You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I really liked Uncle Junior's younger character. Wished we'd seen more of him to be honest.

Anyone else reckon Phil Leotardo could have been a closet queer? It's little things he said and did that made me think of it.

The young Junior was ace, you could see how he ended up the way he did.

I reckon Phil Leotardo had been called out as a 'pussy' too often in the past and now over-compensates. That chase scene where he tries to drive away from Tony and gets rammed into the back of the truck: The look on his face when he clocks Tony and makes a dash for it; pure cowardice there.

I was thinking of the scene for example where it showed him laying in bed not being able to sleep during the fall out with Vito, another being the way he

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

ended up killing him and sticking a pool queue up his arse

Probably way off like but there was another bit where he was talking about wanting to fuck something in prison but using a tissue instead when talking about resisting temptation in regards to dealing with Vito and ended up doing the opposite anyway and killing him. So I'm wondering if he really did start bumming fellas in prison. Was 20 years afterall

I was thinking of the scene for example where it showed him laying in bed not being able to sleep during the fall out with Vito, another being the way he

Warning! The following content is NOT WORK SAFE. Click the Show button to reveal.

ended up killing him and sticking a pool queue up his arse

Probably way off like but there was another bit where he was talking about wanting to fuck something in prison but using a tissue instead when talking about resisting temptation in regards to dealing with Vito and ended up doing the opposite anyway and killing him. So I'm wondering if he really did start bumming fellas in prison. Was 20 years afterall

I reckon your right.

Guest davelfc

I can't read this thread yet, I recently discovered The Sopranos and I love it, so much I have loaned the full box set and am right now ripping it to my itunes to watch at my leisure.

Heard there might be a film too.

• 1 month later...

Just finished watching this after 3 months. I reckon he was whacked, and I reckon Butch had it done after what happened to Phil.

My favourite episode was the pine barrens, that was comedy genius. I was dissapointed with series 5, with all the stuff with Tony and Carmella. It dragged on for ages.

But, the last series was brilliant. When it showed that Phil was going to kill Tony, Sil and Bobby, I thought they'd just get Tony and that would be the ending, I didnt see that ending coming a mile off.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit disappointed with the final scene.

If he was meant to be killed, they could have ended with him looking down the barrel of a gun, if he wasn't, then end it with meadow coming in, and them having a nice chat while the music drowns out the talking, fade to black.

I don't think they gained anything from leaving it like that.

Overall though, great program, start to finish.

Anyone else reckon Phil Leotardo could have been a closet queer? It's little things he said and did that made me think of it.

not sure how to do spoilers so ill be vague

he literally came out the closet on screen....and seemed to panic a lot about that whole situation, maybe certain someone saw him in a club

• 3 months later...
Watched the episode last night were uncle Jnr is pissed off at the court artists drawing of him, while the court case of his life is proceeding he is just eyeballing the artist; who is shitting himself. Makes me laugh every time.

Some of Junior's throwaway lines have me in stitches.

"Hey junior do you want me to make you a sandwich?"

"Did you hear about my balls? Who could fuckin' eat!"

• Like 1

The whole Vito being gay reaction was pretty funny too. Paulie saying if he finds him he'll be getting something up his arse...... and it won't be a cock.

Tony's is the best. Melfi asks him what the problem is and he goes:

"He's a faaaaag! Although, that lesbian thing with the Jennifer Beals...it's not bad."

• 3 weeks later...

Been watching it the last few weeks, all season 2 and season 6, I've began to pick up a lot more character traits than the first couple of times of watching. I think Tony should have handled Phil a lot better, he showed wekaness from the offset when he was acting boss. Phil took down the vitamain score and obviously didn't settle up with Tony, Tony was to desperate to appease always. After he was shot and all that live each day shit he lost his ruthless edge, then the envelopes were continually light and the no shows, Phil was doing as he fucking pleased culimanting with whacking Tony's captain Vito. Now personal feelings aside Tony should never have stood for that, it was jersey business, Syl alluded to the fact Phil had no fear of Tony a couple of times but T was too chicken shit to do anything about it. He also lost a big allie when he whacked Christopher, rightly or wrongly. I've still got the last four episodes to go so they're not as fresh in memory, will post a few more thoughts wwhen I've got through them though.

Been watching it the last few weeks, all season 2 and season 6, I've began to pick up a lot more character traits than the first couple of times of watching. I think Tony should have handled Phil a lot better, he showed wekaness from the offset when he was acting boss. Phil took down the vitamain score and obviously didn't settle up with Tony, Tony was to desperate to appease always. After he was shot and all that live each day shit he lost his ruthless edge, then the envelopes were continually light and the no shows, Phil was doing as he fucking pleased culimanting with whacking Tony's captain Vito. Now personal feelings aside Tony should never have stood for that, it was jersey business, Syl alluded to the fact Phil had no fear of Tony a couple of times but T was too chicken shit to do anything about it. He also lost a big allie when he whacked Christopher, rightly or wrongly. I've still got the last four episodes to go so they're not as fresh in memory, will post a few more thoughts wwhen I've got through them though.

I think Tony was pretty powerless to take on New York though. They had 200 made guys apparently, compared to what in Jersey? Between maybe 20-40 at the very most?

• 3 months later...

Just watched "University" again, the one with that exotic dancer Tracy. It is an incredible episode of television. I have no idea how they made me sympathise and care for the poor girl in only 40 minutes and simultaneously make me laugh out loud 6 or 7 times; first class story tellers at the very top of their game.

Ralphie is such a cunt, but I do like the guy. "Why was I born handsome instead of rich?"

• 4 weeks later...

Just getting towards the end of Season 4 for the 3rd or 4th time. I must admit when I first watched the Sopranos then the Wire, I thought the Sopranos was a little crude in comparison, an observation I'm a little embarrassed over now. It's extremely subtle(a strange look here and there sets the wheels in motion) and deliberate in its pace. They did an episode debating scholarly interpretation of Christopher Columbus, just because they felt like it. The more you read, or even watch movies, the more psychological, historical and cultural references you pick up on.

Having said that, I think casting AJ at the age they did was a huge missed opportunity. I think they realised that, too, which is why Jackie JR and Chris became as prominent as they did. Season 3 was outstanding, but why was there no major arch involving Tony? It would have taken what was a superbly written series(better than two, in my opinion) to the next level. I'd ask the same about 4 as well? Also agree with Zeke about Tony's therapy sessions, after his mum died he says something like "I guess this is over. She's dead" and I think he was spot on - there was very little use for Melfi after that. He should have been seeing a much more aggressive shrink or discontinued it altogether. Killing Ralph was a massive massive mistake. Why?

And how blatant is the product placement at times?

Season 3 was fucked up by Nancy Marchand dying, his mum was supposed to testify against him in a wire fraud case over the stolen airline tickets.

With regards the product placement, when they crashed Tony's Cadilac in season five they had to insert the words 'they reckon the Cadilac saved his life' at the insitance of the company.

These were the nuggets you picked up on The Sopranos tour.

Still hands down my favourite holiday snap. Art.

222911_1052538386079_1004353402_30166844_254_n.jpg

Season 3 was fucked up by Nancy Marchand dying, his mum was supposed to testify against him in a wire fraud case over the stolen airline tickets.

With regards the product placement, when they crashed Tony's Cadilac in season five they had to insert the words 'they reckon the Cadilac saved his life' at the insitance of the company.

These were the nuggets you picked up on The Sopranos tour.

Still hands down my favourite holiday snap. Art.

222911_1052538386079_1004353402_30166844_254_n.jpg

Ah, yes, I remember you clarifying that in my Livia thread. The scene when Tony gives her the tickets is top drawer as well. Found the exact bit, as well; sometimes I fucking love Youtube:

[YOUTUBE]WAbldmqXrVg[/YOUTUBE]

Superb hand gestures.

Any musings on Ralphie?