You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Footy People in 'real' Jobs?

Section_31

If you could force someone from the world of football to take a real job, who and what would it be and why?

I'd make Andy Townsend an ambassador to the United Nations, I always remember his comment to Ruud Gullit about the fact the Spanish team struggle in tournaments due to their regional bias, "You know you're saying the Catalans don't like them and the Basque's don't like the others and all the rest of it, well I'm sorry Ruud but that's just stupid! They need to just get on with it!"

"Itsh a bid more comlicaded than that Erndy."

haha, he'd go down a storm on the middle east would Andy.

Failing that I'd like to see Crouch as a jockey, just for comedy value.

I would send Garth Crooks to Iraq as he would attempt to patronise the Iraqi's into surrender and thus recieve a bullet through his chops!

Superb.

Garth Crooks as a war correspondant make me think of that black guy 'Theo' from Die Hard.

"What have we here gentlemen? And the police have got themselves an RV!"

David Pleat does actually moonlight as a translator for pretty much every language. Universities also use recorded examples of his fine pronunciations, particularly of African and Middle Eastern names, as the perfect model for students to aspire to.

His numerous variations of the pronunciation of Sissoko for example (even within the same sentence) are particularly helpful in encouraging downsy students to at least pipe up and have a go. The most important thing being they at least get the vague sound of the word/name correct.

Also, before delighting the masses by signing up to the BNP, Ron Atkinson’s flourishing career as a surreal comedian reached it’s peak in 2003 when he declared that Liverpool would win the league by using Kewell’s far post heading ability which would be frequently picked out by Heskey’s pinpoint crossing.

David Pleat does actually moonlight as a translator for pretty much every language. Universities also use recorded examples of his fine pronunciations, particularly of African and Middle Eastern names, as the perfect model for students to aspire to.

His numerous variations of the pronunciation of Sissoko for example (even within the same sentence) are particularly helpful in encouraging downsy students to at least pipe up and have a go. The most important thing being they at least get the vague sound of the word/name correct.

Also, before delighting the masses by signing up to the BNP, Ron Atkinson’s flourishing career as a surreal comedian reached it’s peak in 2003 when he declared that Liverpool would win the league by using Kewell’s far post heading ability which would be frequently picked out by Heskey’s pinpoint crossing.

BFR is next in line to manage Newcastle.

He's already re-designed the kit.

kkkNewcastle.jpg

I'd make Diouf work at the lowest possible level at Tesco. Just long enough to kill his soul; about a decade would do.

I'd make Micheal Brown a physio helping people with horrific injuries to walk again.

I'd have Sam Allardyce driving the bus route through Wythenshawe and Moss Side; well into his sixties.

Javier Zanetti would be head of the UN. Oh yeah; hear the Zapatismo rising, brothers.

Wayne Rooney, University Challenge team captain.

"How many electrons are contained within a Hydrogen atom?"

Bzzzzzzz

"Burnley College, Rooney"

"Erm."

"No I'm afraid you lose five points."

"What is the capital of the United States?"

"Burnley College, Rooney."

"Erm"

"No, I'm sorry you lose another five points."

I could watch that shit for hours me.