that have brought a tear or two. I have yet to see the movie "Up" so cannot comment. *Spoiler warning alert*.

Gladiator (the ending).

Schindler's List (Oskar's plea to keep the factory going, to do more than he has).

The Killing Fields (Schanberg reunites with Pran with John Lennon's Imagine in the background).

Godfather Part III (Michael reminisces over the women in his life before passing away).

There might be others.

I'm assuming that this thread is a neg-free zone, otherwise.....

Guest Numero Veinticinco

It isn't a film, but the TV Show I've most cried at is the ending of Six Feet Under. You've got to be a heartless git not to cry your face off at that.

Gladiator (the ending).

There might be others.

do you have ovaries?

I'm assuming that this thread is a neg-free zone, otherwise.....

That one comes from the fact I was in the hospital waiting room with a friend who had to say pretty much the exact same thing to his 6 year old son. This sort of thing is difficult to watch as a result.

do you have ovaries?

"Why would you say that? That's just mean!"

"It's not what you said, it's the way you said it."

"Fuck off, I'm watching Twilight!"

Those would be appropriate responses if I did.

I think I'll go back to being an emotionally retarded automaton from now on, as it's much less hassle. Powering down.

"Why would you say that? That's just mean!"

"It's not what you said, it's the way you said it."

"Fuck off, I'm watching Twilight!"

How long have you known my 15 year old daughter?

edit, without the fuck off bit. She wouldn't be eating solids for a week if she said that to me.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
How long have you known my 15 year old daughter?

Hmn.

I'm working really hard on my public behaviour. You're not making it easy for me to exercise self restraint.

Hmn.

I'm working really hard on my public behaviour. You're not making it easy for me to exercise self restraint.

She has her mothers training when it comes to men, kick first and apologise only when forced to by the courts.

The kick thing is important given her massive shoe size.

That one comes from the fact I was in the hospital waiting room with a friend who had to say pretty much the exact same thing to his 6 year old son. This sort of thing is difficult to watch as a result.

Ah.

Now I feel a right cunt.

(Still a shit film, though.)