You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

It just looks like there's lines behind it mate, maybe its the design or the way im looking at it

So that one isn't yours? Its the one you are getting like?

sorry, yer it is mine. the lines could be from where he shaved my leg with the bluntest fuckin' razor you've ever seen. its diffrent.. thats why i liked it. always wanted to get the liverbird in red with the 5 stars around it but everyone has that, there wont be many people with this one i hope.

sorry, yer it is mine. the lines could be from where he shaved my leg with the bluntest fuckin' razor you've ever seen. its diffrent.. thats why i liked it. always wanted to get the liverbird in red with the 5 stars around it but everyone has that, there wont be many people with this one i hope.

Indeed. Dont see the point in getting a tattoo that 50,000 other people have - i had mine drawn freehand so i know im the only person that has it. I think the lines im referring to are shadows behind the birds and the deep black lines.

Like you say its different, and it looks good anyway. Fair fucks like.

I think those all black tribal looking tattoos are a bit shit in all honesty, where's the art in them?

Is right. I feel the same as you, but i seen this one and just loved it. I think the way the liverbirds are worked into it made me like it. wouldnt have got a tribal-ish one otherwise. think the people who get the chinese writing need a slap. lad i know got his name spelt wrong in the chinese symbol. dont get me started on the girls 'tramp' stamps either.

More photos needed - I am deffo gonna get one (mid-life crisis and all that) and want some ideas.

I'm thinking of Liverbird, European Cup and 5 stars in some design. Maybe 'You'll never walk alone', too in some bizarre script.

I've never had a tattoo before - is it best to get the tattooist to knock up a couple of designs or go in with one?

More photos needed - I am deffo gonna get one (mid-life crisis and all that) and want some ideas.

I'm thinking of Liverbird, European Cup and 5 stars in some design. Maybe 'You'll never walk alone', too in some bizarre script.

I've never had a tattoo before - is it best to get the tattooist to knock up a couple of designs or go in with one?

go in with one, ask him/her what they think of it and just throw some ideas around. make sure they know what size you want it. they will draw the stencil before you have it done so you dont wanna turn up and the stencil is the wrong size... and make sure its spelt right lol

Lol. Looking at some tattoo son the internet I'd better check that they get L.F.C. right.

Thanks for the advice.

One more question, there's a couple of tattooists near me and I don't know anyone who has used them. Other than going in and looking through the books, is there any way of telling which is the best? I mean, anyone could have drawn that for them.

Sorry, like I said I've never had one before and I don't want it to look shit because they're talentless.

Guest ShoePiss

Don't like tattoos and wouldn't ever get one, at around 18yrs old I did want a LFC related tat but decided against it thankfully.

I always think of kids who decide that the living room wall is a good place to scribble when I see people with tattoos, whether it's a living room wall or a body I just don't think that's a good place for ink.

Each to their own and all of that but I just don't like the look of them.

I got the old crest done on my right arse cheek in 1989.

It's a bit, er, broader now than it was then. As is the 'Top Cat' I got done on the other cheek in 1990.

And if any of you cunts don't like this revelation you can kiss whichever side takes your fancy.

PS I met a fella in a Glasgow chip shop late one night many years ago and noticed that on the knuckles of his left hand he had the the letters GERS. When I asked ' you're a Rangers man then eh? ' he showed me the knuckles on his right hand where he had the letters FIN.........................